This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar properbreaks 9 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    trelos6
    Participant

There’s a lot of talk about the 2014 class being a dud and 2015 is going to be a stronger draft, so I thought I’d look into this in more detail.

Consensus top 5 for 2015         vs   top 5 for 2014

Jahlil Okafor                           (C)      Joel Embiid

Karl Towns                            (PF)     Aaron Gordon

Stanley Johnson                     (SF)     Jabari Parker  

D’Angelo Russell                   (SG)     Andrew Wiggins

Emmanuel Mudiay                 (PG)     Dante Exum

In the Head to heads, I think Okafor wins out purely based on form at centre, Towns for potential.  Parker and Wiggins are better than Johnson and Russell (though Russell has been playing fantastically well).  Finally, Mudiay/Exum is a lot closer than people think.  Both guys haven’t played much, and what we have seen is mostly highlights of super quick PG.

I’m calling the top 5 a wash.

Moving to the depth of the draft.

2014 has guys like Smart, Payton, LaVine, Nurkic, McDaniels who are showing they are capable NBA players, and there are potential stars to come also including Randle and Saric.

2015 has Turner, Oubre, Looney, Hezonja, Lyles, Harrell, Cauley-Stein, Winslow, Kaminsky.  I’m not placing too much stock in anyone else as they seem to be either overly raw or too small/skinny to make a difference in the NBA.

In terms of potential talent, we shouldn’t be giving up on these 2014 guys as some are extremely talented and have already shown glimpses vs NBA players.

nick5354
    Participant

Who on earth said the 2014 class was a dud? First time I am hearing this.

nick5354
    Participant

Who on earth said the 2014 class was a dud? First time I am hearing this.

For_Never_Ever
    Participant

You are the only person I’ve heard saying something about the class of 2014 being a dud. 

For_Never_Ever
    Participant

You are the only person I’ve heard saying something about the class of 2014 being a dud. 

Jayhawks2011
    Participant

The only reason this draft could be seen as a let down is because of the amount of injuries.  However, a lot of the guys aren’t even getting that much run.  It takes two or three years now to develop most rookies.  In a few years this draft will look much improved.  However it does have to do a lot with the health of Parker/Embiid/Gordon going forward.  

Jayhawks2011
    Participant

The only reason this draft could be seen as a let down is because of the amount of injuries.  However, a lot of the guys aren’t even getting that much run.  It takes two or three years now to develop most rookies.  In a few years this draft will look much improved.  However it does have to do a lot with the health of Parker/Embiid/Gordon going forward.  

properbreaks
    Participant

He isn’t making it up. I’ve seen a few posters saying 2015 is better than 2014. But it’s no way. Sometimes people just want to start a debate just to do it. But it’s no way….. 2014 is SO MUCH better than 2015…..

properbreaks
    Participant

He isn’t making it up. I’ve seen a few posters saying 2015 is better than 2014. But it’s no way. Sometimes people just want to start a debate just to do it. But it’s no way….. 2014 is SO MUCH better than 2015…..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login