This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TeslaBaller 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    MettaWorldDurant1
    Participant

Refraft of the top 5 from 2014 based on long term development, team need and where the team is now:

CleavelandJoel Embiid – The Obvious …Inside-out , super skilled, stong 7 footer Generational talent at full health

Milwaukee Andrew Wiggins – Next best talent possible 5-10x Allstar Uber Athletic Wing Player with improved defense a lock for top 5 player

PhillyJabari Parker -Embiids gone.. snatched up, they need a face the clear choice is Jabari Parker A Mis match night mare Ideal small ball 4 skillset and frame.. could go as far as Wiggins potentially as a scorer not defensively capability wise

OrlandoMarcus Smart – I hate all of the draft picks they have made they never draft based on making a team that could have chemistry based on their skill sets its dissapointing. Anyways Marcus Smart couldve been given the keys here and not looked back. 3pt is sorely needed now in Orlando as well-shouts out my boy FOURNEY BUCKETS

UtawhDante Exum – Silky Smooth gaurd who needs more range in todays leaguebut he isntlost in that regard like Elfrid Payton.. when he figures it out he could man the Pg spot at a top 10 level for years.

thoughts Rates? Hataz?

wonzi_bells
    Participant

One YouTube clip from Derek Bodner and he’s suddenly the best on a longterm development list?

wonzi_bells
    Participant

One YouTube clip from Derek Bodner and he’s suddenly the best on a longterm development list?

MettaWorldDurant1
      Participant

only doubts about Embiid are concerning health..he appears to be on track and healthy (gained 20 lbs good muscle) other than that explain why he isn’t the best prospect in this draft long term? 

MettaWorldDurant1
      Participant

only doubts about Embiid are concerning health..he appears to be on track and healthy (gained 20 lbs good muscle) other than that explain why he isn’t the best prospect in this draft long term? 

wonzi_bells
        Participant

You can’t just side track with saying "other than that." His health is where the conversation starts and ends and if you’re making a re-draft list, that’s just a major risk factor to say he’s the top guy.

wonzi_bells
        Participant

You can’t just side track with saying "other than that." His health is where the conversation starts and ends and if you’re making a re-draft list, that’s just a major risk factor to say he’s the top guy.

TravelinTrav
    Participant

I couldn’t take Embiid #1, not just because he’s never  played a pro game but he seems like a weird personality. I remember him tweeting random made up stuff just to get attention. Just seems weird to me. I hope he does turn into the next great big. I grew up watching Hakeem the dream and Embiid looks more like the dream then any other prospect I’ve ever seen. 1st he will have to play a game then a full season then 15-20 full seasons. Hope he’s not the next Oden. 

Anyways I would take Wiggins #1 

TravelinTrav
    Participant

I couldn’t take Embiid #1, not just because he’s never  played a pro game but he seems like a weird personality. I remember him tweeting random made up stuff just to get attention. Just seems weird to me. I hope he does turn into the next great big. I grew up watching Hakeem the dream and Embiid looks more like the dream then any other prospect I’ve ever seen. 1st he will have to play a game then a full season then 15-20 full seasons. Hope he’s not the next Oden. 

Anyways I would take Wiggins #1 

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Honestly i think the first 4 picks would stay the same Wiggins and Jabari still the best and safest top 2 picks. Then Embiids and Gordons upside are just too high to pass on at 3 n 4.

The change would come at 5 as Lavine is clearly proven to be a top 5 talent and would be in the discussion at 3

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Honestly i think the first 4 picks would stay the same Wiggins and Jabari still the best and safest top 2 picks. Then Embiids and Gordons upside are just too high to pass on at 3 n 4.

The change would come at 5 as Lavine is clearly proven to be a top 5 talent and would be in the discussion at 3

Hype Machine

Hell naah Exums a 6’6" Lockdown, playmaking PG.

Rare

Hype Machine

Hell naah Exums a 6’6" Lockdown, playmaking PG.

Rare

he_gets_buckets
        Participant

Except he hasn’t locked anyone down or shown he can even run a pick n roll yet

he_gets_buckets
        Participant

Except he hasn’t locked anyone down or shown he can even run a pick n roll yet

Mr. 19134
        Participant

Lavines athleticism and shooting combi is way more rare plus hes youngwr and has shown to be a better playmaker

Mr. 19134
        Participant

Lavines athleticism and shooting combi is way more rare plus hes youngwr and has shown to be a better playmaker

llperez

People still sleeping on Jordan clarkson is crazy. I’d take him over exum, smart, lavine. I’d even consider him over Parker and embid. He’s second in all second year players at 15.7 ppg. He’s getting better and better from three point range over 36% right now and shooting over 40% last 6 weeks. He’s a great defender and gets to the rim. Only 1.7 turnovers per game. He’s been the lakers best and most consistent player all season. He just finished a stretch of scoring double digits in 31 of 32 games.

llperez

People still sleeping on Jordan clarkson is crazy. I’d take him over exum, smart, lavine. I’d even consider him over Parker and embid. He’s second in all second year players at 15.7 ppg. He’s getting better and better from three point range over 36% right now and shooting over 40% last 6 weeks. He’s a great defender and gets to the rim. Only 1.7 turnovers per game. He’s been the lakers best and most consistent player all season. He just finished a stretch of scoring double digits in 31 of 32 games.

Magic Jordan
      Participant

Clarkson most certainly is not a great defender, he’s actually quite a poor defender which makes no sense because he has the tools to be elite.  But I would still take him right now over Smart and Lavine, jury is still out on Exum.  Exum has the highest upside of the 3 assuming his injury doesn’t wreck him D Rose style.

Magic Jordan
      Participant

Clarkson most certainly is not a great defender, he’s actually quite a poor defender which makes no sense because he has the tools to be elite.  But I would still take him right now over Smart and Lavine, jury is still out on Exum.  Exum has the highest upside of the 3 assuming his injury doesn’t wreck him D Rose style.

Kingslayer
    Participant

Aaron Gordon & Nikola Jokic would be in the top 5 

Kingslayer
    Participant

Aaron Gordon & Nikola Jokic would be in the top 5 

Magic Jordan
    Participant

Embiid wouldn’t even sniff my top 5.  If I missed out on the greatest center ever because I couldn’t look past 2 years of no basketball, shitty work ethic and an infamous diet then so be it.

I don’t really care if a player wins a dunk contest so that would probably rule Gordon and Lavine out of my top 5 as well.

Smart is Tony Allen 2.0, if Tony Allen took terrible shots and turned the ball over alot.

My top 5 would be somewhere along the lines of Wiggins, Parker, Jokic, Randle, Clarkson, Exum and Rodney Hood.  Can’t believe nobody has mentioned Hood.  That’s obviously more than 5, but 5 of those in some kind of order.

Magic Jordan
    Participant

Embiid wouldn’t even sniff my top 5.  If I missed out on the greatest center ever because I couldn’t look past 2 years of no basketball, shitty work ethic and an infamous diet then so be it.

I don’t really care if a player wins a dunk contest so that would probably rule Gordon and Lavine out of my top 5 as well.

Smart is Tony Allen 2.0, if Tony Allen took terrible shots and turned the ball over alot.

My top 5 would be somewhere along the lines of Wiggins, Parker, Jokic, Randle, Clarkson, Exum and Rodney Hood.  Can’t believe nobody has mentioned Hood.  That’s obviously more than 5, but 5 of those in some kind of order.

nath09
    Participant

Until Embiid hits the court I would not even think about drafting him over Randle let alone Parker and Wiggins.

nath09
    Participant

Until Embiid hits the court I would not even think about drafting him over Randle let alone Parker and Wiggins.

TeslaBaller
    Participant

Years from now people will be saying what a disappointing draft class overall but specifically: 

Wiggins was the best player in a weak draft class. 

Parker and Randle never reached their potential. 

Embiid was worth the wait but wish he stayed healthy longer.

Exum, how and why was he so highly touted.

Jokic and Saric were 2 really good European players. 

Smart, Clarkson and Hood all worked their asses off to have long NBA career. 

Gordon and Lavine never turned that crazy athleticism into being great instead of just really good but they had best rivalry in Dunk Contest history. 

TeslaBaller
    Participant

Years from now people will be saying what a disappointing draft class overall but specifically: 

Wiggins was the best player in a weak draft class. 

Parker and Randle never reached their potential. 

Embiid was worth the wait but wish he stayed healthy longer.

Exum, how and why was he so highly touted.

Jokic and Saric were 2 really good European players. 

Smart, Clarkson and Hood all worked their asses off to have long NBA career. 

Gordon and Lavine never turned that crazy athleticism into being great instead of just really good but they had best rivalry in Dunk Contest history. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login