This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar hiphopismylife 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    McDunkin

http://www.flagrantfouls.com/2010/12/video-andrew-wiggins-vaughan-s-s-classic/

With one decision, the landscape of high school basketball in Ontario changed.  When 2014 sensation Andrew Wiggins decided to remain at home and play for Vaughan, the 2011 OFSAA Championship had a new contender.  Not just any contender, but one that would be fielding the best player on the floor night in and night out.  Since that time, Hooptown GTA’s #1 ranked team has captured three tournament championships while navigating though their schedule unbeaten.  Check out highlights of Andrew from Vaughan’s most recent championship.  

(Crosses a kid nasty at 1:08)

yellowdunker
    Participant

dont look like nothing I havent seen b4….highlights can make anyone look like a star need more!

xavier328
    Participant

He has an ugly looking shot and its way to low….need to see more..

delfam
    Participant

that shot did look pretty bad. Every top recruit has athleticism like that, it’s the intangibles and if they can play defense that makes the difference. Highlights don’t really tell the whole story.

McDunkin

I wasnt hyping him up as the next KD or anything just an update on how he was doing in Canada since he didnt move to Word of God in NC like i heard he would. OhCanada and Aran know more about him then i do.

Arans take on him

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010-high-school-rankings

Canada’s Andrew Wiggins is head and shoulders above the pack in the freshman class. He’s already further along than Michael Gilchrist was at the same age. Wiggins is a stand out playing against players 2-3 years older than him and shows tremendous upside. 15 years of age is very early to make definitive statements about players as there are many variables at play and some kids peak at different times, but this kid is already very good and has a chance to be special

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/basketball/an-athletic-prodigy/article1825037/ He may not be a complete package yet, but what he is up to this point is incredibly impressive. Sure, highlights can make anyone seem special, but this kid has actually played with people 3-4 years older than him and more than held his own. Plus, his dad was a great player for the Rockets and his mom was an Olympic track athlete. He certainly has genetics on his side, and I know this is only Ontario, but he is killing it for Vaughan, which is the #1 team here. He was recently the MVP of a few tournaments. He was playing in the States before and will likely go to a prep school next year, but this summer playing for Canada’s U-17 team he not only got minutes, but he put up numbers, including 20 against Team USA. I know there have been many like him before, but he has a chance to be a very special prospect and has definitely played up to that standard thus far. He still needs to work on his shot and many other aspects of his game, but he more than likely has a very bright future.

hiphopismylife
    Participant

There is a chance he might be special because he appears to be the rare player to be the top freshman in his class and show drastic improvement as he goes along. A lot of times the top freshman just phsically developed faster than everyone else and, for the most part, doesn’t grow much or get more explosive over the next four years. From what I saw of Wiggins a while back he appears to be much more fluid and explosive in this footage. I just wonder how much his game is improving.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login