2014 nba draft lal

LET YOUR GIRL P...
LET YOUR GIRL POST ME UP's picture
2014 nba draft lal

Say lakers miss playoffs, knowing the nba rigs the lottery what if they end up with say the 3rd-5th pick who would theytarget

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
BPA all the way for LA. They

BPA all the way for LA. They have no young corner pieces, so they have the luxury of picking the best player left.Smart or Randle would be great in LA.

AwardedBaller
AwardedBaller's picture
..... I'll answer the

..... I'll answer the question but enough with this "rigged lottery" bogus.

Kobe is nearing the end of his career, sad to say. Depending on if Kobe says he wants one more legit run at a championship (Assuming Blake and Nash are still under contract) I believe the Lakers would try to get Kobe a big man. Jojo Embiiid, Willie Cauley-Stein, or Julius Randle (assuming he hasn't been selected yet) One more prospect they couldn't go wrong with is Aaron Gordon, who seems slightly undersized as a tweener but we'll see what happens with him.

In the event (Heaven forbid) Kobe gets injured again..... I feel like they would still be in best hands selecting another big, same bigs I listed previously. After selection of a big, try to go get one of the prized free agent wings (Melo, Bron, Wade, Gay, Barnes)

Every scenario possible is all based on Kobe's movements and actions so lets just wait a year and see what happens.

ColdCuts
ColdCuts's picture
This year Lakers will miss

This year Lakers will miss the playoffs no one knows when Kobe will be back, Nash is to old, Pau is to soft and the others are ok roll players so yes they do miss the playoffs, and if they got the 3-5 spot the would target Smart, Randle, Selden, and or Andrew Harrison and i dont see them picking up a center in the draft they need another play maker

Moon River
Moon River's picture
As a Laker Fan

Why am I excited about the prospect of them missing the playoffs?

theprophet
assuming they get a 3-5 pick,

assuming they get a 3-5 pick, we are speculatin way way early about who they would target because the ncaa hasn't even started yet. what if this highly reguarded lineup of kentucky ends up being as disappointing as last year's squad? i mean i doubt it, but then i wouldn't have guessed they would be as bad as they were last season either. if you click on my mock draft, i have a much different top ten than some others for example, and that's subject to change of course when the season starts. i'm assuming wiggins is going first, but even that's not a guarantee. i would cross my fingers that julius randle would fall in my lap if i'm the lakers. he probably has the most upside of the other prospects probably outside of wiggins. we really just don't know. just for the record though, i'm not completely sold on seldon and harrison being great cornerstones for a franchise like top 5 picks. that's just me. oh yeah, and the lakers just might still make the playoffs. if kobe comes back early with vengeance, he may just lead them to a playoff spot for better or worse. you can't count that possibility out. this would be the year to get a high draft pick, but that's not kobe's plan.

LET YOUR GIRL P...
LET YOUR GIRL POST ME UP's picture
u

You complain that its to early to comment but you still do. So sad.

theprophet
it was a fact not a

it was a fact not a complaint, which i even elaborated on. then i gave my way early expectations just like you asked. if you don't want to hear it, then &$#%#&@! off and don't ask in the first place!

ColdCuts
ColdCuts's picture
I really like Julius Randle

I really like Julius Randle and i think he would be a good fit with the Lakers they could use a 3/4 man who can shoot and put the ball on the floor, but they also need a PG and if they dont get Smart why not take Harrison

RSS: Syndicate content