This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JoeWolf1 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

I want to try something different by stepping away from the norm. I chose what I believe are the Top 6 prospects heading into the draft. Please factor in rival players on teams that are not within the prospects draft range so that your rival will be considered possible.

Which established guy in the league do you potentially see becoming a rival for each prospect. 1 rival will be clutch but if you happen to have 1 additional I’ll take it. If you happen to add another please use "or" because technically it should be 1 rival.

1. Joel Embiid – Al Jefferson or Joakim Noah
    2. Jabari Parker – Joe Johnson
    3. Andrew Wiggins – DeMar DeRozan
    4. Julius Randle – Terrence Jones or Blake Griffin
    5. Dante Exum – Jrue Holiday
    6. Marcus Smart – Damian Lillard

Show me what you got!

Ihateusernames
    Participant

Why would Jabari rival with joe Johnson’s old ass?

Ihateusernames
    Participant

Why would Jabari rival with joe Johnson’s old ass?

Lotto Stud
      Participant

Battle that 1 would not forget if they matchup that’s for sure!

Lotto Stud
      Participant

Battle that 1 would not forget if they matchup that’s for sure!

bigheavy
    Participant

Just some that I would love to see, that I think would be pretty interesting….

1. Andrew Wiggins – Paul George
    2. Marcus Smart – Victor Oladipo
    3. Julius Randle – Damarcus Cousins
    4. Tyler Ennis – Kyrie Irving
    5. DeAndre Daniels – Kevin Durant

bigheavy
    Participant

Just some that I would love to see, that I think would be pretty interesting….

1. Andrew Wiggins – Paul George
    2. Marcus Smart – Victor Oladipo
    3. Julius Randle – Damarcus Cousins
    4. Tyler Ennis – Kyrie Irving
    5. DeAndre Daniels – Kevin Durant

OhCanada-
    Participant

The Atlantic division two teams currently in the Top 5 Philly and Boston so I hope one of those teams or both can land Embiid and Wiggins to create rivalries with Derozan and Valanciunas.

OhCanada-
    Participant

The Atlantic division two teams currently in the Top 5 Philly and Boston so I hope one of those teams or both can land Embiid and Wiggins to create rivalries with Derozan and Valanciunas.

B-ball fan
    Participant

Seeing Julius Randle face-off against Blake Griffin should be fun.  Both are really physical and aggressive.  And seeing Randle take on AD would be fun for the clash of styles, although I suspect AD would get the upper hand. 

Of course, Jabari Parker versus Melo should be really fun, as well as Andrew Wiggins versus PG24.  Seeing how both Parker and Wiggins stack up against the league’s top wings will be fun.

B-ball fan
    Participant

Seeing Julius Randle face-off against Blake Griffin should be fun.  Both are really physical and aggressive.  And seeing Randle take on AD would be fun for the clash of styles, although I suspect AD would get the upper hand. 

Of course, Jabari Parker versus Melo should be really fun, as well as Andrew Wiggins versus PG24.  Seeing how both Parker and Wiggins stack up against the league’s top wings will be fun.

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Wiggins vs George could be cool.
    Parker vs Harden for offensive superiority.
    McDermott vs Korver for battle of the Blue Jays.

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Wiggins vs George could be cool.
    Parker vs Harden for offensive superiority.
    McDermott vs Korver for battle of the Blue Jays.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

A lot of disagreements from the look of the scale but no one is brave enough to get feedback on their own opinions from this thread.

Post your own list so we can value your opinions instead of hiding behind the scale.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

A lot of disagreements from the look of the scale but no one is brave enough to get feedback on their own opinions from this thread.

Post your own list so we can value your opinions instead of hiding behind the scale.

cha
    Participant

I thought this was a thread about two players from this draft that would eventually be compared to one another and portrayed to be ‘rivals’. If so, I’ve got Wiggins and Parker being compared to one another for the rest of their careers unless of course one becomes so successful that the latter can’t keep up see LeBron and Carmelo ‘rivalry’. It’s always going to be a fun matchup but nine times out of ten, people would taken LeBron over Anthony. While Embiid will be compared to a young athletic center who’s got as much potential as he does- that’s Andre Drummond. Granted, he may not be in the same draft class but I see these two being compared to one another and eventually compete for DPOY year in and year out as well as vying for the title of the ‘best big man in the game today’. 

cha
    Participant

I thought this was a thread about two players from this draft that would eventually be compared to one another and portrayed to be ‘rivals’. If so, I’ve got Wiggins and Parker being compared to one another for the rest of their careers unless of course one becomes so successful that the latter can’t keep up see LeBron and Carmelo ‘rivalry’. It’s always going to be a fun matchup but nine times out of ten, people would taken LeBron over Anthony. While Embiid will be compared to a young athletic center who’s got as much potential as he does- that’s Andre Drummond. Granted, he may not be in the same draft class but I see these two being compared to one another and eventually compete for DPOY year in and year out as well as vying for the title of the ‘best big man in the game today’. 

Grandmama
    Participant

I’ll make a list of rivals.  But rookie vs rookie, or at least rookie vs very young player.  Not freaking Joe Johnson vs Parker.

Parker vs Wiggins……obvious one

Embiid vs Noel

Napier vs Kemba, teacher vs student

Randle vs Vonleh

Kyle Anderson vs MCW

Exum vs Smart

Grandmama
    Participant

I’ll make a list of rivals.  But rookie vs rookie, or at least rookie vs very young player.  Not freaking Joe Johnson vs Parker.

Parker vs Wiggins……obvious one

Embiid vs Noel

Napier vs Kemba, teacher vs student

Randle vs Vonleh

Kyle Anderson vs MCW

Exum vs Smart

JoeWolf1

Teams make rivalries. I think it’s gonna matter more where these guys go. I think it’d be great if Wiggins and Parker went to Boston and Philly. That’d be an immediate rivalry. 

JoeWolf1

Teams make rivalries. I think it’s gonna matter more where these guys go. I think it’d be great if Wiggins and Parker went to Boston and Philly. That’d be an immediate rivalry. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login