This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar gabriel_akva 8 years ago.

• Author
    r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I know there are a lot of “Captain Hindsight” posts on here but this one has some worth and is more than reasonable.

Most of us had Rodney Hood going just outside of the lottery. He dropped all the way to 22. Both guys play the 2/3 position.

The Raps could of easily have taken Hood over Caboclo, hell you could have even taken Caboclo as a second rounder.

What stings even more is that they just gave busT-Ross a $10 mill contract. With Rodney Hood on board, Ross would of been expendable or at least signed much, much cheaper….

Hitster
    Participant

I’d forgotten all about them drafting Bruno, he was obviously one for the future but has hardly ever featured for them in his time at the franchise.

Hitster
    Participant

I’d forgotten all about them drafting Bruno, he was obviously one for the future but has hardly ever featured for them in his time at the franchise.

Participant

I had never even heard Bruno Caboclo’s name before he was announced. It was such a significant reach. I guess they didn’t realize the second round is the time to reach on a prospect with potential.

Participant

I had never even heard Bruno Caboclo’s name before he was announced. It was such a significant reach. I guess they didn’t realize the second round is the time to reach on a prospect with potential.

gabriel_akva
    Participant

Bruno has been playing pretty well in Raptors 905 this year. I think he will be contributing to the Toronto squad in the 16/17 season.

Obviously Hood are more ready to contribute than Caboclo at the draft day. Masai Ujiri knew that. Caboclo was drafted for the future. We just need to wait  a few more time to discover if Caboclo will be a bust or a steal (as a brazilian, I expect he to be one of the steals of the draft huehuehue).

gabriel_akva
    Participant

Bruno has been playing pretty well in Raptors 905 this year. I think he will be contributing to the Toronto squad in the 16/17 season.

Obviously Hood are more ready to contribute than Caboclo at the draft day. Masai Ujiri knew that. Caboclo was drafted for the future. We just need to wait  a few more time to discover if Caboclo will be a bust or a steal (as a brazilian, I expect he to be one of the steals of the draft huehuehue).

iguapops420
    Participant

The Raptors took Bruno so high because they had already become enamoured by his size/skill/athleticism by age. He was also expected to be taken by The Spurs had he fallen to their pick which pushed them to not w t to miss out. IIRC, Fran Fraschela made a comment in the way of he’s 2yrs from being 2 years away, but the Spurs wanted him so the Raptors must expect great things.

iguapops420
    Participant

The Raptors took Bruno so high because they had already become enamoured by his size/skill/athleticism by age. He was also expected to be taken by The Spurs had he fallen to their pick which pushed them to not w t to miss out. IIRC, Fran Fraschela made a comment in the way of he’s 2yrs from being 2 years away, but the Spurs wanted him so the Raptors must expect great things.

OhCanada-
    Participant

This year is Bruno’s first real year being a rotation player on a men’s team. He hasn’t played much Basketball. He isn’t playing well per say yet he has shown alot of intrigue and improvement. His efficiency is terrible, he has not learned the difference between a good and bad shot, he is foul prone, turnover prone, and has bad court vision. Bruno’s natural feel for the game is not like Kevin Durant’s or Brandon Ingram’s but his shooting touch size and wingspan is which makes him so captivating.

OhCanada-
    Participant

This year is Bruno’s first real year being a rotation player on a men’s team. He hasn’t played much Basketball. He isn’t playing well per say yet he has shown alot of intrigue and improvement. His efficiency is terrible, he has not learned the difference between a good and bad shot, he is foul prone, turnover prone, and has bad court vision. Bruno’s natural feel for the game is not like Kevin Durant’s or Brandon Ingram’s but his shooting touch size and wingspan is which makes him so captivating.

Magic Jordan
    Participant

I think we are at the point in time now where Bruno is 2 years away.

Magic Jordan
    Participant

I think we are at the point in time now where Bruno is 2 years away.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I still don’t get why they passed on Bobby Portis last year who was clearly filled their biggest need and was BPA at that point. 

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I still don’t get why they passed on Bobby Portis last year who was clearly filled their biggest need and was BPA at that point. 

ZachAttack
    Participant

Hood dropped to 23…

ZachAttack
    Participant

Hood dropped to 23…

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant

Was Ujiri the GM when they drafted him?

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant

Was Ujiri the GM when they drafted him?