This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar CavFanPR 10 years ago.

• Author
    druneave3
    Participant

The overwhelming hype surrounding the top of the 2014 draft class may have fizzled out a bit throughout the year, but one thing is still certain. This draft is extremely deep! This has been said many times before but for the first time in quite a while today, I edited my mock draft. I am having a very difficult time slotting guys with first-round talent and getting them into the 1st round. I am also finding myself leaving a ton of guys out who could very well find a niche in the league and serve a long career. The depth will also be extremely benificial to teams who pick outside of the lottery and even the late first round. There seems to have have been several players like Ennis, Early,TJ Warren, LaVine, and Kyle Anderson who have all jumped into the lotto, potentially pushing really talented players to later than most people had earlier thought. As a Bulls fan, I am looking forward to having a few picks in 2014. 

To generate some discussion I will pose the following question to the forum members regarding this topic. Due to the abundance of talent, is there a player who you think might fall, slip out of the first, or even go undrafted that you are really high on, or that people are simply underrating? 

The easy one for me is Aaron Gordon (especially when looking at this site). Body, athleticism, work ethic, and unselfish all sound pretty good to me. Should be a Top 10 pick.

A player who haven’t seen on many mocks (including my current) and someone who I am high on is James Bell out of Villanova. I can see him being similar to Wes Matthews in someone who has the ability to do a bit of everything well with the ability to score. 

Meditated States
    Participant

Scores a lot vs good competition.  At 6ft4 he can play the 2 or the 1 in spot duty.

druneave3
      Participant

Wesley Saunders gave him the biz in the tourney, he might also be a guy who could play. 

druneave3
      Participant

Wesley Saunders gave him the biz in the tourney, he might also be a guy who could play. 

Meditated States
    Participant

Scores a lot vs good competition.  At 6ft4 he can play the 2 or the 1 in spot duty.

OhCanada-
    Participant

KJ McDaniels seems to be a guy in the middle of peoples draft boards due to lack of exposure and depth in the draft. He is a top 5 athlete in the draft with an explosive first step and good all around offensive skillset aside from consistant shooting from the perimeter although he has a good flat footed form that should translate.

His defensive potential is through the roof and at the very least he could provide a defendive effort similar to James Johnson. Although I see him as a huge sleeper, if Lavine gets attention for similar attributes Mcdaniels stock should go up pre draft.

I would actually love to see the Raptors draft him so he could learn from Derozan and Ross.

ahuang16
      Participant

I am not sure the Raptors need to draft another athletic wing, but I completely sold on McDaniels being at least a solid role player for any team.

ahuang16
      Participant

I am not sure the Raptors need to draft another athletic wing, but I completely sold on McDaniels being at least a solid role player for any team.

OhCanada-
    Participant

KJ McDaniels seems to be a guy in the middle of peoples draft boards due to lack of exposure and depth in the draft. He is a top 5 athlete in the draft with an explosive first step and good all around offensive skillset aside from consistant shooting from the perimeter although he has a good flat footed form that should translate.

His defensive potential is through the roof and at the very least he could provide a defendive effort similar to James Johnson. Although I see him as a huge sleeper, if Lavine gets attention for similar attributes Mcdaniels stock should go up pre draft.

I would actually love to see the Raptors draft him so he could learn from Derozan and Ross.

Prime Time
    Participant

Scottie Wilbekin, Patric Young, Shawn Long, Jarnell Stokes, and Jordan McRae are a few players that I feel will carve out a spot in the league.

Prime Time
    Participant

Scottie Wilbekin, Patric Young, Shawn Long, Jarnell Stokes, and Jordan McRae are a few players that I feel will carve out a spot in the league.

CavFanPR
    Participant

The SF position in this years draft will be the deepest in a long, long time.

CavFanPR
    Participant

The SF position in this years draft will be the deepest in a long, long time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login