This topic contains 42 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Lotto Stud 9 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

soph·o·more

1. A second-year student in a U.S. college.

2. "Wise Fool" being the master of deception.*

———————————————————

This will be the first edition of the "Wise  Fool" thread. I will try my best to construct this thread on a yearly basis around the sophomore prospects because they always get overlooked, due to incoming freshmen prospects especially the one-and-done guys.

There will be 2 categories for the "Wise Fool" thread that should make this very interesting. 

You can only list 3 Sophomore prospects. 1 for each category.

• Name 1 sophomore prospect who will become wise enough to fool us of his play this season to soar on scout radars/Mock Draft boards. 
    • Name 1 sophomore prospect who had a pretty decent freshmen campaign but may decline in play throughout the season.
    • Name 1 sophomore prospect who was highly ranked as an incoming freshmen that will fade away soon.

Lotto Stud
    Participant
    • Name 1 sophomore prospect who will become wise enough to fool us of his play this season to soar on scout radars/Mock Draft boards. – Isaiah Taylor PG Texas
    • Name 1 sophomore prospect who had a pretty decent freshmen campaign but may decline in play throughout the season. – Troy Williams SF Indiana
    • Name 1 sophomore prospect who was highly ranked as an incoming freshmen that will fade away soon. – Matt Jones SG Duke
    Lotto Stud
    Participant
    • Name 1 sophomore prospect who will become wise enough to fool us of his play this season to soar on scout radars/Mock Draft boards. – Isaiah Taylor PG Texas
    • Name 1 sophomore prospect who had a pretty decent freshmen campaign but may decline in play throughout the season. – Troy Williams SF Indiana
    • Name 1 sophomore prospect who was highly ranked as an incoming freshmen that will fade away soon. – Matt Jones SG Duke
      Hacker90
      Participant

Isaiah Taylor is going to be great if he keeps on improving. I’m not sure if it will be next year or not, but I think by his Jr. year that he could end up being a lottery pick. HOOK ‘EM!

Hacker90
      Participant

Isaiah Taylor is going to be great if he keeps on improving. I’m not sure if it will be next year or not, but I think by his Jr. year that he could end up being a lottery pick. HOOK ‘EM!

Lotto Stud
      Participant
      1.  Isaiah Taylor PG Texas – Has way too many big games under his belt, to make me say he’s the most underrated player in his class. I still do not know how he flew under everyone’s radar the whole season, especially playing under Rick Barnes. 
      2. Troy Williams SF Indiana – Played well in spurts this past season to raise a few eyebrows as an on the radar guy for 2015, but throughout the year his play regressed.
      3. Matt Jones SG Duke – Where does he fit in? Rasheed Sulaimon has the starting 2-spot locked up and with incoming Fr. Grayson Allen showing flashes of Chase Budinger type of athletic abilty, it  has everyone campaigning to see him hit the floor immediately.
        imAboutDatAction
        Participant

"Grayson Allen showing flashes of Chase Budinger type of athletic abilty"

Com’on bro, you dont need to pull a white comparison for that lol. 

Lotto Stud
          Participant

I never mentioned color. So why make this thread go in a direction it doesn’t need to be in? FYI in previous comparisons that I’ve put out, I have compared players of opposite skin tones. 

Ending this talk now before it kills the purpose of a good thread.

imAboutDatAction
            Participant

You so realize you compared Allen’s athletic ability to another white player, right?

Allen has the athletcism of a black athlete. No reason to post that ridiclous comparison. 

MattP31
              Participant

I see Budinger as that same type of athlete. This isn’t a racial stereotype. They are both high quality athletes regardless of race

imAboutDatAction
                Participant

Only time Budinger’s athletcism gets compared to someone, theplayer is always white.

It is a stereotype.

But whatever, dont wanna hijack the thread.

I only have 1 prediction and thats for the first question :  

Bobby Portis.

imAboutDatAction
                Participant

Only time Budinger’s athletcism gets compared to someone, theplayer is always white.

It is a stereotype.

But whatever, dont wanna hijack the thread.

I only have 1 prediction and thats for the first question :  

Bobby Portis.

MattP31
              Participant

I see Budinger as that same type of athlete. This isn’t a racial stereotype. They are both high quality athletes regardless of race

Lotto Stud
              Participant
              • Name 1 sophomore prospect who will become wise enough to fool us of his play this season to soar on scout radars/Mock Draft boards. 
              • Name 1 sophomore prospect who had a pretty decent freshmen campaign but may decline in play throughout the season.
              • Name 1 sophomore prospect who was highly ranked as an incoming freshmen that will fade away soon.
              Lotto Stud
              Participant
            imAboutDatAction
            Participant

You so realize you compared Allen’s athletic ability to another white player, right?

Allen has the athletcism of a black athlete. No reason to post that ridiclous comparison. 

Lotto Stud
          Participant

I never mentioned color. So why make this thread go in a direction it doesn’t need to be in? FYI in previous comparisons that I’ve put out, I have compared players of opposite skin tones. 

Ending this talk now before it kills the purpose of a good thread.

imAboutDatAction
        Participant

"Grayson Allen showing flashes of Chase Budinger type of athletic abilty"

Com’on bro, you dont need to pull a white comparison for that lol. 

Lotto Stud
      Participant
      1.  Isaiah Taylor PG Texas – Has way too many big games under his belt, to make me say he’s the most underrated player in his class. I still do not know how he flew under everyone’s radar the whole season, especially playing under Rick Barnes. 
      2. Troy Williams SF Indiana – Played well in spurts this past season to raise a few eyebrows as an on the radar guy for 2015, but throughout the year his play regressed.
      3. Matt Jones SG Duke – Where does he fit in? Rasheed Sulaimon has the starting 2-spot locked up and with incoming Fr. Grayson Allen showing flashes of Chase Budinger type of athletic abilty, it  has everyone campaigning to see him hit the floor immediately.
    providencefriars1
    Participant

1. Bobby Portis PF Arkansas
    2. Kasey Hill PG Florida
    3. Keith Frazier SG SMU

providencefriars1
    Participant

1. Bobby Portis PF Arkansas
    2. Kasey Hill PG Florida
    3. Keith Frazier SG SMU

Lotto Stud
      Participant

If Frazier wasn’t a Mickey Ds guy, would he still be on your list at #3?

providencefriars1
        Participant

No, but he was ranked in the top 20 until the last set of rankings and is nothing more than a chucker

Lotto Stud
          Participant

With the hype of the upcoming SMU season along with incoming Fr. Emmanuel Mudiay, Frazier could fare well off those assist if he knocks down the clean looks. I will be locked in all season long on those two, to see how well they play off one another.

Lotto Stud
          Participant

With the hype of the upcoming SMU season along with incoming Fr. Emmanuel Mudiay, Frazier could fare well off those assist if he knocks down the clean looks. I will be locked in all season long on those two, to see how well they play off one another.

providencefriars1
        Participant

No, but he was ranked in the top 20 until the last set of rankings and is nothing more than a chucker

Lotto Stud
      Participant

If Frazier wasn’t a Mickey Ds guy, would he still be on your list at #3?

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Something new to ingest, instead of always raving over the incoming freshmen class. You could potentially put us on to a huge sleeper.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Something new to ingest, instead of always raving over the incoming freshmen class. You could potentially put us on to a huge sleeper.

cjw
    Participant

1- chris walker

2- aaron harrison

3- rondae hollis jefferson

Lotto Stud
      Participant

Walker would have been my choice, but I wanted to stray away from the "expected" because I already praise him enough.

Interesting you choose Aaron to slack off a bit. May be very likely but I doubt it because he will more than likely take on Young’s role as the agressor from the perimeter.

RHJ what do you not see in him for him to fade? Not saying you have a bad choice, but most signs point to him being that Swiss Army type of guy.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

Walker would have been my choice, but I wanted to stray away from the "expected" because I already praise him enough.

Interesting you choose Aaron to slack off a bit. May be very likely but I doubt it because he will more than likely take on Young’s role as the agressor from the perimeter.

RHJ what do you not see in him for him to fade? Not saying you have a bad choice, but most signs point to him being that Swiss Army type of guy.

cjw
    Participant

1- chris walker

2- aaron harrison

3- rondae hollis jefferson

JoeWolf1

1. Marcus Lee – I think his length and mobility will lead to a very high draft selection. He may fool a few people into thinking he will be more than a dunker and garbage man at the next level, but in reality I think he won’t be much more than a good defender and oop target on offense.

2. Wayne Selden – Wayne is a well balanced shooting guard, but he’s currently 6th on .net’s draft board. I could see him falling to the late lottery or mid-1st if he doesn’t emerge with a sure fire calling card ( I think his best bet is shooting). Well rounded is fine, but sure fire, elite level, translatable skills get teams to take you in the top 8 or 10.

3. Kasey Hill – I think he’ll be a pretty good college player when all is said and done, but he’s undersized for a pro, a poor shooter, and has already dealt with injuries. He was the 10th ranked player in this class, and I doubt he’ll be an NBA player.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

Lee created buzz like crazy during March Madness that’s for sure.

I really would hate for Selden to have a disappointing season this year. If he does not put it together I will have to look into him as becoming the LeBryan Nash of his class. All the physical tools in the world to be successful but does not dominate like he should.

Hill’s already old for his class and what kind of make matters worst, is that he did not make anything happen on the floor when given the opportunity to shine. Should be interesting to see what his assist numbers look like with Walker playing above the rim this season.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

Lee created buzz like crazy during March Madness that’s for sure.

I really would hate for Selden to have a disappointing season this year. If he does not put it together I will have to look into him as becoming the LeBryan Nash of his class. All the physical tools in the world to be successful but does not dominate like he should.

Hill’s already old for his class and what kind of make matters worst, is that he did not make anything happen on the floor when given the opportunity to shine. Should be interesting to see what his assist numbers look like with Walker playing above the rim this season.

JoeWolf1

1. Marcus Lee – I think his length and mobility will lead to a very high draft selection. He may fool a few people into thinking he will be more than a dunker and garbage man at the next level, but in reality I think he won’t be much more than a good defender and oop target on offense.

2. Wayne Selden – Wayne is a well balanced shooting guard, but he’s currently 6th on .net’s draft board. I could see him falling to the late lottery or mid-1st if he doesn’t emerge with a sure fire calling card ( I think his best bet is shooting). Well rounded is fine, but sure fire, elite level, translatable skills get teams to take you in the top 8 or 10.

3. Kasey Hill – I think he’ll be a pretty good college player when all is said and done, but he’s undersized for a pro, a poor shooter, and has already dealt with injuries. He was the 10th ranked player in this class, and I doubt he’ll be an NBA player.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Watchout for Nick King of Memphis and Amida Brimah of U Conn…

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Watchout for Nick King of Memphis and Amida Brimah of U Conn…

MattP31
    Participant

1.Chris Walker, Florida. Way too good to be held back again with time in the program now 

2.London Perrantes of Virginia. Just not sold on him after watching him. I think he will struggle with being asked to do more now that Harris is gone

3.Matt Jones of Duke. Just no where to play him there

MattP31
    Participant

1.Chris Walker, Florida. Way too good to be held back again with time in the program now 

2.London Perrantes of Virginia. Just not sold on him after watching him. I think he will struggle with being asked to do more now that Harris is gone

3.Matt Jones of Duke. Just no where to play him there

Lotto Stud
    Participant

October Bump!

Lotto Stud
    Participant

October Bump!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login