This topic contains 46 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Chrispy 10 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

Average 20 Points –
    Average 10 Rebounds –
    Average 10 Assist –
    Unfairly get bench splinters –
    Lead the league in turnovers –
    Lead the league in blocks –
    Rookie Of The Year –
    Hurt himself running laps –
    Fade in obscurity –

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Average 20 Points – CJ McCollom
    Average 10 Rebounds – Anthony Bennett
    Average 10 Assist – Michael Carter-Williams
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Mason Plumlee
    Lead the league in turnovers – Michael Carter-Williams
    Lead the league in blocks – Steven Adams
    Rookie Of The Year – Victor Oladipo
    Hurt himself running laps – Nerlens Noel
    Fade in obscurity – Shabazz Muhammad

Phogify
      Participant

A couple things, no way CJ McCollum is the favorite to average 20 PPG coming off the bench on a team with 2 All-Star calibre guys already. I don’t see Bennett coming close to 10 RPG but then again there might not be anyone much better.

B-ball fan
        Participant

These predictions are almost certainly not meant for these players’ rookie seasons. The chance that any player from the 2013 draft class averages 20+ points as a rookie, 10+ assists as a rookie, leads the league in blocks as a rookie or fulfills any other of the categories as a rookie is slim to none.

B-ball fan
        Participant

These predictions are almost certainly not meant for these players’ rookie seasons. The chance that any player from the 2013 draft class averages 20+ points as a rookie, 10+ assists as a rookie, leads the league in blocks as a rookie or fulfills any other of the categories as a rookie is slim to none.

Phogify
      Participant

A couple things, no way CJ McCollum is the favorite to average 20 PPG coming off the bench on a team with 2 All-Star calibre guys already. I don’t see Bennett coming close to 10 RPG but then again there might not be anyone much better.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Average 20 Points – CJ McCollom
    Average 10 Rebounds – Anthony Bennett
    Average 10 Assist – Michael Carter-Williams
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Mason Plumlee
    Lead the league in blocks – Steven Adams
    Rookie Of The Year – Victor Oladipo

Jayhawks2011
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Ben Mclemore, only when the kings start to get rid of all those chuckers though.
    Average 10 Rebounds – Len, expect them to trade Gortat and he will really be only big guy left there.
    Average 10 Assist – MCW, could do it this year, but also would probably average 8 tournovers. His usage is gonna be crazy
    Lead the league in turnovers – MCW
    Lead the league in blocks – Noel if knee recovers well
    Rookie Of The Year – Olidipo
    Hurt himself running laps – Bennett
    Fade in obscurity – KCP

Jayhawks2011
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Ben Mclemore, only when the kings start to get rid of all those chuckers though.
    Average 10 Rebounds – Len, expect them to trade Gortat and he will really be only big guy left there.
    Average 10 Assist – MCW, could do it this year, but also would probably average 8 tournovers. His usage is gonna be crazy
    Lead the league in blocks – Noel if knee recovers well
    Rookie Of The Year – Olidipo
    Hurt himself running laps – Bennett
    Fade in obscurity – KCP

NastyDHL
    Participant

Average 20 Points – McLemore
    Average 10 Rebounds – Alex Len
    Average 10 Assist – MCW
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Steven Adams
    Lead the league in blocks – Nerlens Noel
    Rookie Of The Year – Oladipo
    Hurt himself running laps – Ryan Kelly
    Fade in obscurity – Rudy Gobert

NastyDHL
    Participant

Average 20 Points – McLemore
    Average 10 Assist – MCW
    Hurt himself running laps – Ryan Kelly

B-ball fan
    Participant

Average 20 points: I think it is Anthony Bennett. Averaging 20 ppg is harder than ever nowadays, so I wouldn’t bet on it for any rookie.

Average 10 rebounds: Nerlens Noel – Probably the best rebounder in the draft and he should get minutes. Len isn’t that good of a rebounder and he will lose minutes when the Suns realize they overdrafted.

Average 10 assists: MCW – I am not huge on him, but he will get minutes and stats. Dennis Schroeder is a close second.

Unfairly get bench splinters: Gorgui Dieng – Underrated, but stuck behind Pekovic and Love.

Lead league in TOs: MCW – Simply a bad ballhandler for a pg

Lead League in blocks: Nerlens Noel – Kinda obvious

ROY: Oladipo

Hurt himself running laps: Ryan Kelly

Fade into obscurity: KCP – Not that special as a player, people will forget the hype in a few years

B-ball fan
    Participant

Average 20 points: I think it is Anthony Bennett. Averaging 20 ppg is harder than ever nowadays, so I wouldn’t bet on it for any rookie.

Average 10 rebounds: Nerlens Noel – Probably the best rebounder in the draft and he should get minutes. Len isn’t that good of a rebounder and he will lose minutes when the Suns realize they overdrafted.

Average 10 assists: MCW – I am not huge on him, but he will get minutes and stats. Dennis Schroeder is a close second.

Unfairly get bench splinters: Gorgui Dieng – Underrated, but stuck behind Pekovic and Love.

Lead league in TOs: MCW – Simply a bad ballhandler for a pg

Lead League in blocks: Nerlens Noel – Kinda obvious

ROY: Oladipo

Hurt himself running laps: Ryan Kelly

Fade into obscurity: KCP – Not that special as a player, people will forget the hype in a few years

theprophet
    Participant

average 20 points – anthony bennett (likely none)
    average 10 rebounds – gorgui dieng (likely none)
    average 10 assists – dennis schroeder (likely none)
    unfairly get bench splinters – alex len
    lead the league in turnovers – michael carter-williams (most likely on this list)
    lead the league in blocks – rudy gobert (likely none)
    rookie of the year – ben mclemore
    hurt himself running laps – nerlens noel
    fade in obscurity – reggie bullock

theprophet
    Participant

average 20 points – anthony bennett (likely none)
    average 10 rebounds – gorgui dieng (likely none)
    average 10 assists – dennis schroeder (likely none)
    unfairly get bench splinters – alex len
    lead the league in turnovers – michael carter-williams (most likely on this list)
    lead the league in blocks – rudy gobert (likely none)
    rookie of the year – ben mclemore
    hurt himself running laps – nerlens noel
    fade in obscurity – reggie bullock

imblue87
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Ben McLemore
    Average 10 Rebounds – Nerlens Noel
    Average 10 Assist – Trey Burke
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Anthony Bennett
    Lead the league in turnovers – Michael Carter Williams
    Rookie Of The Year – Trey Burke

imblue87
    Participant

Average 10 Rebounds – Nerlens Noel

qDizzle32
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Ben McLemore (I would say McCollum if he ended up on a different team)
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Tony Snell (Bulls are just already loaded with Deng, Butler and Dunleavy with the possibility of Rose and Hinrich playing together. Snell will have a great career later on in his career)
    Lead the league in blocks – Nerlens Noel (If he can fully recover during the season)
    Rookie Of The Year – Tough one… It will be between Victor Oladipo, Ben McLemore, Anthony Bennett and go ahead and call me a homer but don’t sleep on Kelly Olynyk.
    Hurt himself running laps – Anthony Bennett

qDizzle32
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Ben McLemore (I would say McCollum if he ended up on a different team)
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Tony Snell (Bulls are just already loaded with Deng, Butler and Dunleavy with the possibility of Rose and Hinrich playing together. Snell will have a great career later on in his career)
    Lead the league in blocks – Nerlens Noel (If he can fully recover during the season)
    Rookie Of The Year – Tough one… It will be between Victor Oladipo, Ben McLemore, Anthony Bennett and go ahead and call me a homer but don’t sleep on Kelly Olynyk.
    Hurt himself running laps – Anthony Bennett

WITNESS2014
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Ben Mclemore
    Average 10 Assist – Michael Carter Williams
    Lead the league in blocks – Noel
    Hurt himself running laps – Noel???
    Fade in obscurity – Shabazz

WITNESS2014
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Ben Mclemore
    Average 10 Assist – Michael Carter Williams
    Hurt himself running laps – Noel???
    Fade in obscurity – Shabazz

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

What up with Anthony Bennett ? Before the draft most of us had him as a tweener who would be drafted 7-9th. He gets selected no1 and now a few users think he will be able to produce.

If he ever averages 20ppg or 10rpg I will sleep with Euroballers mom…..

Chrispy
      Participant

That would make YOU a Euro-baller ! 😉

Chrispy
      Participant

That would make YOU a Euro-baller ! 😉

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

What up with Anthony Bennett ? Before the draft most of us had him as a tweener who would be drafted 7-9th. He gets selected no1 and now a few users think he will be able to produce.

If he ever averages 20ppg or 10rpg I will sleep with Euroballers mom…..

Status Quo
    Participant

Average 10 Rebounds – Kelly Olynyk
    Average 10 Assist – Dennis Schroeder
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Tim Hardaway Jr.
    Rookie Of The Year – Ben McLemore
    Hurt himself running laps – Steven Adams
    Fade in obscurity – Archie Goodwin

Status Quo
    Participant

Average 10 Rebounds – Kelly Olynyk
    Average 10 Assist – Dennis Schroeder
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Tim Hardaway Jr.
    Rookie Of The Year – Ben McLemore
    Hurt himself running laps – Steven Adams
    Fade in obscurity – Archie Goodwin

ItsRainingNegs
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Victor Olidapo
    Average 10 Rebounds – Andre Roberson (CAN I GET A WITNESS!)
    Average 10 Assist – Dennis Schroder
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Archie Goodwin
    Lead the league in turnovers – Trey Burke
    Rookie Of The Year – Cody Zeller
    Hurt himself running laps – Michael Carter-Williams
    Fade in obscurity – Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

ItsRainingNegs
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Victor Olidapo
    Average 10 Rebounds – Andre Roberson (CAN I GET A WITNESS!)
    Average 10 Assist – Dennis Schroder
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Archie Goodwin
    Lead the league in turnovers – Trey Burke
    Rookie Of The Year – Cody Zeller
    Hurt himself running laps – Michael Carter-Williams
    Fade in obscurity – Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Fade into obscurity? I STILL don’t know who these guys are!

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Fade into obscurity? I STILL don’t know who these guys are!

Kinguy11
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Ben McLemore – Great pure scorer who will average 20 at least once in his career.
    Average 10 Rebounds – Nerlens Noel – Best rebounder by a good distance, but I’m obiovusly banking on him making a full recovery.
    Average 10 Assist – MCW – Turnover prone but later in his career he’ll hopefully iron out that flaw along with jumpshot and average a double-double.
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Tony Snell – On a stacked Bulls team he’ll have to wait a year or two to get a good slice of minutes
    Lead the league in turnovers – MCW – Most likely will happen in his early years in the league, if the summer league is anything to go by.
    Lead the league in blocks – Steven Adams – He has the body to do so and Serge Ibaka on his team to learn from. I’d put money on it.
    Rookie Of The Year – Victor Olapido – most well rounded player in the draft and will be able to contribute right away.
    Hurt himself running laps – Nerlens Noel – Two major major injuries before entering the NBA are not good signs.
    Fade in obscurity – Shabazz Muhammad – Red flags about his attitude before the season starts foreshadow an eventual fade in obscurity.

Kinguy11
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Ben McLemore – Great pure scorer who will average 20 at least once in his career.
    Average 10 Rebounds – Nerlens Noel – Best rebounder by a good distance, but I’m obiovusly banking on him making a full recovery.
    Average 10 Assist – MCW – Turnover prone but later in his career he’ll hopefully iron out that flaw along with jumpshot and average a double-double.
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Tony Snell – On a stacked Bulls team he’ll have to wait a year or two to get a good slice of minutes
    Lead the league in turnovers – MCW – Most likely will happen in his early years in the league, if the summer league is anything to go by.
    Lead the league in blocks – Steven Adams – He has the body to do so and Serge Ibaka on his team to learn from. I’d put money on it.
    Rookie Of The Year – Victor Olapido – most well rounded player in the draft and will be able to contribute right away.
    Hurt himself running laps – Nerlens Noel – Two major major injuries before entering the NBA are not good signs.
    Fade in obscurity – Shabazz Muhammad – Red flags about his attitude before the season starts foreshadow an eventual fade in obscurity.

TheTruth86
    Participant

I think the numbers here should be regarded as a career achievement not for rookie season.

Average 20 Points – BEN MCLEMORE – He can average 20 ppg by his 3rd season, imo.

Average 10 Rebounds – ALEX LEN – he’ll be Gortat’s backup in his first season, but once the big Pole is traded Len will have his chance. At 7’1”/255 and a room to grow he can become a double-double machine in the next 3 or 4 years. Big men often need more time to develope so I wouldn’t be surprised if Len become a top 5 center and an all-star at some point of his career.

Average 10 Assist – TREY BURKE – NONE of this class will average 10 apg EVER, so I’m just predicting who’ll be the best passer in the rookie campaign.

Unfairly get bench splinters – TONY SNELL – like Jimmy Butler and M. Teague, Snell won’t see much playing time in his 1st season, Bulls are stacked and Thibs puts rookies slowly into his scheme.

Lead the league in turnovers – MCW – a no brainer 🙂

Lead the league in blocks – STEVEN ADAMS – this is a long time projection, I’m not that high on Adams, I just think he can be the best shot-blocker in this class, the guy before me said Steve’s got the body + a teammate like Serge Iblocka, I agree about that. I also think Noel will see hard times reaching his potential because of injuries and lack of strentgh. 6’11”/ 206 pounds is pathetic for a post player in any league in the world. Noel should add at least 25-30 pounds of muscle or the bigs he plays against will be sweeping the floor with him every night, and then the question which pops up is can those fragile knees of him support more weight ? Don’t get me wrong I wish Noel to be healthy but I wouldn’t bet money on him playing a 82-game season.

Rookie Of The Year – BEN MCLEMORE – scoring is very important for voters, I’ve said that before and I’m gonna keep sayin’ it until Dipo with stats like 12.5ppg/4.5rpg/4.5apg/1.5spg/0.9bpg beats B-mac with 17.2ppg/4.5rpg/1.8apg/0.9spg/0.4bpg in the ROY race. Don’t get me wrong I like Dipo and I believe he’s gonna have a great career (probably will appear in a couple of all-star games) but imo he’ll build up his reputation slowly (like in college), he is a hard worker not a flashy performer, so Oladipo overall will be more successful of B-Mac but will get recognition later in his career. There’s one more thing about Oladipo – the statement someone made that he’s a lock for a starting spot – I don’t buy that. They (Magic) have Jameer Nelson at pg (he’s a 7.5 – 8 assist per game player) and Aron Aflalo at sg – 16-17 ppg player. If the Magic were a contender Dipo would be probably a sixth man covering for pg, sg even at sf at times. On the other hand – B-mac will be first to second scoring option for the Kings – he’s got less competition (‘Ryke Evans gone) and a pass-first point guard (Vasquez) to feed him balls. I think efficiency will be the key for B-Mac’s success – if he manages to achieve at least 43-44 FG% he’s gonna have a great season.

Hurt himself running laps – NERLENS NOEL – another no brainer 🙂

Fade in obscurity – SHABAZZ – a less-talented version of Michael Beasly. Very troubled kid, major attitude issues, I’m ready to bet money that he’ll have his first arrest before his first career-start (lmao). One more thing – T-Wolves roster is stacked, so even without all the off-court troubles, Bazz’ would have a minor role at least in his rookie year and this is a disaster for a ball-hog like him. My forecast is that Minny will trade him by the end of the season.

TheTruth86
    Participant

I think the numbers here should be regarded as a career achievement not for rookie season.

Average 20 Points – BEN MCLEMORE – He can average 20 ppg by his 3rd season, imo.

Average 10 Rebounds – ALEX LEN – he’ll be Gortat’s backup in his first season, but once the big Pole is traded Len will have his chance. At 7’1”/255 and a room to grow he can become a double-double machine in the next 3 or 4 years. Big men often need more time to develope so I wouldn’t be surprised if Len become a top 5 center and an all-star at some point of his career.

Average 10 Assist – TREY BURKE – NONE of this class will average 10 apg EVER, so I’m just predicting who’ll be the best passer in the rookie campaign.

Unfairly get bench splinters – TONY SNELL – like Jimmy Butler and M. Teague, Snell won’t see much playing time in his 1st season, Bulls are stacked and Thibs puts rookies slowly into his scheme.

Lead the league in turnovers – MCW – a no brainer 🙂

Lead the league in blocks – STEVEN ADAMS – this is a long time projection, I’m not that high on Adams, I just think he can be the best shot-blocker in this class, the guy before me said Steve’s got the body + a teammate like Serge Iblocka, I agree about that. I also think Noel will see hard times reaching his potential because of injuries and lack of strentgh. 6’11”/ 206 pounds is pathetic for a post player in any league in the world. Noel should add at least 25-30 pounds of muscle or the bigs he plays against will be sweeping the floor with him every night, and then the question which pops up is can those fragile knees of him support more weight ? Don’t get me wrong I wish Noel to be healthy but I wouldn’t bet money on him playing a 82-game season.

Rookie Of The Year – BEN MCLEMORE – scoring is very important for voters, I’ve said that before and I’m gonna keep sayin’ it until Dipo with stats like 12.5ppg/4.5rpg/4.5apg/1.5spg/0.9bpg beats B-mac with 17.2ppg/4.5rpg/1.8apg/0.9spg/0.4bpg in the ROY race. Don’t get me wrong I like Dipo and I believe he’s gonna have a great career (probably will appear in a couple of all-star games) but imo he’ll build up his reputation slowly (like in college), he is a hard worker not a flashy performer, so Oladipo overall will be more successful of B-Mac but will get recognition later in his career. There’s one more thing about Oladipo – the statement someone made that he’s a lock for a starting spot – I don’t buy that. They (Magic) have Jameer Nelson at pg (he’s a 7.5 – 8 assist per game player) and Aron Aflalo at sg – 16-17 ppg player. If the Magic were a contender Dipo would be probably a sixth man covering for pg, sg even at sf at times. On the other hand – B-mac will be first to second scoring option for the Kings – he’s got less competition (‘Ryke Evans gone) and a pass-first point guard (Vasquez) to feed him balls. I think efficiency will be the key for B-Mac’s success – if he manages to achieve at least 43-44 FG% he’s gonna have a great season.

Hurt himself running laps – NERLENS NOEL – another no brainer 🙂

Fade in obscurity – SHABAZZ – a less-talented version of Michael Beasly. Very troubled kid, major attitude issues, I’m ready to bet money that he’ll have his first arrest before his first career-start (lmao). One more thing – T-Wolves roster is stacked, so even without all the off-court troubles, Bazz’ would have a minor role at least in his rookie year and this is a disaster for a ball-hog like him. My forecast is that Minny will trade him by the end of the season.

OaktownWarriors
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Kelly Olynyk
    Average 10 Rebounds -Cody Zeller
    Average 10 Assist -Isaiah Canaan
    Unfairly get bench splinters -Steve Adams
    Lead the league in turnovers -Michael Carter-Williams
    Rookie Of The Year -Kelly Olynyk
    Hurt himself running laps – Rudy Gobert

OaktownWarriors
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Kelly Olynyk
    Average 10 Rebounds -Cody Zeller
    Average 10 Assist -Isaiah Canaan
    Unfairly get bench splinters -Steve Adams
    Lead the league in turnovers -Michael Carter-Williams
    Rookie Of The Year -Kelly Olynyk
    Hurt himself running laps – Rudy Gobert

A Lil English
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Mclemore, but most likely if he leaves the Kings.
    Average 10 Rebounds – Adams
    Average 10 Assist – Schroeder
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Muhammad
    Lead the league in turnovers – Carter-Williams
    Hurt himself running laps – Noel
    Fade into obscurity – I hope noone does but I’d go with Lorenzo Brown or James Ennis. If I had to pick a 1st rounder it would be Plumlee or Solomon Hill.

A Lil English
    Participant

Average 20 Points – Mclemore, but most likely if he leaves the Kings.
    Average 10 Rebounds – Adams
    Average 10 Assist – Schroeder
    Unfairly get bench splinters – Muhammad
    Lead the league in turnovers – Carter-Williams
    Hurt himself running laps – Noel
    Fade into obscurity – I hope noone does but I’d go with Lorenzo Brown or James Ennis. If I had to pick a 1st rounder it would be Plumlee or Solomon Hill.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

I am not sure that any of these guys get 10 assists in ONE GAME next year.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

I am not sure that any of these guys get 10 assists in ONE GAME next year.

phila9012
    Participant

Average 20 Points – mclemore in 3 or 4 years
    Average 10 Rebounds – bennett, I think he has elton brand potential at PF, he definitely isnt a SF.
    Average 10 Assist – schroader he has that rondo feel to him, he will probably be a 10pts and 9 asts guy in 4 years
    Unfairly get bench splinters – bennett, tristen thompson will start and probably get 30 to 35 minutes at least this year.
    Lead the league in turnovers – MCW and he will probably do it this year, he just has to have the confidence to ride it out because he will be good in 3 or 4 years
    Lead the league in blocks – Noel if he can stay healthy
    Rookie Of The Year – Oledipo, he may not have the best stats but I think people will recognize his defense and how hard he plays
    Hurt himself running laps – Noel, 2 knee surgeries and a thin frame make him the most likely as of now
    Fade in obscurity – Giannis Antetokounmpo, I just dont think he is very talented, he has a ton of potential but if he doesnt improve he will be out of the league with in 4 years, this was the hardest one but there is always a few first rounders who dont make it out of their there rookie contract and end up in the NBDL or overseas

phila9012
    Participant

Average 20 Points – mclemore in 3 or 4 years
    Average 10 Rebounds – bennett, I think he has elton brand potential at PF, he definitely isnt a SF.
    Average 10 Assist – schroader he has that rondo feel to him, he will probably be a 10pts and 9 asts guy in 4 years
    Unfairly get bench splinters – bennett, tristen thompson will start and probably get 30 to 35 minutes at least this year.
    Lead the league in turnovers – MCW and he will probably do it this year, he just has to have the confidence to ride it out because he will be good in 3 or 4 years
    Lead the league in blocks – Noel if he can stay healthy
    Rookie Of The Year – Oledipo, he may not have the best stats but I think people will recognize his defense and how hard he plays
    Hurt himself running laps – Noel, 2 knee surgeries and a thin frame make him the most likely as of now
    Fade in obscurity – Giannis Antetokounmpo, I just dont think he is very talented, he has a ton of potential but if he doesnt improve he will be out of the league with in 4 years, this was the hardest one but there is always a few first rounders who dont make it out of their there rookie contract and end up in the NBDL or overseas

ColdCuts
    Participant

Average 16.3 Points – Ben McLemore

Average 8.6 Rebounds – Cody Zeller

Average 7.8 Assist – Trey Burke

Lead Rookies in blocks – Alex Len

Hurt himself running laps – Lucas Noguerina BeBe

Fade in obscurity – Ryan Kelly

ColdCuts