This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Snowta 11 years ago.

• Author
    eleqtrique87
    Participant

Almost every year some headcase manages to get himself drafted very high, guaranteeing themselves of millions of dollars and fame while franchises regret that decision for the rest of their existance.

The following guys went from potential stars to actual headcases:

2004 – Robert Swift (12th)
    2005 – Rashad McCants (14th)
    2006 – Tyrus Thomas (4th)
    2007 – Sean Williams (17th)
    2008 – Michael Beasley (2nd)
    2009 – (..)
    2010 – DeMarcus Cousins (5th)
    2011 – (..)
    2012 – Royce White (13th)

So which 2013 prospects have the potential to make it onto the list?

SeattleSuperChronics
    Participant

Archie Goodwin if he could somehow get himself in the 1st round.
    In all honesty who do you think coach cal was talking about when he said “there are just some guys on this team i cant couch”

I dont see MCW handeling his millions very well lol dude was shoplifting less than a year ago

lockdownD

Though a fan, I’ll be the first one to say Tony Mitchell is a bit of a head case.
    On a side note: Athletically he’s like a combination of Nerlens Noel, Patric Young and Rodney Williams. #Not falling to the second round

Bmore_DC
    Participant

damn, FCB206 beat me to it!

fcb206
    Participant

Shabazz all day. Probably took money, lied about his age, showed up to UCLA out of shape, pouted all year when he sat or didn’t get enough touches. All he’s missing is an arrest.

lockdownD

Shabazz;
    A headcase? no…. a chuker? yes

lockdownD

Guys Shabazz is not a headcase… He is a winner who likes to shoot a lot and score. His limitations are god given, he is not a good defender not because he doesn’t want to but because his lateral quickness and explosiveness doesn’t allow him to…

Maybe I’m picturing another definition of headcase but Shabazz will never be fat, or lazy, or lost in the court. He plays hard and smart, he just likes to shoot it too much.

Headcase to me = low basketball IQ…. Shabazz Muhamad doesn’t have low ball iq

How about this…. give Tony Mitchell- Shabazz Muhammad’s brains/mentality and he would be a lottery pick.

Snowta
    Participant

Shabazz was pissed after Larry Drew hit a game winning shot…a game WINNING shot…so if not a headcase then at the very least a terrible teammate who obviously cares more about himself than winning. Wouldn’t want him on my team.

SeattleSuperChronics
      Participant

Larry Drew is the bad team mate. How he left UNC after Marshall beat him out midseason shows you who he really is. Shabazz isnt a head case he’s just use to being the best. Larry Drew II was the biggest headcase on that team. He never gave up the ball and thought he was better than what he is.

Snowta
        Participant

^ “He never gave up the ball”

He averaged more assists (7.3) than fields goals attempted (6.6) per game, so I’d have to disagree with you on that. Regardless, I’m not talking about whether or not Larry Drew is a headcase because he’s not the one that’s projected to be drafted in the lottery. My point was that a player that acts pissed and storms off the court after his team got the W on a game winning shot should raise at least a little concern.

lockdownD

I saw it live… it was disgusting……
    FROM BOTH SIDES!!!! Larry drew for not giving the ball to the hot/open Shabazz and Bazz for clapping like a maniac and not celebrating with the team.
    This doesn’t make him a head case imho, it just goes on to prove that he is a chuker/ likes to shoot it too much.

B-ball fan
      Participant

Shabazz was not open and would not have gotten off a better shot than the one that Drew eventually got. Drew was smart not to give in to Muhammad’s desire for the ball. Muhammad was well beyond the three point line and was likely going to be double teamed if he tried to take it to the rim, considering he was running towards Drew and there was very little time left on the clock.

Rafter
    Participant

Terrence Williams has to be the headcase of the 09′ draft class, dude always seems to be in his coach’s doghouse wherever he goes. Displays a very low level of professionalism despite possessing wonderful talent, we’re talking about a guy who has had triple-double games in the NBA and averaged a triple-double in the D-League and yet he is playing on his forth team in four years.

SeattleSuperChronics
      Participant

I played terrence williams in highschool and the dude was the biggest headcase i have ever played against. He did whatever the fuck he wanted and blaimed everyone around him. The scouting report even in highschool was he was a headcase that cant play from behind

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login