What are you most exciting to see this coming up season? Mine is watching Rose, Irving, and Wall go against each other in the East. They haven't all been healthy around the same time to really go at each other that much. Rose is coming back apparently 100%, Wall was great when he came back last year, and we all know Kyrie is on his way to being a superstar already. I pray that they all stay healthy and i get pumped about all them battling against each other. Thats what I am looking forward to the most this year.
Other things im looking forward to this upcoming season is:
- Lebron James adding to his legacy, It's a blessing to watch this man play ball.
- Kobe keep scratching his way up the all time scorers list
- The Cavs/ Pistons/ Wizards/ Raptors all duke it out for those bottom playoff spots.
- How good the Rockets will be with Dwight Howard and James Harden.
- Seeing Greg Oden finally be healthy and plaing basketball ( please let this happen while hes relatively still young!!!)
There's much more to look forward but that is my main 1 and then the top 5 after that.
I'll keep mine to a top-5 because I'm sure we could go on forever with this topic lmao
1. Rockets! After years of mediocrity, we finally have a nice team set up! Excited to see how they do, best believe I'm going to the LA v Houston match ups (Clippers or Lakers; I live in Southern Cali)
2. Golden State Warriors have finally mastered being an exciting team and combining that with winning. The addition of Iggy to that team is perfect, can't wait to see how they turn out.
3. I'm with you on this point guard matchup. How good can Rose be after a year off? Can Wall finally get the Wiz to the playoffs? Will injuries derail the Cavs or will they be able to snag a top-5 seed? Also, who's going to be the starting PG at the All-Star game for the East this season?
4. DeMarcus Cousins is set to have a breakout year. A pass-first PG was added and a ball-dominant guard was subtracted. The Kings are all his and I'm expecting big things from him.
5. Once again, LeBron James and the Miami Heat have to shut the critics (as if they haven't already) but now the EC is a lot tougher. Paul George turned into a superstar in last years playoffs. Rose is back. The Nets are built for the playoffs. The Knicks got their first taste of blood. Point is, the stage is set for LeBron James to once again prove he's the best player in the NBA.
By the way, I hate this thread! It's making me excited for the NBA season and there are still a few more months for it to kick-off...
lmao yea you could go all day with this topic and I wish the season was starting too haha . I like what you said about Golden State and the Kings. Two more things to look forward to. Its going to be a great season and following up with a great draft. Basketball looks great for the future.
I can't wait to see how the sophomores from the 2012 draft will play in their second years. Which ones will break out? which ones will have a slump. Some of the second year players have tons of potential to be great players such as Drummond, Valanciunas, Henson, etc and I really wanna see which ones live up to the hype.
I also want to see the rookies. 2013 wasn't a very strong class in my opinion but had some players that have potential to be very good. Specifically I want to see how the big men such as Bennett, Noel and Len do.
Overall I believe its going to be a very exciting NBA season and I'm just here hoping the Raptors can make the playoffs, which I believe they secure anywhere from 6-8 seed
1) As a Pistons fan, the growth of Knight as a point guard and of Andre Drummond
2) How good the Clippers really are after the big trade for them
3) How Jason Kidd and the Nets do, Dont know what will be more weird, seeing Pierce in a Nets jersey or Kidd coaching
4) How Derrick Rose will be in his first season back
5) Shaun Livingston, since his knee injury i've been a big fan of his comeback and i hope he just keeps improving and can stay healthy
Excited about everything that has been said so far, I can't wait for the season to start!
I'm excited to see how the Pelicans play this year with their additions and Anthony Davis having his rookie year under his belt.
I also want to see how good Favors & Kanter can be with getting more minutes now that they will be the starters.
A lot to be excited about for the upcoming season, as well as NCAA ball
I guess one of those rare seasons wherein the teams at the bottom will be just as relevant as the contending teams. The 2014 draft sweepstakes is on.
In no particular order:
-Lakers proving people wrong and Kobe coming back from a major injury at 35 years old and keeping the team competitive and in the playoffs. Nash, Jordan hill, and pau all were hurt extensively last season and dantonni didn't take over until decemeber and didn't have the pieces to fit his system. Trying to figure out how to incorporate Dwight just didn't work. Now pau is the type of center to thrive in a dantoni offense when he has the middle to himself and healthy and the role players are all much younger this year.
-the competitors in the east to take on the heat. Last year it just felt like the heat were the heavy favorites to win the east and wouldn't be truly challenged until the finals(of course Indiana stepped it up). But this year you have Indiana back and a year more experienced with a deeper team. Chicago was a tough team without rose and now he's back and could push them over the top. And count me in as a believer that the nets could win it all. You could criticize deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul pierce, Kevin Garnett and brook Lopez each individually, but collectively, that's one he'll of a starting 5 with 5 difference makers and tons of hungry vets.
-the return of Andrew Bynum. He should be at 100% after missing a whole season. And I truly believe he was capable of staying healthy, he is the best center in the league. Can he stay healthy though is the question. Time will tell. But him and Irving and other pieces could easily make the cavs a tough playoff caliber squad.
-for me personally, the kings getting rid of the maloofs and keeping the team long term is a very special moment. I truly want to see this team turn the corner and become relevant again and restore the fan jubilation in Sacramento so I can go to the arena and cheer for the lakers and actually get drowned out by kings fans rather then have 70% of the arena also wearing laker jerseys and cheering with me.
-just seeing how everyone plays. The rookies(Bennett, bazz, oladipo) the players who are changing scenery( jrue, iggy, Dwight) the guys returning from injury ( love, Westbrook, rose, Bynum) and the guys who might break out ( Derrick Williams, Anthony Davis, Jonas valunciunas)
Andrew Bynum won't ever be 100% healthy again.
the laker girls : )
teams... i will start with teams i'am curious to see
1. Miami Heat- How Good they can be? If they play the way they played in the Playoffs i don't see them going to far in the Playoffs, this last year was their worst stat wise Season and PO, but injuries took effect too and i must no one said this but Wade shot better fg% and was better in rebounds and assits than his last 2 seasons with Bosh and Lebron, and if wasn't Lebron i couldn't see them winning but they stepped up in important games in the finals and that was important
2. Golden State- with Iguodala bringing his all around game and experience to the team will be a good factor to make them dangerous
3. Chicago- Man i'm expecting to see Rose showing how bad he wants it
4. Brooklyn- Their team is great yes old but they can still run for a title if they are well coached and injuries don't plague the team
5. Indiana and Clippers- new coach in LAC let's see what they can do now... the Pacers bring some players that can help their cause Watson, Scola and Copeland with the same core of last year, expecting to see PG evolve even more and Bird returning to manage the team
1. Lebron James- How better can he be? Is he going to win the MVP this season? i don't know but i still know this expect to be even more surprised
2. Derrick Rose- how different he is? He gained 10 pounds by working out some people said he was working on his shooting and expect to see him shooting better or being a shooter i just want to see him playing against Lebron in the NBA Opening day that's all
3. John Wall, Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum - all of them have a lot to proof how much can they handle the pressure and lead the team (wizards, rockets and cavs) to the playoffs or even contending for something in the league?
4. CP3, KD and Melo- Is this their year to win their first ring?
5. Anthony Davis and George- Skilled Players one more year in the bag another year to show how much they improved, George needs to get better on the shooting Department, Davis needs to show how good he is offensive wise
Honorable mentions Team: Houston and Minnesota
Honorable mentions players: Rondo
1. Indiana Pacers - They've been on the rise the last few seasons. Can they take that next step upwards? They've addressed their weakness by adding a better bench. Can Paul George make that jump to a legit All-Star caliber player? Can Danny Granger return to form?
2. Eric Gordon being 100% healthy. The last two seasons have been the worst of his entire basketball life. I'm looking forward to him being able to play to his potential.
3. Derrick Rose's return. I'm a big fan and the NBA wasn't the same without him.
4. Greg Oden's return. I'm a huge fan of Oden and was crushed with each one of his injuries. I hope he can return and have a career.