This topic contains 34 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Memphis Madness 10 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    IndianaBasketball
    Participant

It’s still early in the season, but the NBA has opened up NBA All-Star voting. 

Do you vote for just your favorite players or the guys who are most deserving? Who would be your starting five players in each conference at this point? 

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Right now, I just voted for:

West
    Howard
    Love
    Durant
    Harden
    Paul

East
    Lopez
    James
    George
    Wade
    Teague

That’s right now though, my vote can change in a week or a month.

ThunderHog35
      Participant

I like it.  Lopez over Hibbert though?

ThunderHog35
      Participant

I like it.  Lopez over Hibbert though?

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Right now, I just voted for:

West
    Howard
    Love
    Durant
    Harden
    Paul

East
    Lopez
    James
    George
    Wade
    Teague

That’s right now though, my vote can change in a week or a month.

KHAM83
    Participant

My vote will echo tongue out’s voting. If you want to know how I think it’ll actually end up, swap Love for Griffin and Teague for Rose. 

Wetalkinboutpractice
      Participant

Except there’s no way Knicks fans won’t get Melo in that starting lineup.

Wetalkinboutpractice
      Participant

Except there’s no way Knicks fans won’t get Melo in that starting lineup.

ThunderHog35
      Participant

Rose isn’t playing like an All Star right now.  I can’t vote for him until he starts to turn it around, which he will, just a matter of when.

ThunderHog35
      Participant

Rose isn’t playing like an All Star right now.  I can’t vote for him until he starts to turn it around, which he will, just a matter of when.

KHAM83
    Participant

My vote will echo tongue out’s voting. If you want to know how I think it’ll actually end up, swap Love for Griffin and Teague for Rose. 

TomShoe
    Participant

Does anyone think Eric Bledsoe and Anthony Davis are great sleepers for making the All-Star Game? I think they’ve performed very well so far this season. It’s still a little early to tell, but they’re making great strides on their games. I wonder if Los Angeles is starting to regret trading the talent of Bledsoe for the fit of Dudley.

TomShoe
    Participant

Does anyone think Eric Bledsoe and Anthony Davis are great sleepers for making the All-Star Game? I think they’ve performed very well so far this season. It’s still a little early to tell, but they’re making great strides on their games. I wonder if Los Angeles is starting to regret trading the talent of Bledsoe for the fit of Dudley.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
      Participant

I don’t think they regret trading talent for fit, it’s done all the time in the L.

I bet they do regret not getting more for Bledsoe though.  Had other teams known Bledsoe would put up 20-7-4, they could have gotten a lot more than Dudley and Redick.

I feel bad for the Suns though, they couldn’t tie him up during the offseason to a long-term deal, now they’re going to have to really open up the checkbook if they want to keep him.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
      Participant

I don’t think they regret trading talent for fit, it’s done all the time in the L.

I bet they do regret not getting more for Bledsoe though.  Had other teams known Bledsoe would put up 20-7-4, they could have gotten a lot more than Dudley and Redick.

I feel bad for the Suns though, they couldn’t tie him up during the offseason to a long-term deal, now they’re going to have to really open up the checkbook if they want to keep him.

IknoBall12
    Participant

Will most def make it. He’s playing to good to be left off the team. Bledsoe I also think has a very good shot of getting in. I’m most interested to see what happens to anyone in Brooklyn. The way their playing none of them should make it but they are a team of all stars and many fan favorites

IknoBall12
    Participant

Will most def make it. He’s playing to good to be left off the team. Bledsoe I also think has a very good shot of getting in. I’m most interested to see what happens to anyone in Brooklyn. The way their playing none of them should make it but they are a team of all stars and many fan favorites

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Who will be first time all-stars ?

Teague, Davis, Turner, Bledsoe

Outsiders – Greg Monroe, Paul Milsap’s stats are only a little bit off of Horford’s.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Who will be first time all-stars ?

Teague, Davis, Turner, Bledsoe

Outsiders – Greg Monroe, Paul Milsap’s stats are only a little bit off of Horford’s.

ThunderHog35
    Participant

I vote for who’s playing the best personally.

I’d like to see Vuc as one of the wild cards but I don’t think he’s doing quite well enough yet and East frontcourt is deep.  He’s had some monster games though.

ThunderHog35
    Participant

I vote for who’s playing the best personally.

I’d like to see Vuc as one of the wild cards but I don’t think he’s doing quite well enough yet and East frontcourt is deep.  He’s had some monster games though.

TRC1991
    Participant

The Projected Lineups

WEST

G – Chris Paul

G – James Harden

F – Kevin Durant

F – Kevin Love

C – Dwight Howard

bench:

G – Tony Parker

G – Stephen Curry

G – Russell Westbrook

G – Kevin Martin 

F – Blake Griffin

F – LaMarcus Aldridge

F – Anthony Davis

just missed: Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Klay Thompson, Marc Gasol, Monta Ellis, Dirk Nowitzki, Zach Randolph, Ty Lawson, Mike Conley, David Lee, Damian Lillard

EAST

G – Derrick Rose (doesn’t deserve to be an all-star but fans will vote him in; takes up a spot that belongs to someone deserving)

G – Kyrie Irving

F – Carmelo Anthony

F – LeBron James

C – Brook Lopez

bench

G – Jeff Teague

G – Dwyane Wade

G – Arron Afflalo

F – Evan Turner

F – Paul George

C – Al Horford

C – Roy Hibbert

Just Missed: Chris Bosh, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, Greg Monroe, Michael Carter-Williams, Rudy Gay, John Wall, Brandon Jennings, Bradley Beal, Lance Stephenson, Kemba Walker, DeMar DeRozan

Darth Divac
      Participant

Dude, Kmart over Ty Lawson? Ty has been putting up huge numbers and gotten the Nuggets a few huge wins…

Darth Divac
      Participant

Dude, Kmart over Ty Lawson? Ty has been putting up huge numbers and gotten the Nuggets a few huge wins…

ThunderHog35
      Participant

If you put Rose there cuz fans will vote him in, might as well put Lin in there too.  He almost got it last year…..

ThunderHog35
      Participant

If you put Rose there cuz fans will vote him in, might as well put Lin in there too.  He almost got it last year…..

TRC1991
    Participant

The Projected Lineups

WEST

G – Chris Paul

G – James Harden

F – Kevin Durant

F – Kevin Love

C – Dwight Howard

bench:

G – Tony Parker

G – Stephen Curry

G – Russell Westbrook

G – Kevin Martin 

F – Blake Griffin

F – LaMarcus Aldridge

F – Anthony Davis

just missed: Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Klay Thompson, Marc Gasol, Monta Ellis, Dirk Nowitzki, Zach Randolph, Ty Lawson, Mike Conley, David Lee, Damian Lillard

EAST

G – Derrick Rose (doesn’t deserve to be an all-star but fans will vote him in; takes up a spot that belongs to someone deserving)

G – Kyrie Irving

F – Carmelo Anthony

F – LeBron James

C – Brook Lopez

bench

G – Jeff Teague

G – Dwyane Wade

G – Arron Afflalo

F – Evan Turner

F – Paul George

C – Al Horford

C – Roy Hibbert

Just Missed: Chris Bosh, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, Greg Monroe, Michael Carter-Williams, Rudy Gay, John Wall, Brandon Jennings, Bradley Beal, Lance Stephenson, Kemba Walker, DeMar DeRozan

Darth Divac
    Participant

Demarcus Cousins, anyone? Say what you will about his attitude but he’s been dominant.

Darth Divac
    Participant

Demarcus Cousins, anyone? Say what you will about his attitude but he’s been dominant.

Sharp Shooter
    Participant

It sucks that players like Deron Williams, Derrick Rose (playing the way they are playing now) will "automatically" make the all star team based off popularity votes alone….The NBA really needs to change rules of the ASG

Sharp Shooter
    Participant

It sucks that players like Deron Williams, Derrick Rose (playing the way they are playing now) will "automatically" make the all star team based off popularity votes alone….The NBA really needs to change rules of the ASG

domeico7
    Participant

I usually vote for guys who are not really superstar and deserves some mention in the all-star talks, basically the guys I like and those who perform well. Today, I voted for:

West / Curry (Exception for the superstar label) – Lillard – Parsons – Aldridge – Cousins

East /  Irving – Beal – George – Monroe – Vucevic

Write in vote – Tony Wroten

domeico7
    Participant

I usually vote for guys who are not really superstar and deserves some mention in the all-star talks, basically the guys I like and those who perform well. Today, I voted for:

West / Curry (Exception for the superstar label) – Lillard – Parsons – Aldridge – Cousins

East /  Irving – Beal – George – Monroe – Vucevic

Write in vote – Tony Wroten

Memphis Madness
    Participant

I hope Kobe doesn’t get in.  I could see fans voting him in, and he would be fun to see in the All Star Game, but he doesn’t deserve it.  He would take a roster spot from a more deserving player.  

I thought the last spot would be a toss up between Dirk, Klay Thompson, Monta Ellis, or one of the Grizzlies (Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, or Mike Conley).  And, it would be hard for the T Wolves to get two guys in, but Kevin Martin is averaging over 24 points a game this year or a pretty good Minnesota squad.  Looks like it is Kevin Martin’s spot to lose, but that last All Star spot will be up for grabs.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

I hope Kobe doesn’t get in.  I could see fans voting him in, and he would be fun to see in the All Star Game, but he doesn’t deserve it.  He would take a roster spot from a more deserving player.  

I thought the last spot would be a toss up between Dirk, Klay Thompson, Monta Ellis, or one of the Grizzlies (Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, or Mike Conley).  And, it would be hard for the T Wolves to get two guys in, but Kevin Martin is averaging over 24 points a game this year or a pretty good Minnesota squad.  Looks like it is Kevin Martin’s spot to lose, but that last All Star spot will be up for grabs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login