2013-2014 All-Stars

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
2013-2014 All-Stars

It's still early in the season, but the NBA has opened up NBA All-Star voting.

Do you vote for just your favorite players or the guys who are most deserving? Who would be your starting five players in each conference at this point?

Tongue-Out-Like-23
Tongue-Out-Like-23's picture
Right now, I just voted

Right now, I just voted for:

West
Howard
Love
Durant
Harden
Paul

East
Lopez
James
George
Wade
Teague

That's right now though, my vote can change in a week or a month.

ThunderHog35
ThunderHog35's picture
I like it. Lopez over

I like it. Lopez over Hibbert though?

KHAM83
My vote will echo tongue

My vote will echo tongue out's voting. If you want to know how I think it'll actually end up, swap Love for Griffin and Teague for Rose.

Wetalkinboutpractice
Wetalkinboutpractice's picture
Pretty much

Except there's no way Knicks fans won't get Melo in that starting lineup.

ThunderHog35
ThunderHog35's picture
Rose isn't playing like an

Rose isn't playing like an All Star right now. I can't vote for him until he starts to turn it around, which he will, just a matter of when.

TomShoe
TomShoe's picture
Hm.

Does anyone think Eric Bledsoe and Anthony Davis are great sleepers for making the All-Star Game? I think they've performed very well so far this season. It's still a little early to tell, but they're making great strides on their games. I wonder if Los Angeles is starting to regret trading the talent of Bledsoe for the fit of Dudley.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
Tongue-Out-Like-23's picture
I don't think they regret

I don't think they regret trading talent for fit, it's done all the time in the L.

I bet they do regret not getting more for Bledsoe though. Had other teams known Bledsoe would put up 20-7-4, they could have gotten a lot more than Dudley and Redick.

I feel bad for the Suns though, they couldn't tie him up during the offseason to a long-term deal, now they're going to have to really open up the checkbook if they want to keep him.

IknoBall12
Davis

Will most def make it. He's playing to good to be left off the team. Bledsoe I also think has a very good shot of getting in. I'm most interested to see what happens to anyone in Brooklyn. The way their playing none of them should make it but they are a team of all stars and many fan favorites

r377
r377's picture
Who will be first time

Who will be first time all-stars ?

Teague, Davis, Turner, Bledsoe

Outsiders - Greg Monroe, Paul Milsap's stats are only a little bit off of Horford's.

ThunderHog35
ThunderHog35's picture
I vote for who's playing the

I vote for who's playing the best personally.

I'd like to see Vuc as one of the wild cards but I don't think he's doing quite well enough yet and East frontcourt is deep. He's had some monster games though.

TaylorCondrin
TaylorCondrin's picture
The Projected Lineups WEST G

The Projected Lineups

WEST

G - Chris Paul

G - James Harden

F - Kevin Durant

F - Kevin Love

C - Dwight Howard

bench:

G - Tony Parker

G - Stephen Curry

G - Russell Westbrook

G - Kevin Martin

F - Blake Griffin

F - LaMarcus Aldridge

F - Anthony Davis

just missed: Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Klay Thompson, Marc Gasol, Monta Ellis, Dirk Nowitzki, Zach Randolph, Ty Lawson, Mike Conley, David Lee, Damian Lillard

EAST

G - Derrick Rose (doesn't deserve to be an all-star but fans will vote him in; takes up a spot that belongs to someone deserving)

G - Kyrie Irving

F - Carmelo Anthony

F - LeBron James

C - Brook Lopez

bench

G - Jeff Teague

G - Dwyane Wade

G - Arron Afflalo

F - Evan Turner

F - Paul George

C - Al Horford

C - Roy Hibbert

Just Missed: Chris Bosh, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, Greg Monroe, Michael Carter-Williams, Rudy Gay, John Wall, Brandon Jennings, Bradley Beal, Lance Stephenson, Kemba Walker, DeMar DeRozan

Darth Divac
Dude, Kmart over Ty Lawson?

Dude, Kmart over Ty Lawson? Ty has been putting up huge numbers and gotten the Nuggets a few huge wins...

ThunderHog35
ThunderHog35's picture
If you put Rose there cuz

If you put Rose there cuz fans will vote him in, might as well put Lin in there too. He almost got it last year.....

Darth Divac
Demarcus Cousins, anyone? Say

Demarcus Cousins, anyone? Say what you will about his attitude but he's been dominant.

Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter's picture
It sucks that players like

It sucks that players like Deron Williams, Derrick Rose (playing the way they are playing now) will "automatically" make the all star team based off popularity votes alone....The NBA really needs to change rules of the ASG

domeico7
domeico7's picture
I usually vote for guys who

I usually vote for guys who are not really superstar and deserves some mention in the all-star talks, basically the guys I like and those who perform well. Today, I voted for:

West / Curry (Exception for the superstar label) - Lillard - Parsons - Aldridge - Cousins

East / Irving - Beal - George - Monroe - Vucevic

Write in vote - Tony Wroten

Memphis Madness
I hope Kobe doesn't get in.

I hope Kobe doesn't get in. I could see fans voting him in, and he would be fun to see in the All Star Game, but he doesn't deserve it. He would take a roster spot from a more deserving player.

I thought the last spot would be a toss up between Dirk, Klay Thompson, Monta Ellis, or one of the Grizzlies (Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, or Mike Conley). And, it would be hard for the T Wolves to get two guys in, but Kevin Martin is averaging over 24 points a game this year or a pretty good Minnesota squad. Looks like it is Kevin Martin's spot to lose, but that last All Star spot will be up for grabs.

RSS: Syndicate content