This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar DolanCare 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    slash787
    Participant

Probably too soon but what the heck. I think it’s safe to say Andre Drummond would go higher than Thomas Robinson right? I don’t think it’s worth doing a second round but after looking back this was a great draft. Well here it goes.

# Team Player
    1  New Orleans Anthony Davis – I would still take him first overall despite the injuries.
    2  Charlotte Andre Drummond – He could easily go number 1 and I would not debate it. He’s a freak.
    3  Washington Bradley Beal – Beal is 3 years younger than Lillard and has huge upside.
    4  Cleveland Harrison Barnes – Perfect fit for Cleveland with high upside.
    5  Sacramento Damian Lillard – It’s surprising to see the rookie of the year this low but he is a couple of years older than all of the players above but still a great player.
    6  Portland MKG – He had a tough rookie season but he is very young and has great upside.
    7  Golden St. – Moe Harkless – Would provide some length and defensive tenacity needed on the Warriors.
    8  Toronto – Terrence Ross – I think Toronto sticks with Ross. He is a high flyer that proved he can produced when given the opportunity.
    9  Detroit Dion Waiters – He would eventually replace Rodney Stuckey and serve as the new Rodney Stuckey at a cheaper contract.
    10  New Orleans John Henson – Would pair nicely with Davis. When given the opportunity last year he showed he can put up monster numbers.
    11  Portland Jeremy Lamb – Did not play in OKC but he killed it in the D-League and would be valuable off the bench.
    12  Houston Terrence Jones – Same position as Lamb. If given the opportunity he can be a productive player.
    13  Phoenix Jared Sullinger – The suns have a great medical staff and that would work well for Sully. He wasn’t a great scorer in Boston but showed he could rebound.
    14  Milwaukee Evan Fournier – Toward the end of the season last year he showed signs of life and would replace Monta when he bolts.
    15  Philadelphia Thomas Robinson – He has been on three teams alreay this season. I still like him and he would be better than LaVoy Allen.
    16  Houston Kendall Marshall – He would be a nice backup for Lin and possble starter in the future.
    17  Cleveland Meyers Leonard – Didn’t get to play much last season but is very young with room for improvement.
    18  Houston Tyler Zeller – Kevin McHale would put him through the ringer.
    19  Orlando Andrew Nicholson – Nice fit in Orlando. He is an efficient scorer for a big man off the bench.
    20  Denver Will Barton – When given the opportunity at the end of last season he proved his slight frame can hold up in the NBA.
    21  Boston Austin Rivers – Terrible NBA season but still very young and worth a flyer.
    22  Boston Tony Wroten – Big time athlete that is worth a flyer this late.
    23  Atlanta Arnett Moultrie – At the end of last year showed he was an NBA player and would replace Ivan Johnson.
    24  Cleveland Perry Jones – Worth a gamble this late to see if he can put it together.
    25  Memphis Jared Cunningham – Would fit in on the Grizzlies as a scorer.
    26  Indiana Marquis Teague – Would serve as a much needed back PG.
    27  Philadelphia Draymond Green – Solid tough nose player that would find minutes.
    28  Oklahoma Cty John Jenkins – Great spot up shooter that can rain threes.
    29  Chicago Fab Melo – Big defensive minded big man for Thibs
    30  Golden St. Orlando Johnson – High energy do it all type glue guy for the warriors.

slash787
    Participant

There are a couple of guys you can easily knock of the list that are from 21-30 with guys like Jae Crowder, Ezeli and Bernard James it’s really just a matter of fit and it is still early to tell.

slash787
    Participant

There are a couple of guys you can easily knock of the list that are from 21-30 with guys like Jae Crowder, Ezeli and Bernard James it’s really just a matter of fit and it is still early to tell.

JoeWolf1

Tyler Zeller was All-Rookie 2nd team and showed some promise as an NBA center, but he dropped a spot while Jared Sullinger had his 2nd back injury in two years to end the year and gained 7 spots?

slash787
      Participant

I do see your point. I would gamble on Sullinger because he is two years younger and has more upside in my opinion. I think Sullinger will get healthy and be a better player long term. Sullinger also had a 13.52 PER while Zeller’s was 11.02. Sullinger is an injury risk but I would gamble on him because I think he will be a David West type player.

JoeWolf1

But why do you think Zeller’s value has dropped since last year? He surpassed many people’s expectations and is a moblie big man with top end speed for a C and skill shooting and passing the ball. You still have Kendall Marshall being drafted ahead of him and he virtually did nothing as a rookie. If this is a re-draft considering what we know now, then why has Tyler Zeller’s stock dropped? I wouldn’t put him top 10 or anything, but I think he’d be in the late lotto for sure, certainly not dropping a spot.

JoeWolf1

But why do you think Zeller’s value has dropped since last year? He surpassed many people’s expectations and is a moblie big man with top end speed for a C and skill shooting and passing the ball. You still have Kendall Marshall being drafted ahead of him and he virtually did nothing as a rookie. If this is a re-draft considering what we know now, then why has Tyler Zeller’s stock dropped? I wouldn’t put him top 10 or anything, but I think he’d be in the late lotto for sure, certainly not dropping a spot.

slash787
      Participant

I do see your point. I would gamble on Sullinger because he is two years younger and has more upside in my opinion. I think Sullinger will get healthy and be a better player long term. Sullinger also had a 13.52 PER while Zeller’s was 11.02. Sullinger is an injury risk but I would gamble on him because I think he will be a David West type player.

JoeWolf1

Tyler Zeller was All-Rookie 2nd team and showed some promise as an NBA center, but he dropped a spot while Jared Sullinger had his 2nd back injury in two years to end the year and gained 7 spots?

slash787
    Participant

I don’t think Zeller’s value has dropped I just think the players ahead of him are younger with higher upside. You can flip flop Zeller and Marshall and I wouldn’t debate it. I put Marshall over Zeller in this one because they have a more pressing need for a backup PG. Houston is stacked with big men but Zeller is too good to drop past 18. I am a big Zeller fan but I would take younger guys like Sullinger, Leonard, Robinson, Jones, and Fournier because they showed flashes of higher upside. Zeller was more NBA ready than most of those guys which isn’t a bad thing but I think he has a lower ceiling. If I were a contending team I would take Zeller if I were a young up and coming team I would take a guy like Meyers Leonard because he is younger and has a chance to be as good or better than Zeller. I would say Zeller is like Draymond Green. A solid NBA ready rookie that will be good but does not have extremely high potential.

It’s the same reason I would take Bradley Beal over Lillard. Yes Lillard had a better season but he’s 3 years older and I would take a chance that Beal can surpass where Lillard is now in 3 years.

JoeWolf1

Then I guess I would say “too soon”. If you’re still putting so much stock on youth and upside then that really isn’t taking much rookie information to make your picks. I’m not trying to hate, because i can tell you put thought into this but I thought re-drafts were made to draw on NBA game experience and impact while less on upside and speculation.

slash787
        Participant

Honestly what would be the highest you would take Zeller in a redraft? There’s no chance I take him before any of the first 12 players listed. I can see the debate for taking him number 13 so you are really debating that he should be between 13 and 15 and I say he is between 16 and 18. That is not very much of a difference and you are making it seem as if I killed his draft stock. You can debate til you are blue in the face for Zeller going between 13-18. The fact of the matter is it is a 6 spot difference and if you want to be realistic I am sure you would take T-Rob that moves it to 5 spots. It’s really a matter of opinion at that point and it’s not like Zeller lit the world on fire. He was solid but not spectacular. Sullinger, Fournier, T-Rob, Leonard, and Marshall are all in the same discussion and if you gave all of those guys the same minutes as Zeller they would put up number as good or better. So we are basically debating over 5 spots which can go either way. I would take T-Rob, Sullinger, Fouriner over Zeller without blinking an eye. You an argue Marshall and Leonard so that for me puts him between 16-18 and for you between 13-15.

Let me ask you this. Would you take Beal or Lillard? If you would take Beal you completely negate your logic because Lillard had the better year as Zeller did compared to the other players.

JoeWolf1

I said earlier I’d take him late lotto 12-14, and id totally take Lillard. Just cuz a guy is a little older doesnt mean he can’t get better.

My logic? My logic is that it’s too soon to do a re-draft if you’re still weighing upside so much. What’s the freaking point if you virtually ignore rookie production in favor of youth and speculation. That’s just like a 2012 Mock Draft a year later.

JoeWolf1

I said earlier I’d take him late lotto 12-14, and id totally take Lillard. Just cuz a guy is a little older doesnt mean he can’t get better.

My logic? My logic is that it’s too soon to do a re-draft if you’re still weighing upside so much. What’s the freaking point if you virtually ignore rookie production in favor of youth and speculation. That’s just like a 2012 Mock Draft a year later.

slash787
        Participant

Honestly what would be the highest you would take Zeller in a redraft? There’s no chance I take him before any of the first 12 players listed. I can see the debate for taking him number 13 so you are really debating that he should be between 13 and 15 and I say he is between 16 and 18. That is not very much of a difference and you are making it seem as if I killed his draft stock. You can debate til you are blue in the face for Zeller going between 13-18. The fact of the matter is it is a 6 spot difference and if you want to be realistic I am sure you would take T-Rob that moves it to 5 spots. It’s really a matter of opinion at that point and it’s not like Zeller lit the world on fire. He was solid but not spectacular. Sullinger, Fournier, T-Rob, Leonard, and Marshall are all in the same discussion and if you gave all of those guys the same minutes as Zeller they would put up number as good or better. So we are basically debating over 5 spots which can go either way. I would take T-Rob, Sullinger, Fouriner over Zeller without blinking an eye. You an argue Marshall and Leonard so that for me puts him between 16-18 and for you between 13-15.

Let me ask you this. Would you take Beal or Lillard? If you would take Beal you completely negate your logic because Lillard had the better year as Zeller did compared to the other players.

JoeWolf1

Then I guess I would say “too soon”. If you’re still putting so much stock on youth and upside then that really isn’t taking much rookie information to make your picks. I’m not trying to hate, because i can tell you put thought into this but I thought re-drafts were made to draw on NBA game experience and impact while less on upside and speculation.

slash787
    Participant

I don’t think Zeller’s value has dropped I just think the players ahead of him are younger with higher upside. You can flip flop Zeller and Marshall and I wouldn’t debate it. I put Marshall over Zeller in this one because they have a more pressing need for a backup PG. Houston is stacked with big men but Zeller is too good to drop past 18. I am a big Zeller fan but I would take younger guys like Sullinger, Leonard, Robinson, Jones, and Fournier because they showed flashes of higher upside. Zeller was more NBA ready than most of those guys which isn’t a bad thing but I think he has a lower ceiling. If I were a contending team I would take Zeller if I were a young up and coming team I would take a guy like Meyers Leonard because he is younger and has a chance to be as good or better than Zeller. I would say Zeller is like Draymond Green. A solid NBA ready rookie that will be good but does not have extremely high potential.

It’s the same reason I would take Bradley Beal over Lillard. Yes Lillard had a better season but he’s 3 years older and I would take a chance that Beal can surpass where Lillard is now in 3 years.

TRC1991
    Participant

Joewolf killing it. Points for u sir

TRC1991
    Participant

Joewolf killing it. Points for u sir

DolanCare
    Participant

You have the privilege of hindsight, and you take Marshall at 16? Cunningham at 25?

DolanCare
    Participant

You have the privilege of hindsight, and you take Marshall at 16? Cunningham at 25?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login