2012 Powerade Jam Fest: Shabazz Muhammad Wins Dunk Contest, Rasheed Sulaimon 3 point shootout

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
2012 Powerade Jam Fest: Shabazz Muhammad Wins Dunk Contest, Rasheed Sulaimon 3 point shootout

Here were some highlights from the Dunk Contest, with Breanna Stewart (#1 rated 2012 girls HS player, going to UConn I believe) throwing down a couple oops, Archie Goodwin, Anthony Bennett, Marcus Smart, Alex Poythress and winner Shabazz Muhammad:

Also, what does Shabazz have against Isaiah Austin?:

Plus, another throw in from the first day of McDonald's practices:

Johnny Chill
Johnny Chill's picture
Duke

Duke lands another Mickey D 3 point shootout winner.

Johnny Chill
Johnny Chill's picture
Tyler Lewis

Looks like Stillman White's taller brother...lol

Anton123
Anton123's picture
Archie Goodwin's dunks were

Archie Goodwin's dunks were much better than Muhammad's

3-6 Mafia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3kVNs7nwQ

nice but shaq johnson is my fav dunker of the class

DanEboy
DanEboy's picture
Shabazz is what, arguably the

Shabazz is what, arguably the top player in the nation? The funny thing is, Bishop Gorman is a perennial baseball powerhouse having won four straight state titles and are the number one ranked baseball team in the nation. Joey Gallo, a 6'-5" first baseman is one of the top players in the country and a likely top-15 pick in the 2012 draft.

Who is the bigger man on campus?

alphamale310
alphamale310's picture
hats off

white girls are dunking...whats the world coming to? lol

Bill Walton's Knees
Bill Walton's Knees's picture
DanEboy

Bryce Harper also went to Gorman during his high school days. Pretty sure he was there while Bazz was there as well.

DanEboy
DanEboy's picture
Harper went to Las Vegas

Harper went to Las Vegas High, not Bishop Gorman. The school said it was like winning the lottery when he decided to play for them.

Bill Walton's Knees
Really? My bad, I could've

Really? My bad, I could've sworn he went to Gorman before dropping out to get his GED. Thanks for dropping some high school baseball knowledge on me.

DanEboy
DanEboy's picture
It was a close decision

It was a close decision between the two. Sorry if I took this off topic a bit.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Wait, Dan, people care about baseball?

I think Shabazz probably is, Dan. They may not have been THE top HS basketball team in the nation, but they were close and they won a state title. Plus, word is that Gorman is a football school, homes. You Google Bishop Gorman, it pops up underneath as:

• Bishop Gorman High School
  • Bishop Gorman Football
  • Bishop Gorman Basketball
  • Bishop Gorman High School Baseball

My feeling is, while they have had other solid players besides Shabazz, basketball probably would not have been ahead of baseball. So, Gallo may be continuing a strong tradition, but Shabazz put Gorman basketball big up on the map. If you are the #1 prospect who has won Naismith HS Player of the Year award and the McDonald's All-American, you might be the BMOC over a great baseball player with the same name as a famous gangster in the Profaci crime family. Just a hunch my baseball loving friend. Though, I always head of them being a football school.

Bill Walton's Knees
Xavier Grimble TE for USC is

Xavier Grimble TE for USC is a Gorman alum...only one I can think of off the top of my head though.

DanEboy
DanEboy's picture
Baseball players get more

Baseball players get more tail though. Chicks dig a dirty uniform.

MKG_AllDay
I just wanna see a combo of

I just wanna see a combo of Shabazz and Nerlens go to Kentucky

rickybobby
rickybobby's picture
Archie Goodwin

I agree Archie Goodwin dunks were way better than Shabazz.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Keep telling yourself that, Danny

But, I think basketball players have little problem in that department as well. Lets face it, these guys have little problem in that department I am guessing.

imahustla1
imahustla1's picture
Shaquille Johnson the best dunker in class of 2012

Shabazz or any of these other guys dunking are even the best dunker in their class look up Auburn recruit 4 star Shaquille Johnson dubbed "the best dunker in the class of 12" This kid has bounce for days!!watch out for him in the SEC he will be making some noise for years to come!

dolla130
shabazz looks like a less

shabazz looks like a less athletic james harden in my opion and i think hes very overrated and looks like hes about 25, archie goodwin and poythress are gonna be a good duo next season along with harrow and wiltcher

Wreckless
Wreckless's picture
Overrated? Shabazz Muhammad?

Overrated? Shabazz Muhammad? He is the BEST player in his class, though the 2012 class is pretty weak, Shabazz Muhammad is no slouch! One guy who is underrated to me is Rodney Purvis, I love his game and he has a great attitude. Best PG in this class in my opinion.

joecheck88
joecheck88's picture
First off Shaquille Johnson

First off Shaquille Johnson has that elite bounce that you don't see often. He is sick.

As far as Shabazz overrated and less athletic than James Harden, he is the number 1 player in his class for a reason. I think he is going to be a D Wade type player. The athletic part, I'll give you he isn't elite but he is at least as athletic as James Harden. I mean he drop stepped and dunked on a 7 footer. You don't see that often from 6 5 guards.

dolla130
lets not get out of hand the

lets not get out of hand the kid cant sniff d wades athletic ability and hes the number 2 player in the class behind noel and just because your a high recruit does not mean you cant be overrated ala oj mayo micheal beasley, harrison barnes, lance stephenson, selby and the list goes on and on, hes a pretty good athlete i seen a kobe comparison on this site and cmon son lets be serious look at the last player who was supposed to be the next kobe and &$#%#&@! in hs barnes looked better then shabazz

uknation
uknation's picture
Can't sniff Wades athletic

Can't sniff Wades athletic ability? He's the same or better athlete than D Wade was at the same stage. The kid dominated when he was a Jr. He got props for doing work against the NBA players while playing against them in Chi. They all say he's legit. Not one scout,NBA scout or NBa player says he's overrated. Not buying what you selling over those who actually scout and play at the highest level

joecheck88
joecheck88's picture
I said he could be a D Wade

I said he could be a D Wade type player. Even in my next sentence I said athletically he isn't elite. I'm very sure everyone thinks D Wade is an elite athlete. Then watch the game tonight, he is going harder then everyone else.

RSS: Syndicate content