This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar uknation 12 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    paradigmn
    Participant

This is imo of course…theres’ still some games to be played in the regular season obviously….plus the conference tournaments….plus some of the teams were put together over a week ago…so there will be some snubs I am sure…but…for the most part it’s decent…you can click on all the player’s names for their season statistics….as well as the names of the schools for stats on that.

There’s all the conferences except Independents because there’s only like 3 teams…lol…the BIG 6 conferences…UNC Big East, etc, etc have 1st & 2nd teams with recent videos plus an All-Freshman squad…while all the other conferences have no videos and just one All-Freshman player.

Anyways…the most interesting (for people that want to learn about good players that aren’t talked about a lot) are looking at the player’s from smaller conferences…some are putting up some nice numbers.

Here is just one link….The All-Americans….at the bottom of the page you can click for all the conferences if you want.

http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/2012/02/2011-12-ncaa-basketball-all-american.html

The Team’s are definitely debatable (except for the Feshman squad…that’s pretty solid)…but I gave it the old COLLEGE try as they like to say…lol.

paradigmn
    Participant

HAPPY LEAP DAY!!!

Crazy day Feb 29th…it’s almost like it doesn’t exist…just found out Jah Rule is born on this day…so…I guess he’s like technically nine years old…ya I said it…Jah Rule…lol…dang…I could of definitely gone through the rest of my life forgetting that dude existed.

bdiddy5115
    Participant

Good stuff

sameolG
    Participant

I have a slower computer so I will never visit that site ever again… But good sh*t

Johnny Chill

Based off your slow computer and profile picture, I just want to let you know they Sonics dont exist anymore.

Critically Thinking
    Participant

you got suero as player of the year haha nice i got negged for saying good shit about him earlier…i agree with all your choices in the major six too cept mkg should be 1st team sec

Tiger1313
    Participant

John Shurna getting no love on All-American team?? Shouldn’t be 1st team but he’s the leading scorer of probably the best conference in the NCAA this year..I thought he’d be 2nd team for sure

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Drew Gordon is definitely more deserving of the Mountain West Player of the Year than Mike Moser. That is not to say Mike has not been fantastic, but Drew has New Mexico tied with SDSU for top of the conference. He also posted a 27 and 20 game on UNLV, with Moser being held to 8 and 4.

I have liked Mike a lot, he is a kid from Portland and he has had a great season. He has been a force on defense and is rebounding per game at the same rate as Gordon (10.9-10.7 for Drew, pretty much a wash). Mike has outscored Drew for the season, but I think that Drew has probably done better during conference play.

Also, Moser has only averaged 6.5 and 6.5 over his last 4 games. It is close, but I think Drew is more efficient, on a team that has done better in conference and the individual match-up I think swung it in his favor. Moser may be the more intriguing athlete, but Drew is a rugged PF who I think takes down MWC player of the year.

With the Pac-12, it is a tough conference to really give anyone Player of the Year, but I am not crazy about it being Terrence Ross. He just has not really stood out much to me. I know that people probably disagreed with my choice of Devoe Joseph, but I feel like he was much more valuable.

Devoe also outscored Terrence 17.1-15.3. I know Terrence grabs more rebounds, but Devoe is a deft passer and much more skilled overall scorer/shooter. Again, not comparing them as NBA prospects, but for this college season, I felt like Devoe was better and that the Ducks would not even be close 20-8 without him.

Washington is 20-8 as well, we split games where we killed each other at home and they have a better Pac-12 record, but also have much more talent and higher expectations than the Ducks did. I think Devoe should be a legitimate candidate, even with having to miss a lot of the early season due to injury. I feel these awards are usually heavily tilted to conference play and I think Joseph played better in conference than just about any player on a winning Pac-12 team this season.

Just two I slightly disagree on for POY, but well done as a whole. We could get into the conference teams, but I think that would take too long. Still, good work and I respect that it is indeed your opinion, just wanted to look at it from a slightly different angle on these two conference POY’s.

uknation
    Participant

What about Tony Mitchell on the all freshman team??? 15ppg 10reb a game for North Texas

McDunkin

look out for Dominique Morrison of Oral Roberts, as a 6’6" pg he will get looks as a second rounder and i think its a toss up between he and Wolters for Summit league POY

uknation
    Participant

I’m a UK fan and i think UK is better. I think Cuse is a very good team but they have more flaws especially rebounding. The also have more toruble when they aren’t playing in the state of N.Y (they rarely leave before the conference starts) and they tend to under achive once they get in the tournament.

MKG is far from overrated and he is clearly better than C.J Fair, that’s not even debateable. Melo shouldn’t be in the same sentence as Davis and the reason he doesn’t play as much is the fact that he’s a worst defender( the fouls tell you that 3fouls per game in 24min)

I’m not a very big fan of the “experience” factor because there are plenty of teams with a bunch of Sr’s who get knocked out in round one, i’m more of a fan of the talent factor that plays well together and plays good defense.

uknation
    Participant

^^^ wrong chat room

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login