This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar lilballa141 11 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    NCarmean18
    Participant

Kyle O’Quinn (Orlando Magic) –

Kyle O’Quinn played college ball at Norfolk State, and although he is relatively unknown, this young kid should have no problems at all making the Orlando Magic’s official roster, being drafted in the 2nd round of the 2012 NBA Draft and not being offered a guarenteed contract just yet.

Through his first two games in the summer league, O’Quinn has played very good basketball.  He has been as efficient as bigs come on offense, averaging double digit points on 67% shooting from the floor.  He has struggled some however from the free throw line, but giving that he has only taken 7 shots from the stripe, it’s hard to pass judgement just yet.  

O’Quinn has been a monster on the offensive glass during his short tenure in the summer league, but has really struggled to pull down a solid amount of rebounds consistantly.  One reason may be that his teammate, Andrew Nicholson, is on the glass working at it each and every possession, and he really takes away from O’Quinn’s numbers.  This really isn’t a problem however, as O’Quinn has still shown signs of being a very good player in this league.  

What I’m looking forward to seeing from O’Quinn in upcoming games:

• The only thing I’m really looking for O’Quinn to be a little more aggressive on the glass, and look to pull down more rebounds.  
    JoeWolf1

O’Quinn is the man, I think he’s this year’s LaVoy Allen.  An absolute steal at 49, especially because he has the size to play some minutes at center.  I think he’s a 10 year pro as a solid rotation big man.

WizardofOz
    Participant

He is undoubtably one of the strongest players here and is really leaving his mark in the paint. Might be able to crack a rotation if he can continue to assert himself through training camp. He is just a man amongst boys at this point.

NCarmean18
    Participant

You guys are both correct.  O’Quinn lead Norfolk State past a #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.  The dude is an absolute beast, and should be around the league for a long time.  He reminds me a little bit of Omer Asik with his great energy on the floor.  

FastAndFurious
    Participant

That’s the plus about staying all 4 years in school, you may not have as much upside as a freshman, but you come into the NBA as a MAN, and can contribute right away.

lilballa141
    Participant

wooooooooo puttin on for the 757…. even though i still havent heard anyone pronounce norfolk state correctly though

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login