This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JoeWolf1 11 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Wahoo757
    Participant

With the combine only a couple days away, I thought it would be fun to predict the best and worst measurables at the combine. Here’s mine:

Height: Tallest-Meyers Leonard 7’0.5″ Shortest-Tu Holloway-5’11”

Weight: Heaviest-Andre Drummond 269 pounds Lightest-Will Barton 178 pounds

Wingspan: Longest-Kyle O’ Quinn 7’5″ Shortest-Jordan Taylor 6’3″

Body Fat %: Highest-Royce White 16% Lowest-Anthony Davis 5%

Bench Press: Most-Thomas Robinson 20 reps Least-Will Barton 1 rep

Max Vert: Highest-Jared Cunningham 43 inches Lowest-Robbie Hummel 24 inches

Lane Agility:Quickest-Austin Rivers 10.15 seconds Slowest-Henry Sims 12.90 seconds

3/4 Court Sprint:Fastest-Marquis Teague 3.05 seconds Slowest-Kyle O’ Quinn 3.54 seconds

Most impressive-Andre Drummond-he’s going to show how much of a physical freak he is, I wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes near the top of the 3/4 court sprint despite the fact he’s 6’11” 270.

Least impressive-Kendall Marshall-Out of the highly touted prospects, I think Marshall’s going to be the most disappointing. I love Kendall Marshall as a prospect, but this isn’t his ideal environment. He’s more of a gamer than anything, and his measureables aren’t going to be pretty compared to the other 1st round PG prospects (Damian Lillard, Marquis Teague, Tony Wroten, Tyshawn Taylor).

JoeWolf1

Forgetting Mr. Sidney? lol

He was 303 a week ago

Moon River
    Participant

Very generous at 24.

I like Marshall too and agree his measurables will not be great.  Reminds me of Andre Miller.

JoeWolf1

I assumed, he was going to crash….

Yes, I did, haha, sorry.  I do like your list, though.

Wahoo757
    Participant

Are you forgetting Renardo Sidney wasn’t invited to the combine? I forget nothing.

JoeWolf1

One thing that I didn’t forget is that John Henson is rumored to have a 7’6” wingspan.  Even if it’s not quite that long, he has the possibility to overtake O’Quinn’s 7’5” measurement.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

LOL, that is one of the funnier and more d-baggy responses I have seen in a while to someone leaving something our or giving possible misinformation (though I would like to think you were being sarcastic, so I give you the benefit of the doubt). One thing I also want to challenge is Drummond being the heaviest player at the combine. Certainly possible, but minus Sidney, there are a few candidates.

Now, I know he has lost a lot of weight, but I am going to go with Jared Sullinger weighing more or close to as much as Andre Drummond. Just last summer Sully measured at 280 at the LeBron camp. I know he has apparently lost more weight and is probably trying to come in svelte, but I think there are chances he hits 270 something.

Plus, am I the only person who thinks Fab Melo being "240-250" is a complete effing misnomer? If he is, that is great, but odds are that he is close to Drummond range as well. I honestly would rather him be closer to Drummond range as opposed to having a high body fat content at a lower weight. I guess my point is, if Drummond measures with the heighest weight, that would be completely in his favor as he carries it quite well, not to mention the athleticism behind it.Where do you get Jared Cunningham jumping a 43? He definitely has a chance too, that kid is a big time athlete, just wondering where you heard the stat or if it was just a prediction (as is the title of the thread, but usually there is some back-up research). Looking at the combine list, think you are probably dead on about Cunningham jumping the highest, regardless of the exact height being right.

Think I will fight the Anthony Davis lowest body fat as well, though. Cunningham and Will Barton might be lower. Will also be intrigued to see what Mike Kidd-Gilchrist hits, bet he will have a really low body fat. As far as high, think it will be a fight between Royce and Sullinger. Will be very intrigued to see how big Royce is when he gets measured, as he was listed as being around 270. Will see in a few days, excited to get the results, even if their meaning tends to be overstated more often than not in my mind.

One last thing: think Andre Drummond will have the longest wing span. Know it is in the 7’5 range, even with Henson (apparently 7’6), Anthony Davis (apparently is 8’6. yes, this is a huge exaggeration tended to jest at the folks who believe he has the longest arms in the history of man) and of course the impressive reach of Kyle O’Quinn. Going with Drummond for longest wing span, may be wrong, but he will be impressive in this category.

Wahoo757
    Participant

I’ve heard 7-6 too, but nbadraft.net says 7-4 that’s why I said Kyle O’ Quinn in my predictions.

Wahoo757
    Participant

I’m assuming the d-baggy thing I said was ‘I forget nothing.’ That was complete sarcasm, sarcasm is a second language to me which doesn’t always expeess itself online.

Sullinger I think has lost more weight than people believe. He was 290 his freshman year but he dieted and exercised plenty and was 269 in September 2011. He has continued his regimen and he probably lost another 5-10 pounds so I’m expecting high 250s-low 260s for Sullinger, with Drummond barely outweighing him. It’ll be close though, we’ll see.

I read Jared Cunningham had a 44 inch vert his freshman yea at Oregon State, so I’m guessing he’ll jump somewhere near that.

Anthony Davis for lowest body fat % was just a guess. I was between him and Barton, but I went with Davis just so I could get his name somewhere on the list.

JoeWolf1

^It’s very hard to convey sarcasm with text. I run into that too from time to time.

Just another thing to throw out there for the sake of conversation, is that it wouldn’t surprise me if Thomas Robinson was only around 4 % body fat.  When I used to live in Lawrence, KS, they would give out team posters to businesses and such and the team picture you could see his six pack through an under armor shirt.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Agreed with Joewolf, I hung out in Lawerence two summers ago with my buddy who was a freshman on the team at that point and I spent the whole time we were there with TRob and he was going into his sophomore year and I barely knew who he was but was shocked when I first saw him walk through the door with a tank top, he is a freak physically, the vein on his bicep was bigger than my bicep

iguapops420
    Participant

My guess would be Cunningham with the highest vert as well unless there is a surprise workout warrior like Plumlee. Longest wingspan is going to go to Henson or Davis IMO. I honestly think that they are going to meaure out almost identical from top to bottom. Davis may have a better lateral quicks or full court sprint.

TRC1991
    Participant

I bet Will Barton gets at least 3 or 4 reps at 185… he’s not a strong person by any means but he’s wiry and you have to have some sort of upper body toughness to be able to grab 8 boards a game like he was able to do

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Also, I did say I assumed it was sarcasm and gave you the benefit of the doubt (which was a +1 for a good laugh). Thank you for alleviating any concerns I had that you were actually a person that would say that and mean it, lol. Also, good point about Thomas Robinson, Joe. Will be intriguing to see if he and Anthony are around the same body fat %, though obviously both of them carrying their weight much differently.

Also, TC, I agree that Barton could probably get more than 1 rep. Still, think about the fact that Kevin Durant lifted no reps in 2007 and averaged 11.1 rpg. Weight is definitely a factor in establishing rebounding position, but there are many others as well. Think that Durant had length and instinct on his side, whereas Barton also has athleticism going for him. Plus, he was much more aggressive than his teammates, especially considering Memphis lacked competent big guys.

iguapops420
    Participant

Durant got 11 rpg by being just a shade under 7ft and having a 7’5 wingspan. His abnormally long wingspan is also the reason for  not having any reps. The longer you arms, the further up you have to lift the bar. The same thing happened to Shawne Williams in 2006.

chalbur17
    Participant

Nobody gives this guy enough respect.  Back in October, White bench pressed 185 28 times – that’s ridiculous.  Rumour has it, though, that he will have to sit out the bench press due to neck spasms.  Otherwise, White would have had the best shot of anyone to break the record of 26 reps.  He clocked in at 260.6 pounds with 10.6% body fat; not even close to the 16% that you previously predicted.  Additionally, Royce was measured as having the largest hands out of anyone at the combine.  This man is a physical specimen and a mental enigma; he will excell in the NBA.

JNixon
    Participant

Yeah Royce White is a MONSTER physically.

WizardofOz
      Participant

^^Iggy, are you still doing scouting reports for the 60 best prospects in the draft.

JNixon
    Participant

Yeah, just been busy lately. I got ya tomorrow and for the rest of the days

kaanyrvhok
    Participant

And Sullinger will surprise like Kevin Love did.

So Drummond, Robinsons, White, Plumlee, Zeller and T Jones will all run faster than the average 2 guard and Sullinger will run faster than the average SF.

kaanyrvhok
    Participant

There were three bigs with PG speed. I consider PG speed 3.25 and lower. Robinson, Jones and Moultrie all had PG speed. Ezeli, Plumlee, and Drummond had swingman speed

This suprise was how fast the top SFs were. Barnes, MKG, were 1 and 2

Another surprise was how slow Barton was considering how thin he is and I expected Sullinger to prove the critics wrong. He simply has fat legs. It shouldnt keep him from running in the NBA. Sam Young and Blair were combine slow but they can fill a fastbreak lane no problemo.

JoeWolf1

I don’t want to nit pick, but Kevin Love really helped himself out by the combine….35” max vert, 3.22 3/4 sprint, 11.17 lane agility and 17 reps on bench, did not disappoint anyone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login