This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar llperez 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

http://espn.go.com/high-school/boys-basketball/story/_/id/7549076/2012-mcdonald-all-american-game-boys-rosters

Guess "username" was speaking the truth when it came down to McGary, Tarczewski and Ledo, because none of them made it. I cry shenanigans against the list of nominees I found, than. Here was my prediction post (that mistakingly included the three aforementioned players):

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/2012-mcdonalds-all-american-predictions

For those too lazy to click on the link, here are the actual rosters:

East

SF Kyle Anderson, UCLA

C DaJuan Coleman, Syracuse

PG Kris Dunn, Providence

PF Perry Ellis, Kansas

PF Shaq Goodwin, Memphis

SG Gary Harris, Michigan State

PF Amile Jefferson, Undecided

PG Tyler Lewis, NC State

PF Tony Parker, Undecided

SF Alex Poythress, Kentucky

SG Rodney Purvis, NC State

SF TJ Warren, NC State

West

PF Brandon Ashley, Arizona

C Isaiah Austin, Baylor

PF Anthony Bennett, Undecided

PG Yogi Ferrell, Indiana

SG Archie Goodwin, Kentucky

PF Grant Jerrett, Arizona

SF Shabazz Muhammad, Undecided

PF Devonta Pollard, Undecided

C Cameron Ridley, Texas

SG Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State

SG Rasheed Sulaimon, Duke

21 out of 24 are rated in the ESPN top 30. I missed on Devonta Pollard, TJ Warren, Tony Parker and Shaq Goodwin. Granted, three of those were with players obviously ineligible and Sam Dekker, whom I swore Dave Telep would get into this game (he has been very high on him). Still, looks like a solid list for the most part, though a tad unfortunate that a few big names got left out.

Let’s hope that we get to see some of them compete in the Hoop Summit? At the very least, would love to see Steven Adams go up against Nerlens Noel in that game. Nerlens has Haitian parents, but was born in the States. Seeing that he was not chosen for the Jordan Classic either, Hoop Summit could be a chance to play in an All-Star setting.

McDunkin

I agree with you Mikey I remember seeing 5th year players on the official list of candidates

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

They are on the list and than the voters, I guess, say "These guys can’t make it". My question is, why have them on the list? Unless I was hallucinating, McGary, Tarczewski and Ledo were on the list. If they were ineligible, why were they even nominees, lol?  

Fritz
    Participant

With 3 All Americans coming in, Tyler Lewis, Rodney Purvis, And Tj Warren are going to do their best to bring NC State back in the mix with UNC and Duke in the Carolina Rivalry. It could take a couple years but Mark Gottfried has this program headed in the right direction.

Not to mention, Amile Jefferson, also an all american is considering NC State along with Duke. Add them with CJ Leslie (potential 1st rounder) and Lorenzo Brown and Ryan Howell (potential 2nd rounders) and one of the best shooters in the country Scott Wood (recently broke the ACC record for consecutive freethrows) and this could be a scary team next year.

paradigmn
    Participant

But…should still be a pretty fun game.  I have some media credentials for the event…so…I will be attending it live from the Chi!!!

Mikey already gave the rosters…but…for anyone that wants to learn more about the players and see highlights of all the ballers in the event…I put a quick slideshow together of the players featured.  Enlarge the sldeshow then click "Show Info" on the upper right hand corner for more information about the players.  After the slideshow’s there is a 3 minute highlight video of all the players in the game.

http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/2012/02/2012-mcdonalds-high-school-basketball.html

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Should be fun, wonder who will stand out besides Shabazz Muhammad and Kyle Anderson. Sure those two guys will kill it. NoMoney and I will be holding down the Hoop Summit once again. Can’t wait, even though I know that this class is not supposed to be the deepest. Hoping to get a few guys who did not crack McD’s. This would be my ultimate hope for Hoop Summit rosters:

USA

PG Kris Dunn

PG Kyle Anderson

SG Rodney Purvis

SG Rasheed Sulaimon

SF Shabazz Muhammad

SF Alex Poythress

PF Brandon Ashley

PF/C Nerlens Noel

C Isaiah Austin

C Kaleb Tarczewski

International

PF Anthony Bennett, Canada

C Steven Adams, New Zealand

SF Dario Saric, Croatia (Played in it last year, but Alexis Ajinca also was in it twice. Hope to see him with a year more experience)

SG/SF Mario Hezonja, Croatia

PF/C Rasmus Larsen, Denmark

C Joel James, Jamaica

PF Hanner Perea, Colombia

SF/PF Wannah Bail, Bahamas

PG/SG Nikola Ivanovic, Montenegro

SG/SF Nik Stauskas, Canada

PG/SG Amadeo delle Valle, Italy

PG Jaime Fernandez, Spain

Truly have little idea of the International guys who will play, but really want to see Bennett, Adams, Perea and hopefully the Croatian duo. We should be able to see both the practices and the game, so should get some really good stuff, regardless who gets chosen. Still really hope we get a few future lotto guys 🙂

llperez

hopefully shabazz joins andersen in ucla. With the newly renovated arena opening up next year, it should be a great place to come and play. Smith, the wear twins and tyler lamb will all be back

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login