This topic contains 28 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Toronto16 8 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    ZachAttack
    Participant

I’ve gotta say, I’ve been thinking about this question quite a bit lately. Who would have won a playoff series with the 2012 Heat vs the 2015 Warriors. Just take a look at these amazing matchups

PG: Chalmers vs Curry

Now, Curry would definitely win this battle. They’re not even on the same level. But, I’m sure that Chalmers would have given Steph the same hard time Delly did, not on the defensive end so much but the offensive end. He’s a guy Curry would have to guard. And couldn’t just leave him open

SG: Thompson vs. Wade

Here’s where the fun matchups would begin. Back then, Wade was still quite a good player that could lead the team. Thompson is quite a threat right now and Wade was one at the time. It would be a crazy challenge for both players with Wade always attacking and Thompson always splashing the three. This would probably be the closest matchup.

SF: Battier vs. Iguodala

This would be kind of a boring matchup, neither of them are scoring threats and they are both great defenders so neither of them would be scoring a whole lot. It’d be good to see if Battier could hit those clutch threes that he hit if Iggy were guarding him. Both clutch players and so that’d be a cool thing to see

PF: James vs. Green

This would be the best matchup of all of them. Does Green have a chance against Lebron?? Can Green score with Lebron on him, would he be as useful as he was in the last year’s finals? Lebron would likely score no matter who was guarding him, but with an elite defender on him plus 2 other guys who can score in Wade and Bosh, he’d probably stay around the 20 ppg mark rather than 40 like last year.

C: Bosh vs. Bogut

Bogut was an elite defender last year, Bosh was a very good scorer at that time too. Bogut couldn’t really score, Bosh was a pretty good defender. I think that Bogut could hold Bosh to about 13-15 ppg and Bosh would probably hold Bogut to 5-7 ppg. This matchup would be interesting to see though, because we all know that Bogut can get under the skin of players. Will that affect Bosh at all?

So now, you can decide! Who do you think would win this matchup. As much as I don’t want to say it, I’d have to go with the 2012 Heat, they had 3 scoring threats that would score quite a bit, I really would enjoy to see this matchup. What do all of you guys think?

SubZero
    Participant

Bosh drawing Bogut out of the paint would’ve left the lane wide open for Lebron and Wade to penetrate as opposed to being able to sit under the goal when Mozgov or Tristan Thompson were in

SubZero
    Participant

Bosh drawing Bogut out of the paint would’ve left the lane wide open for Lebron and Wade to penetrate as opposed to being able to sit under the goal when Mozgov or Tristan Thompson were in

ballislyfe25
      Participant

Bosh’s ability to drag Bogut out of the paint would allow LeBron and Wade to post up as well, where they both did a lot of work during their run together. Kerr would probably counter by doing what he did against Cleveland and bench Bogut and to play Draymond at the 5 on Bosh. At this point I think Spolestra can go big or small, whichever seems to be working better. 

Give me Miami in this series, in 5 or 6 games. I don’t think this team gets enough credit yet for how special they really were. Yes, they played in the East but Spolestra got the best out of a player during his prime years who will one day arguably be the best ever in LeBron. He was given the pieces to be great and he came through. Bosh doesn’t get enough credit either, as he was absolutely phenomenal defensively and came through when needed on the offensive end. This team also had 3 players who could legitimately hold their own switching through 5 positions in James, Bosh, and Battier. I hated this Miami team at first but they really were a special and revolutionary team.

ballislyfe25
      Participant

Bosh’s ability to drag Bogut out of the paint would allow LeBron and Wade to post up as well, where they both did a lot of work during their run together. Kerr would probably counter by doing what he did against Cleveland and bench Bogut and to play Draymond at the 5 on Bosh. At this point I think Spolestra can go big or small, whichever seems to be working better. 

Give me Miami in this series, in 5 or 6 games. I don’t think this team gets enough credit yet for how special they really were. Yes, they played in the East but Spolestra got the best out of a player during his prime years who will one day arguably be the best ever in LeBron. He was given the pieces to be great and he came through. Bosh doesn’t get enough credit either, as he was absolutely phenomenal defensively and came through when needed on the offensive end. This team also had 3 players who could legitimately hold their own switching through 5 positions in James, Bosh, and Battier. I hated this Miami team at first but they really were a special and revolutionary team.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I don’t think bogut would be much of a factor in this series. You would probably see gs play a lot of small ball with green at center and barnes igoudala at pf. I think gs has the deeper team overall but itd be hard for me to pick against a prime lebron and younger healthier versions of Wade and bosh. I’d say heat in 6.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I don’t think bogut would be much of a factor in this series. You would probably see gs play a lot of small ball with green at center and barnes igoudala at pf. I think gs has the deeper team overall but itd be hard for me to pick against a prime lebron and younger healthier versions of Wade and bosh. I’d say heat in 6.

wonzi_bells
    Participant

Does it just have to be these matchups? 

Iguodala guarded LeBron 49.5% of the time in the 2015 NBA Finals and held him to 33% shooting (18-54). Things would be quite different with prime-LeBron in 2012, along with prime-Wade and prime-Bosh, but I still think he’d warrant most of the defensive possessions on him.

Actually, I think Bogut would get fazed out of the series as he did in the past Finals by either inserting Ezeli or going small-ball with Draymond Green to guard Chris Bosh, Iggy guarding LeBron and Harrison Barnes on Battier. The difference for Green and Izeli though is Bosh can take advantage of you in the post that Tristan Thompson and Timofey Mozgov couldn’t do. However, Bosh didn’t shoot threes then, so I don’t know how’d it effect there offensive strategy and spacing and maybe Bogut would still play big minutes then.

This wasn’t the Heat’s best or deepest roster. That’d be the 2012-13 Heat that went 66-16 with new additions in Ray Allen and Chris Andersen while the 2011-12 Heat team went 46-20 in the lockout season, which extrapolates to 58-24 in an 82 games season. 

Nevertheless, I still would go with the Heat. I couldn’t bet against that prime Heat team. The rotation players on that squad would just end up playing major minutes to neutralize the lack of depth.

wonzi_bells
    Participant

Does it just have to be these matchups? 

Iguodala guarded LeBron 49.5% of the time in the 2015 NBA Finals and held him to 33% shooting (18-54). Things would be quite different with prime-LeBron in 2012, along with prime-Wade and prime-Bosh, but I still think he’d warrant most of the defensive possessions on him.

Actually, I think Bogut would get fazed out of the series as he did in the past Finals by either inserting Ezeli or going small-ball with Draymond Green to guard Chris Bosh, Iggy guarding LeBron and Harrison Barnes on Battier. The difference for Green and Izeli though is Bosh can take advantage of you in the post that Tristan Thompson and Timofey Mozgov couldn’t do. However, Bosh didn’t shoot threes then, so I don’t know how’d it effect there offensive strategy and spacing and maybe Bogut would still play big minutes then.

This wasn’t the Heat’s best or deepest roster. That’d be the 2012-13 Heat that went 66-16 with new additions in Ray Allen and Chris Andersen while the 2011-12 Heat team went 46-20 in the lockout season, which extrapolates to 58-24 in an 82 games season. 

Nevertheless, I still would go with the Heat. I couldn’t bet against that prime Heat team. The rotation players on that squad would just end up playing major minutes to neutralize the lack of depth.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

This Warriors team is set up to be a dynasty.  

They look like a modified version of the LeBron Heat teams with even more shooting and scoring from the wing and versatile bigs in a hybrid "small ball" offensive/defensive scheme.  

Bogut vs. Bosh could be the key matchup but it would obviously depend on health.

Iggy would guard LeBron so then it would be Draymond or Harrison Barnes matching up with Shane Battier and Udonis Haslem.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

This Warriors team is set up to be a dynasty.  

They look like a modified version of the LeBron Heat teams with even more shooting and scoring from the wing and versatile bigs in a hybrid "small ball" offensive/defensive scheme.  

Bogut vs. Bosh could be the key matchup but it would obviously depend on health.

Iggy would guard LeBron so then it would be Draymond or Harrison Barnes matching up with Shane Battier and Udonis Haslem.

Stop_basketball_nonsense
    Participant

I understand that we’re being gentlemen about this but, can we call it what it is? We are talking about the big 3 all in their prime. 

Chalmers atleasr hassles curry a little bitmore than delly, just because chalmers can create his owon shot & I feel he would make curry work on defense more than 1 game. Still advantage curry

I think miller is definitely a better shooter than j.r. who looked sad in the 2015 finals. I also think battier is an upgrade over shump, who did play hurt, but still Battier could still guard multiple positions& is a better 3pt shooter who also can score the ball better than shump.

Also I think Joel added almost as much as Thompson did in the 2015 finals, but slightly less talented.

Now prime lebron. I get it iggy is the toughest match up but while that is true lebron still is going to average around 30. Who stops wade? Thompson? Can’t call on green he will be too.busy trying to chasing Battier& like what has already been said bosh is going to have walk in the park pulling bogut away from the paint, then who protects the rim?. Barnes in my opinion gets cancelled out by miller & by the time lebron& wade finish their clinic Livingston,ezeli,or speights’ contributions won’t even matter.

Everybody just saw how the warriors had to play 4on 1 at times on lebron in the finals, so my. Question to you Zachattack is how do you see this being any fun to watch? Didnt lebron with help from movgov, thompson,shump,smith,delly& jones win 2 games in the finals& They couldnt stop lebron, what about prime lebron, & how do they have the man power to keep up with wade? If you put green on bosh, bosh still can shoot over him, & there is less rim.protection with bogut out and green @ the 5! This my nbadraft.net basketball lovers is a series destined for the heat to win 4-2,& the 2 is a maybe.

Stop_basketball_nonsense
    Participant

I understand that we’re being gentlemen about this but, can we call it what it is? We are talking about the big 3 all in their prime. 

Chalmers atleasr hassles curry a little bitmore than delly, just because chalmers can create his owon shot & I feel he would make curry work on defense more than 1 game. Still advantage curry

I think miller is definitely a better shooter than j.r. who looked sad in the 2015 finals. I also think battier is an upgrade over shump, who did play hurt, but still Battier could still guard multiple positions& is a better 3pt shooter who also can score the ball better than shump.

Also I think Joel added almost as much as Thompson did in the 2015 finals, but slightly less talented.

Now prime lebron. I get it iggy is the toughest match up but while that is true lebron still is going to average around 30. Who stops wade? Thompson? Can’t call on green he will be too.busy trying to chasing Battier& like what has already been said bosh is going to have walk in the park pulling bogut away from the paint, then who protects the rim?. Barnes in my opinion gets cancelled out by miller & by the time lebron& wade finish their clinic Livingston,ezeli,or speights’ contributions won’t even matter.

Everybody just saw how the warriors had to play 4on 1 at times on lebron in the finals, so my. Question to you Zachattack is how do you see this being any fun to watch? Didnt lebron with help from movgov, thompson,shump,smith,delly& jones win 2 games in the finals& They couldnt stop lebron, what about prime lebron, & how do they have the man power to keep up with wade? If you put green on bosh, bosh still can shoot over him, & there is less rim.protection with bogut out and green @ the 5! This my nbadraft.net basketball lovers is a series destined for the heat to win 4-2,& the 2 is a maybe.

ZachAttack
      Participant

I just think that we witnessed one of the greatest teams of all time this past season with the GSW and we witnessed another one with the Heat in 2012. That’s 2 of the best all time teams in the past 3 years! There’s just so much scoring power, on both of those teams. I mean you’re sounding like Curry and Thompson and heck even Green will just be average players, but they didn’t play average all year long. They played amazing! That’s why they got the #1 seed in the west. I understood that the Heat would likely win the series as stated in the original post. But it would be fun to watch these teams go back and forth with Lebron making a shot then Curry turning around and hitting one, then Wade, and you know what I mean. I wasn’t necessarily saying it’d be a close series (although I kinda thought it would) but it’d just be fun to see.

ZachAttack
      Participant

I just think that we witnessed one of the greatest teams of all time this past season with the GSW and we witnessed another one with the Heat in 2012. That’s 2 of the best all time teams in the past 3 years! There’s just so much scoring power, on both of those teams. I mean you’re sounding like Curry and Thompson and heck even Green will just be average players, but they didn’t play average all year long. They played amazing! That’s why they got the #1 seed in the west. I understood that the Heat would likely win the series as stated in the original post. But it would be fun to watch these teams go back and forth with Lebron making a shot then Curry turning around and hitting one, then Wade, and you know what I mean. I wasn’t necessarily saying it’d be a close series (although I kinda thought it would) but it’d just be fun to see.

SubZero
        Participant

Let’s not forget about the 2014 Spurs who in the Finals played the best basketball I’ve ever seen and absolutely destroyed the Heat

SubZero
        Participant

Let’s not forget about the 2014 Spurs who in the Finals played the best basketball I’ve ever seen and absolutely destroyed the Heat

sitlbito
        Participant

ZachAttack you compared the 2012 heat to the 2015 Warriors but…don’t you think the 2013 Heat team was better?

ZachAttack
          Participant

I think that everyone else thinks that the 2013 Heat Team was better. But, the 2012 Heat team was better imo. They didn’t have as much wins as the 2013 team but they were playing outstanding ball, especially after a lockout season, they were probably all a little rusty. But they pulled it all together and was a dominant team. I’m not denying that the 2013 team wasn’t good because I know it was, otherwise many would say they’re not. But given the circumstances, I think that 2012 was overall better.

ZachAttack
          Participant

I think that everyone else thinks that the 2013 Heat Team was better. But, the 2012 Heat team was better imo. They didn’t have as much wins as the 2013 team but they were playing outstanding ball, especially after a lockout season, they were probably all a little rusty. But they pulled it all together and was a dominant team. I’m not denying that the 2013 team wasn’t good because I know it was, otherwise many would say they’re not. But given the circumstances, I think that 2012 was overall better.

sitlbito
        Participant

ZachAttack you compared the 2012 heat to the 2015 Warriors but…don’t you think the 2013 Heat team was better?

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I’d go with the 2015 67-15 Warriors over 2012 46-20 (lockout season) Heat. I actually think the better matchup would be vs the 2013 Heat. 

I’d go with the Warriors in six games because they have more depth and are the more complete team at both ends. Offensively, the numbers say they’re better. Better spacing, passing/ball movement, shooting and I just feel they have the right offensive personnel, playmakers, versatility and play calling to handle the Heat’s defense. They’re also the better rebounding team. 

Defensively, it’s close, but the numbers say the Warriors are better as well. They’re the better rim protecting team (Joel Anthony was Heat’s best rim protector), plus held their opponents to lower shooting percentages. The Heat were better at forcing turnovers, but I feel the Warriors are the better defensive team overall with their size, versatility (going small with Draymond Green at center to matchup up with Chris Bosh) and length. Nobody can stop LeBron, but Andre Iguodala does a phenomenal job. 

The Warriors dominated the 2014-2015 season… They beat teams by an average of 10 points per game in a deep western conference. The last team to win by a margin of 10 points per game was the 2007-2008 Celtics. I think the 2015 Warriors would match up well with both the 2013 Heat and 2014 Spurs. 

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I’d go with the 2015 67-15 Warriors over 2012 46-20 (lockout season) Heat. I actually think the better matchup would be vs the 2013 Heat. 

I’d go with the Warriors in six games because they have more depth and are the more complete team at both ends. Offensively, the numbers say they’re better. Better spacing, passing/ball movement, shooting and I just feel they have the right offensive personnel, playmakers, versatility and play calling to handle the Heat’s defense. They’re also the better rebounding team. 

Defensively, it’s close, but the numbers say the Warriors are better as well. They’re the better rim protecting team (Joel Anthony was Heat’s best rim protector), plus held their opponents to lower shooting percentages. The Heat were better at forcing turnovers, but I feel the Warriors are the better defensive team overall with their size, versatility (going small with Draymond Green at center to matchup up with Chris Bosh) and length. Nobody can stop LeBron, but Andre Iguodala does a phenomenal job. 

The Warriors dominated the 2014-2015 season… They beat teams by an average of 10 points per game in a deep western conference. The last team to win by a margin of 10 points per game was the 2007-2008 Celtics. I think the 2015 Warriors would match up well with both the 2013 Heat and 2014 Spurs. 

Greek-Baller

Of course Indiana your going with the Warriors because the heat gave it to your pacers every god damn year.. smh.. The warriors had a really overrated playoff run, they face injured team every series while avoiding the Clippers, Spurs and Thunder who would have eaten them alive.. please bandwagonners leave..

– Greek-Baller

Greek-Baller

Of course Indiana your going with the Warriors because the heat gave it to your pacers every god damn year.. smh.. The warriors had a really overrated playoff run, they face injured team every series while avoiding the Clippers, Spurs and Thunder who would have eaten them alive.. please bandwagonners leave..

– Greek-Baller

sheltwon3
    Participant

Would GSW just got small Ball which gives them a better line up. 

Draymond Green on Bosh

Iggy on Lebron

Barnes on Battier

Thompson on Wade

Curry on Chalmers

GSW also has more depth so they would win but it would be a good match up

sheltwon3
    Participant

Would GSW just got small Ball which gives them a better line up. 

Draymond Green on Bosh

Iggy on Lebron

Barnes on Battier

Thompson on Wade

Curry on Chalmers

GSW also has more depth so they would win but it would be a good match up

Toronto16
    Participant

The Warriors barely beat a depleted Cavs team with an older Lebron, highly doubt they beat Heat. The Heat basically started this small ball era that we are in so the Warriors would not have that advantage.

Toronto16
    Participant

The Warriors barely beat a depleted Cavs team with an older Lebron, highly doubt they beat Heat. The Heat basically started this small ball era that we are in so the Warriors would not have that advantage.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login