This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar derozan10 13 years ago.

• Author
    jjonz
    Participant

Because you saw so much potential in MJaric that you traded SCassell & 2012’s Unprotected pick for a guy whoPlayed 18 TOTAL games for your franchise. TWolves will lose tons of games next year and give the Clipps a Top 5 pick in a Top Heavy deep draft with a few perenial-allstars, maybe even a HOFer. This was a Colossal Mistake, DKahn has made a few blunders as well as 2 good moves (Beas&ARand) but this problem was the previous regime mistake. Anyway how does this line up look for the 2012 Clipps. Who i thnk have to make a Run for the 8th Spot in West Next year, they have a young star & to make BGriff relevant beyond SC Highlights he has to play meaningful games in March.

2012 Clips. This is where it gets interesting The TWolves pick will be in the Top 5 next year and whoever WoW’s next year in College Could be Considered a #1 pick, assuming TWolves win between 15-25 games. (And with their Current Talent base i don’t see anyone in this upcoming draft that will upgrade them from their customary lottery expectations). So here are the players that Clipps can evaluate next year

PG/SG ARivers

Wings MacAdoo/Barnes/QMiller/PJones

Plug in any one of those players with the Current talent & you have a Core that could be scary.

ARivers

EGordon

Amniu/or MacAdoo QMiller or PJones

BGrizzy

DAJ

Bench Whatever Value they get for Kaman

MWilliams (If he’s not included in the Kaman Trade)

Their Own 14-16th Pick in 2012 draft.

Or another Scenario can Arise

How about MoWill/Aminu/2012 Twolves & a Future 1st to

Magic for DHoward/Hedo/JNelson

This could work for both teams Magic rebuild with 2 young pieces & the Clipps Have get to put a SStar next to their Young budding Star.

JNelson

EG

Hedo

BG

D12

DAJ as a backup or trade bait

Either scernario will work fine. The Clipps have a bright future thanks to KMcHale.

WizardofOz
    Participant

Yeah. KAAHHHNNNNN!!! (or McHale) strikes again!

But I don’t think Austin Rivers would be a good fit to Gordon. He’s NOT a PG IMO.

GlenTaylorSucks
    Participant

The Magic would NEVER do that trade. One draft pick is not *that* valuable, no matter how high. They’ll want at least 2 first rounders, and more back than Aminu and Mo. I bet they’d ask for DeAndre Jordan as well.

Additionally, screw McHale. I bet it’s more likely that the Wolves try to trade back for that pick, than it is that the Clips will use that pick to get Howard.

M-DYMES
    Participant

Don’t count your chips just yet bro.  I’ve seen crazy things happen and the Wolves do have potential.  Give them a solid coach, Rubio, and have some improvement during the summer, maybe they win and push that pick out of the top 5. 

That’s wishful thinking on my part for the Wolves sake.  Anyone know what happens with the draft order if a lockout lasts the entire season?

NYCarolina
    Participant

How is it more likely they trade back for the pick? What would they give up for that pick?

Also, I think the Clippers probably move the pick as well for Dwight Howard. In a star studded class, Orlando should do that deal mid season, that way, they could tank ( excuse me, miss the playoffs slightly) and get that MIN pick, which will be in the top 3-6.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Honestly that team would win some games, especially if Bledsoe and Aminu develops properly. Gordon, Blake and Howard would do some damage. Very unlikely scenerio thouggh.

sheltwon3
    Participant

I think Jordan and 2 first round picks should get it done and Kaman’s expiring.  They are also taking on some back contracts like Hedo’s.  That deal would be comparable to a Lakers deal that will probably not be made giving Gasol/Bynum for Nelson/Howard or NJ giving Brook Lopez and some filler along with 2 first round picks.

derozan10
    Participant

it would be hilarious if the twolves all of a sudden played great and got into the playoffs and that pick was only in the ~20’s

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login