2012-2013 Top Incoming Transfers

TaylorCondrin
TaylorCondrin's picture
2012-2013 Top Incoming Transfers

1) F/C Aaric Murray, West Virginia (via LaSalle)

Why? Murray is a solid 6'10'' 250 pounder who can score both facing the basket and with his back to it. He provides a much needed inside presence for the mountaineers with the ensuing loss of Kevin Jones. Pairing he and Deniz Kilicili along with fellow transfer Juwan Staten from Dayton and this team could make a push in the big east. Murray was arrested for possessing marijuana in December but I highly doubt that affects his time spent on the court this season.

2) PG Ryan Harrow, Kentucky (via NC State)

Why? Harrow is lightning quick and has impressive handles but the most important thing about his presence on the UK roster is that he's a true point guard. With Marquis Teague bolting for the NBA draft, Harrow will have high expectations in Lexington to lead a completely overhauled Wildcat squad back to the tourney.

3) PG Juwan Staten, West Virginia (via Dayton)

Why? Staten, whom I mentioned above, had an impressive freshman year at Dayton averaging 8.5 ppg and 5.4 apg back in 2010-2011. With the loss of Truck Bryant, WVU desperately needs big time production from Staten who, along with Gary Browne, Jabarie Hinds and Aaron Brown could produce an exciting backcourt in Morgantown.

4) SG Rotnei Clarke, Butler (via Arkansas)

Why? You probably remember Clarke from when he torched Alcorn State with 51 points on 13 made 3's in the first game of 2010-2011. This 6'0'' high volume scorer will bring a much needed offensive boost to Brad Stevens' squad.

5) G/F Will Clyburn, Iowa State (via Utah)

Why? Clyburn was outstanding 2 seasons ago for a deplenished Utah team but that shouldnt discount his abilities. The 6'7'' 210 lb wing had averages of 17.1 ppg, 7.8 rpg, and shot 40% from deep. He reminds many of former Iowa State and current T-Wolf Wes Johnson who bolted after 2 seasons for Syracuse. Clyburn should step in right away and fill the void left by the departing Royce White.

Honorable Mention:

PG- Larry Drew, UCLA (via North Carolina)

SF- Brian Oliver, Seton Hall (via Georgia Tech)

SG- Luke Hancock, Louisville (via George Mason)

PF- Wally Judge, Rutgers (via Kansas State)

SG- Jabari Brown, Missouri (via Oregon)

PG- Korie Lucious, Iowa State (via Michigan State)

storm33
Is Oriakhi eligible this

Is Oriakhi eligible this season? If so, I'd throw him in here.

draft2017
west virgina is in the big 12

west virgina is in the big 12

Taylor Gang Mike
Taylor Gang Mike's picture
Dont forget Dalton Pepper for

Dont forget Dalton Pepper for Temple via WVU, hes a beast

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Khem Birch to UNLV

I think he is not eligible until around the New Year, but I am pretty interested to see how he does as a Runnin' Reb. Mike Moser tore it up and Khem has even more crazy length, athleticism. Anthony Marshall is back and I think Katin Reinhardt should have an immediate impact as well. UNLV could be a very interesting mid-major again.

I also like a couple transfers that the MVC has landed. Mangisto Arop is a beastly wing, kind of more like a stretch 4 type. He can hit the boards and is really strong, never got much PT at Gonzaga but could be a huge add for Indiana State.

Wichita State loses there leading 5 scorers, so they may not have the fire power of last seasons Shockers. Still, I think that Malcolm Armstead will pay major dividends. He is a tough as nails combo guard who was a major role player for Oregon for two years. Should step right in and have a huge impact right away for Wichita State. He averaged over 4 assists and 2 steals for Oregon in his sophomore and junior seasons (hoovering around 9 ppg as well).

I know that Carl Hall should have a nice senior season after being one of the top JUCO grabs and that both JUCO players they landed this year should see immediate impact. Have heard really good things about Nick Wiggins, the older brother of Andrew Wiggins. Nick is a SG/SF who is coming off a strong sophomore year at Wabash Valley and expects to get immediate PT. If he anything close to Andrew, he should be a great addition.

http://northpolehoops.com/2012/04/10/juco-all-american-nick-wiggins-commits-to-the-wichita-state-shockers/

Taylor Gang Mike
Taylor Gang Mike's picture
yeah Katin is nice, reminds

yeah Katin is nice, reminds me of Mayo

Wejustwin504
Matt Derenbecker- Dayton (

Matt Derenbecker- Dayton ( from LSU)

Malcolmx
Malcolmx's picture
Wichata State has a Juco

Wichata State has a Juco player coming in.That is supposed to be top 5 in the nation.

Lets not forget Nurideen Lindsey Transfer to Rider

Jabari Brown to Mizzou

Sidiki Johnson to Providence

surve
surve's picture
Stacey Poole Jr.

Couldve been on a championship team with UK this year but wouldve gotten very little if any PT. Moving to Georgia Tech and figures to be an impact immediately. He will be eligible after the Fall Semester.

Chilbert arenas
Chilbert arenas's picture
Dwayne Polee SDSU (via St.

Dwayne Polee SDSU (via St. Johns)

Hale
Hale's picture
I'm almost never aware of

I'm almost never aware of transfers so this is a great thread for me to read. Good list, TC. I'm interested in seeing these two new guys play for WVU.

SmooveKRYPT
SmooveKRYPT's picture
Keion Bell to Mizzou. Great

Keion Bell to Mizzou. Great athlete, their guard rotation should be stacked again

uknation
uknation's picture
UNLV is going to be a problem

UNLV is going to be a problem for anyone they face. KR is going to be freshman of the year in the conference and the other kid from Gorman will provide support of the bench

M-Eazy
Larry Drew

Larry Drew doesn't even belong on the honorable mention. Dude was trash at UNC and I don't think people should really expect much of him at UCLA.

surve
surve's picture
I concur about Larry Drew, he

I concur about Larry Drew, he may be worth mention but not honorable. Unless he has really changed his attitude, has put in some work in the gym, and mentally prepared himself....he is going to be a problem for UCLA....and not a good problem either.

Johnny Chill
Johnny Chill's picture
Oriakhi

Alex Oriakhi needs to be on the list.

Transfer from UConn to Mizzo. He will get immediate elegbility to play. He will get a chance to start and Mizzo needs his rebounding and size.

providencefriars1
providencefriars1's picture
A sleeper is Daniel Bejarano

A sleeper is Daniel Bejarano who is at Colorado St from Arizona.

Some other guys...

Jamal Branch, From Texas A&M to St Johns

James Johnson, From Virginia to San Diego St

Earnest Ross, From Aubrun to Missouri

Garrick Sherman, From Michigan St to Notre Dame

Chilbert arenas
Chilbert arenas's picture
@Providencefriars

Good call with Bejarano, I watched that kid catch lobs off the backboard in 8th grade

417basketballfan
sdsu

dwayne polee transferred from st. johns to san diego st. He played a lot when they went to the NCAA tournament... the dude can jump out the gym. Also JJ O'brien is a solid player who transferred from Utah. He got runner up freshmen of the year while at Utah. The Aztecs should be preseason ranked top 25.

417basketballfan
also

also James johnson from virginia to sdsu which was previously mentioned

cavaliers23
UConn's Alex Oriakhi to Mizzu

UConn's Alex Oriakhi to Mizzu will give them yet another senior with nba size and potential to work with.

UNCbasketballbum
UNCbasketballbum's picture
Larry Drew quit on my tar

Larry Drew quit on my tar heels and didn't even man up and tell Roy he was transferring, he had daddy tell him. Dude was and embarrassment. No coincidence thaty once he transferred and Marshall took over at the pont is when Carolina started playing great. Drew will have little to no impact at UCLA.

RSS: Syndicate content