This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar WolvesFuture 13 years ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

I could not find the thread but at the beggining of the season there was a thread with your predictions of the Top 5 worst record teams…… I would like to know as of now were your list right since the season is about to be over & who do you predict for the 11-12 season for your Top 5 worst record teams in order.

• Minnesota 17-64
    • Cleveland 18-63
    • Toronto 22-59
    • Washington 23-58
    • Sacramento* 24-57
    • New Jersey* 24-57
    GlenTaylorSucks
    Participant

How the hell did MN finish worse than the Cav’s? They suck…haha.

I don’t know the order, but I’ll guess: Minny, Cleveland, Toronto, Sacramento, Detroit

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Those are the current standings from ESPN.com

Lotto Stud
    Participant

What are your 11-12 predictions

Snubs15
    Participant

I remember alot of people arguing about the cavs being actually an ok team. I had the cavs coming last and raptors being 2nd last. Just from what i can remember.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

You know I have no idea which five teams will have the worst record. It all depends on who they pick currently and what they do during the offseason. Or in that case, how much a potential lockout affects teams. To early to say who the 5 worst teams will be.

OhCanada-
    Participant

I had Pacers, Pistons, Raptors, Wolves, Clippers, and Kings.

GlenTaylorSucks
    Participant

Last: MN

29th: Toronto

28th: Cleveland

27th: Detroit

26th: Sacramento/Anaheim/wherever they end up

Toronto and MN could easily flip flop- it kind of depends on how the offseason plays out. Cleveland could easily finish higher as well, thanks to Varejao’s return and 2 draft picks in the top 10.

WolvesFuture
    Participant

They’ll have to be sold and moved, I’m from the Twin Cities and they have absolutely no fan base, if they go through another season like these last two, fourth worst in NBA history, they will have no season ticket holder base either, one of the largest in the NBA.  Glen Taylor has lost $50M the last three seasons and most of his minority owners are trying to sell their shares, in order for them to sell them, according to Glen Taylor, they have to find somebody to buy them, he won’t buy them back.  I don’t believe the NBA will contract them, just that Taylor will sell them and have them moved, who would want to buy an NBA franchise with absolutely no local interest?  Where do you think they would be moved to?

M-DYMES
    Participant

Im telling ya, bring a team to the Burgh.  We have the new Consol Energy Center which would be a great home for an NBA team.  The Burgh is a huge sports town, and while it may be more black n blue, basketball can still be a success.  PITT gets huge turnouts for the games.  I know they tried a team in the Burgh b4 and it didn’t perform up to expectations, but recently we’ve hosted a few summer league games for the Cavs, Celtics and Spurs whom each had great turnouts considering it was only exhibition ball.  Its ashame Mark Cuban already owns the Mavs, cuz I am sure he would be willing to bring a team to the Burgh since he is a native of the area. 

Real Talk Real Trophies
    Participant

but def thought worst teams would have been
    Cavs
    Minnesota
    Raptors
    New Jersey
    Clippers
    Like stated above, too early to predict next year but ill give it a try
    Bobcats
    Cavs
    Minnesota
    Raptors
    Suns

MagikKnick
    Participant

Pistons, Cavs, Raps, Clippers, Kings

call me crazy, but i think the TWolves could be a bit decent next season, with a coaching change, improvement at the PG spot and a better C, they could be decent. Good young players with Beas, Randolph, and Love is a nice core to build around…if Kahn could make the right moves..they could be decent..

disclaimer: "decent" doesnt mean playoffs….just means not bottom 5

M-DYMES
    Participant

What the Timberwolves need more than anything IMO, is a coach who evokes confidence and it determined to work his players hard.  Rambis doesn’t appear to me to be the same type of coach as he was player.  He’s too laid back for my liking on a team with players who I think are more prone to coast.  Combining those forces doesn’t lead to success.  I think you bring in a guy like who will not allow his players to settle for anything less than the best and a few vets who have some fire in them and won’t let the young bloods coast by.  Pesonally I’d love to see someone like Sam Mitchell brought in if the opportunity presents itself.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Bucks might be worse again.  The signed a bunch of vets to too much money, Bogut is always hurt, and Brandon Jennings isn’t making other players better.  They might continue to slip, especially if they don’t get a good rookie.

If Wizards get a good pick, like Vesely and if he turns into an AK-47 type, then they will be better.

I can see Minny still being bad.  Beasely is a stats guy, K-Love might just be the same.  If they don’t get some real leadership then they might be in trouble again.  If Rubio doesn’t come over they could be in trouble.  If he DOES come over they could be in WORSE TROUBLE.  Not sold on him.  What’s worse, if they feel that Kyrie Irving is the best guy on the board and they pass him up cuz they got Rubio then they are really dumb. T-Wolves gotta take the best player available.  Other than Kevin Love all those other guys are exendible.  Build around Love, whoever they draft, and guys who can fit in with those two guys.

I think Cleveland can get better if they draft better.  They have two picks and they have to MAXIZE their picks.  They also need to look ahead to next year too.  I think it depends on who they get with their first pick.  If it is Irving then you go with a swing man with the next pick.  If they go with Derrick Williams first, then they need to go with a guard for the second pick.  Like Derrick Williams and Alec Burks, or Derrick Williams and Kemba Walker (most upside).  Derrick Williams and Brandon Knight would be solid too. 

They can get some decent shooting guards in the second round, and a solid big man in the next draft (Sullinger, John Henson).

Or they can roll the dice this year and get Irving or Derrick Williams at their first pick then Bismack at their second pick.  They are rebuilding, should have a good pick next year in a stacked draft, so they might as well go for talent and UPSIDE. 

The Cavs’ upcoming draft has four parts: their first pick, their second pick (should ideally complement their first pick), their two second round picks, and looking forward to next year’s draft.

About Burks the Cavs have to ask themselves, is there a big guard in the draft next year that is comparable or better?  If so, then they should wait.  I am a pretty big Kemba fan, especially at 8.  Walker and Williams could be a DEADLY combination.  … they might be better off waiting for Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb next year.  Get Walker and Williams, a shooter and another big man in the second round, and they are all set  up for next year’s draft. 

WolvesFuture
    Participant

Maybe light some fire under their young players

Andrew1984
    Participant

If the T-Wolves were moved, here are some potential landing spots:

– St. Louis

– Kansas City

– Baltimore

– Louisville

Hitster
    Participant

The teams that aren’t in the list for this year who I think could struggle next year would include the Bobcats whose roster isn’t strong and Stephen Jackson is a year older also.

A lot of teams have potential to improve next year, the Nets with Deron should push on past 30 wins at least, Detroit if they don’t impolode should be more settled. The Kings if Cousins and Evans can develop their tandem should win more games. Washington as Wall develops should get better. The T-Wolves will probably struggle again even if Rubo comes over and they draft Irving both of which is possible under Kahn.

FA moves could weaken Memphis if Gasol or Z-Bo move on but they should still win a decent amount of games. As we are guessing ahead I’ll throw a fantasy scenaro in, C-Paul gets traded as he may opt out in 2012 and with David West perhaps moving on then the Hornets could struggle again.

The Bucks had a decent roster for this season but lack scoring and with key players out have often performed above hopes to win 35 or so games so they may struggle next year unless Bogut and Jennings play a full season each.

WolvesFuture
    Participant

Is to select Kyrie and trade him to the highest bidder. This is all indicative on Rubio being in MN next season, whether that happens or not who knows. From what we’re hearing locally in MN, they’re gung ho on Rubio and believe they’ve built a majority of their ‘core’, (Beasley, Johnson, Randolph) to fit his style; fast break, spread the floor. The rumor before yesterday was that they were interested in Perry Jones and Harrison Barnes as SFs. Now that Jones and Barnes are coming back (hopefully Barnes doesn’t for the Wolves sake) for their Sophomore years, and how they supposedly feel about Derrick Williams (word on AM Radio here locally is that they think he’s more of an undersized 4 than a big 3, they also don’t feel he has the potential to be anything more than average defender, two things they cringe at, they need above average defensive players around Love, not that they have them now, they just can’t collect anymore) they’ll be much more inclined to trade the pick for a vet, not sure who they can get, but I can imagine they’ll be trading the pick with other pieces, Memphis Pick, Wayne Ellington, Pekovic for a solid, starting, younger, vet. I think there’s virtually no chance they take Irving to keep him, Rubio is their guy, now whether that’s right or not, I don’t know. With Love being a cornerstone of the franchise I can’t imagine they’ll be taking anybody in the frontcourt with suspect athleticism (Kanter), or a guy (Valanciunas) that probably won’t come over next season (the fanbase is dying for something to believe in – they need somebody that can make an immediate impact) I would be shocked if they don’t trade their early pick.

Real Talk Real Trophies
    Participant

Bring the NBA to Louisville. Kentucky is known for its basketball tradition/fans and there is a newly built downtown arena in the KFC Yum Center. I beleive they had successful team when the colonels were part of the aba back in the day. Also, earlier in the year UK played Notre Dame at the old Louisville arena (freedom hall) and UL had a game against some mid-major in the Yum center the same night and both games exceeded 20,000 fans. I was hoping the kings would come here so my boi big cuz would be back in KY and we would be the Louisville Kings (the city was named after King Louis XVI so it would be fitting)

scootover7
    Participant

I would like to see an NBA in Kansas City MO.  The T-Wolves need help and I really think they need to draft Kyrie Irving .  I heard that Mark Cuban was interested in trying to get Ricky Rubio.  What trade should the T-Wolves and MAVS do.  I’d personally think the T-Wolves could use either Jason Terry or Shawn Marion.  I would even at this point taking an aging Jason Kidd over the point guards the T-Wolves currently have. 

WolvesFuture
    Participant

Eric Gordon
    Tyreke Evans

A young player with All Star potential.

EGbball3
    Participant

^^ The Kings or Clippers would never do a trade like that because Rubio hasn’t proved anything that he will succeed in the NBA.

WolvesFuture
      Participant

I don’t think the Clippers or Kings would do that trade either, I’m just saying that’s how high the Wolves value him.  Didn’t the Knicks offer the Wolves Wilson Chandler and the 8th Pick of the 2009 Draft for Rubio?  Would you rather have Jennings and Chandler or Rubio?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login