This topic contains 88 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Mr.Knick 32 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    bdoody42
    Participant

Lets make some predictions for the following awards.
    MVP
    DOY
    Coach of the year
    6th man
    Rookie of the Year

Here is my picks.

MVP- Kevin Durant
    DOY- Dwight Howard
    COY- Doug Collins as he lifts Philly to te 8th seed.
    6th man- Jamal Crawford
    ROY- John Wall

WizardofOz
    Participant

MVP – Kevin Durant
    DOY – Dwight Howard
    Coach of the year – Avery Johnson
    6th man – George Hill
    Rookie of the Year – John Wall

WizardofOz
    Participant

MVP – Kevin Durant
    DOY – Dwight Howard
    Coach of the year – Avery Johnson
    6th man – George Hill

canesboy6
    Participant

MVP- Kevin Durant
    DPOY- Ron Artest
    Coach of the Year- Scott Skiles
    6th Man- Jamal Crawford
    ROY- Blake Griffin
    Most Improved- Demar Derozan

canesboy6
    Participant

MVP- Kevin Durant
    DPOY- Ron Artest
    Coach of the Year- Scott Skiles
    6th Man- Jamal Crawford
    ROY- Blake Griffin
    Most Improved- Demar Derozan

bdoody42
    Participant

I frogot most improved.

I will go with Javale mcgee.

bdoody42
    Participant

I frogot most improved.

I will go with Javale mcgee.

lalaila
    Participant

MVP- Dwight Howard(very good situation finally to be real SUPERSTAR)
    6th man- J.Crawford
    MIP- DeMar DeRozan/Anthony Randolph(both has good chances and amazing potential)
    R.O.Y-Blake Griffin(i like to say Cousins but i feel before he being a satr he will be unconsistent in his rookie year and John Wall is just behind Blake i think)
    COY-hmmm…IDK..Heat’s coach maybe

lalaila
    Participant

MVP- Dwight Howard(very good situation finally to be real SUPERSTAR)
    6th man- J.Crawford
    MIP- DeMar DeRozan/Anthony Randolph(both has good chances and amazing potential)
    R.O.Y-Blake Griffin(i like to say Cousins but i feel before he being a satr he will be unconsistent in his rookie year and John Wall is just behind Blake i think)
    COY-hmmm…IDK..Heat’s coach maybe

theEDGE
    Participant

MVP- Kevin Durant
    DPOY- Josh Smith/Al Horford
    Coach of the Year- Pat Riley?Erik Spoelstra( whoever decides to coach the Heat)
    6th Man- One of the Bucks swingmen(Magette,Redd,Salmons)
    ROY- Greg Monroe or Ed Davis could make a strong play for this title
    Most Improved- Roy Hibbert

theEDGE
    Participant

MVP- Kevin Durant
    DPOY- Josh Smith/Al Horford
    Coach of the Year- Pat Riley?Erik Spoelstra( whoever decides to coach the Heat)
    6th Man- One of the Bucks swingmen(Magette,Redd,Salmons)
    ROY- Greg Monroe or Ed Davis could make a strong play for this title
    Most Improved- Roy Hibbert

gone
    Participant

Cmon Doug Collins as coach of the year……………..MJ doesnt approve

funny animated gif

gone
    Participant

Cmon Doug Collins as coach of the year……………..MJ doesnt approve

funny animated gif

hoopstarr5
    Participant

MVP- Dwyane Wade – Best regular season record 9/10 times results in MVP and its still his team this year so i put my money on him.

DOY- Dwight Howard – Nobody can affect that end of the floor like him in the L.

COY- Scott Skiles – With an improved Roster from last year, the return of Bogut from injury and the development of Jennings i think Skiles can Make this team pretty dam good and get them a 4 or 5 seed

6th man – Dont wanna say jamal crawford because its unusual for players to win this back to back (been done twice) so l would be more inclined to bet on someone like Millsap if the jazz do well.

ROY – Blake Griffin – I think there is less competition at the power forward spot in the NBA atm (especially in the west) in comparison to the point guard position, plus John Wall will have a harder transition by having to learn how to play and think at a new speed/level, whilst running a team with few scoring options (not to say that he wont do well his first year). I think Blakes play wont have to change all that much at the NBA level as his game translates very well, in that he is a physical monster who gets after it. Plus Baron Davis is on that team so there will plenty of offensive rebounds and put backs to be had to get him a few extra stats .

hoopstarr5
    Participant

MVP- Dwyane Wade – Best regular season record 9/10 times results in MVP and its still his team this year so i put my money on him.

DOY- Dwight Howard – Nobody can affect that end of the floor like him in the L.

COY- Scott Skiles – With an improved Roster from last year, the return of Bogut from injury and the development of Jennings i think Skiles can Make this team pretty dam good and get them a 4 or 5 seed

6th man – Dont wanna say jamal crawford because its unusual for players to win this back to back (been done twice) so l would be more inclined to bet on someone like Millsap if the jazz do well.

ROY – Blake Griffin – I think there is less competition at the power forward spot in the NBA atm (especially in the west) in comparison to the point guard position, plus John Wall will have a harder transition by having to learn how to play and think at a new speed/level, whilst running a team with few scoring options (not to say that he wont do well his first year). I think Blakes play wont have to change all that much at the NBA level as his game translates very well, in that he is a physical monster who gets after it. Plus Baron Davis is on that team so there will plenty of offensive rebounds and put backs to be had to get him a few extra stats .

hoopstarr5
    Participant

Missed MIP

MIP – Im going to go for a ‘wild card’ but i gonna say Robin Lopez as i liked his play towards the end of the season and i really think he made some good strides in getting better over the year.On top of that amare isnt there anymore which means he will get more touches in the pick and roll from Nash.

hoopstarr5
    Participant

Missed MIP

MIP – Im going to go for a ‘wild card’ but i gonna say Robin Lopez as i liked his play towards the end of the season and i really think he made some good strides in getting better over the year.On top of that amare isnt there anymore which means he will get more touches in the pick and roll from Nash.

mwalling2117
    Participant

MVP – Kobe Bryant
    DPOY – Dwight Howard
    Coach of the Year – Nate McMillan
    6th Man – Jason Terry
    ROY – John Wall
    MIP – Andray Blatche / JJ Hickson

mwalling2117
    Participant

MVP – Kobe Bryant
    DPOY – Dwight Howard
    Coach of the Year – Nate McMillan
    6th Man – Jason Terry
    ROY – John Wall
    MIP – Andray Blatche / JJ Hickson

omphalos
    Participant

Hmm… this is tough to call, but I’ll give it a crack. These answers are somewhere between what I hope will happen and what I think will happen.

MVP: Brandon Roy (if Blazers can stay healthy)
    DPOY: Kwame- nah just kidding Dwight will lock it up again.
    COY: Lionel Hollins – Grizz can be big improvers this season if Thabeet can improve in the off-season.
    6th Man – Manu Ginobili; after foregoing the FIBA champs I predict he will come back fresh and dominate with the Spurs.
    ROY: John Wall – I like Griffin as second, but the Clippers are much more established than the Wizards right now and ball-dominant ROY winners seems to be the trend of late.
    MIP: Michael Beasley – should finally get his chance in Minny and pick it up.

omphalos
    Participant

Hmm… this is tough to call, but I’ll give it a crack. These answers are somewhere between what I hope will happen and what I think will happen.

MVP: Brandon Roy (if Blazers can stay healthy)
    DPOY: Kwame- nah just kidding Dwight will lock it up again.
    COY: Lionel Hollins – Grizz can be big improvers this season if Thabeet can improve in the off-season.
    6th Man – Manu Ginobili; after foregoing the FIBA champs I predict he will come back fresh and dominate with the Spurs.
    ROY: John Wall – I like Griffin as second, but the Clippers are much more established than the Wizards right now and ball-dominant ROY winners seems to be the trend of late.
    MIP: Michael Beasley – should finally get his chance in Minny and pick it up.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

mvp- Durant- OKC gets the 3 seed and KD leads in scoring

dpoy- Howard- He’ll put his usual 13 reb 3 blk

coy- Thibodeau- CHI barely edges out ORL for the 2 seed

roy- Wall- expect 17ppg 7apg 3rpg

6man- Terry- Helps DAL to 2 seed- 19 ppg

mip- R Lopez- hadnt really thought about him but i like that pick a lot with a lot of pt coming

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

mvp- Durant- OKC gets the 3 seed and KD leads in scoring

dpoy- Howard- He’ll put his usual 13 reb 3 blk

coy- Thibodeau- CHI barely edges out ORL for the 2 seed

roy- Wall- expect 17ppg 7apg 3rpg

6man- Terry- Helps DAL to 2 seed- 19 ppg

mip- R Lopez- hadnt really thought about him but i like that pick a lot with a lot of pt coming

Malik-Universal
    Participant

ill choose my canadiates, its hard for me to choose one guy

MVP- KD or Dwight
    DOY-Rondo or Dwight or Gerald Wallace
    Coach of the year-Doc Rivers, Sporlestra, or bulls head coach, collins
    6th man- Terry, crawford, or even morrow
    Rookie of the Year- wall, or griffin
    MIP- robin lopez, andray, jj

Malik-Universal
    Participant

ill choose my canadiates, its hard for me to choose one guy

MVP- KD or Dwight
    DOY-Rondo or Dwight or Gerald Wallace
    Coach of the year-Doc Rivers, Sporlestra, or bulls head coach, collins
    6th man- Terry, crawford, or even morrow
    Rookie of the Year- wall, or griffin
    MIP- robin lopez, andray, jj

joecheck88
    Participant

mvp- deron williams, he lifts the jazz to the 2 seed in the west and puts up 23 and 12.

dpoy- lebron james- his offense will suffer some but he will be guarding the best players in the league this year while d wade and bosh go off offensively in those games.

6th man- courtney lee, if he can get like 14 a game and play solid defense, i think he has a chance.

coach of the year- easy one i think, byron scott of the cleveland cavaliers. i mean the expectations are super low for the team but if he can sneak them into the playoffs, he could win it.

roy- greg monroe, if he gets the minutes(30 a game), i think he could put up 15, 8, and 3.

mip- michael beasley- he is capable of putting up good offensive numbers. and now he is on a bad team that could use some offense. i could see a 23ppg and 9rpg year from the former number 2 pick in the draft.

joecheck88
    Participant

mvp- deron williams, he lifts the jazz to the 2 seed in the west and puts up 23 and 12.

dpoy- lebron james- his offense will suffer some but he will be guarding the best players in the league this year while d wade and bosh go off offensively in those games.

6th man- courtney lee, if he can get like 14 a game and play solid defense, i think he has a chance.

coach of the year- easy one i think, byron scott of the cleveland cavaliers. i mean the expectations are super low for the team but if he can sneak them into the playoffs, he could win it.

roy- greg monroe, if he gets the minutes(30 a game), i think he could put up 15, 8, and 3.

mip- michael beasley- he is capable of putting up good offensive numbers. and now he is on a bad team that could use some offense. i could see a 23ppg and 9rpg year from the former number 2 pick in the draft.

sammybuckeye13
    Participant

MVP – Kevin Durant
    DOY – Josh Smith
    Coach of the year – Jerry Sloan (he has to win some time)
    6th man – Anthony Morrow

sammybuckeye13
    Participant

MVP – Kevin Durant
    DOY – Josh Smith
    Coach of the year – Jerry Sloan (he has to win some time)
    6th man – Anthony Morrow

MagikKnick
    Participant

MVP – Kevin Durant
    DOY – Dwight Howard
    Coach of the year – Tom Thibodeau
    6th man – Jamal Crawford
    Rookie of the Year – Wall, Cousins
    MIP – JaVale McGee

MagikKnick
    Participant

MVP – Kevin Durant
    DOY – Dwight Howard
    Coach of the year – Tom Thibodeau
    6th man – Jamal Crawford
    Rookie of the Year – Wall, Cousins
    MIP – JaVale McGee

omphalos
    Participant

“dpoy- lebron james- his offense will suffer some but he will be guarding the best players in the league this year while d wade and bosh go off offensively in those games.”

Sorry man, but I find this hilarious given that Lebron will no longer be guarding two of the best players in the League for at least six years now.

omphalos
    Participant

“dpoy- lebron james- his offense will suffer some but he will be guarding the best players in the league this year while d wade and bosh go off offensively in those games.”

Sorry man, but I find this hilarious given that Lebron will no longer be guarding two of the best players in the League for at least six years now.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

MVP: LeBron James
    DOY: Josh Smith
    Coach of the year: Mike D’Antoni
    6th man: Lou Williams
    Rookie of the Year: DeMarcus Cousins

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

MVP: LeBron James
    DOY: Josh Smith
    Coach of the year: Mike D’Antoni
    6th man: Lou Williams
    Rookie of the Year: DeMarcus Cousins

gainsey15
    Participant

MVP- Kevin Durant
    DOY- Josh Smith
    COY- I can’t remember his name Memphis Coach
    6th man- Jamal Crawford
    ROY- John Wall

gainsey15
    Participant

MVP- Kevin Durant
    DOY- Josh Smith
    COY- I can’t remember his name Memphis Coach
    6th man- Jamal Crawford
    ROY- John Wall

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

If LeBron averages 20 points and 10 assists, he’s winning MVP.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

If LeBron averages 20 points and 10 assists, he’s winning MVP.

joecheck88
    Participant

he wont be guarding wade, but remember all the love lebron gets for his chasedowns. combine that with the fact that he will contribute 100% defensive effort against the likes of joe johnson, brandon roy, kobe bryant, carmelo anthony, andre iguodala, and kevin durant all year. he is going to get love somewhere in his game and i think this year its defensively.

on the other hand i get your point and i reall y hate lebron for going to miami with wade and bosh and think he is a joke for not wanting it on his own, but you gotta admit he is gonna get his same love he always gets from the media.

joecheck88
    Participant

he wont be guarding wade, but remember all the love lebron gets for his chasedowns. combine that with the fact that he will contribute 100% defensive effort against the likes of joe johnson, brandon roy, kobe bryant, carmelo anthony, andre iguodala, and kevin durant all year. he is going to get love somewhere in his game and i think this year its defensively.

on the other hand i get your point and i reall y hate lebron for going to miami with wade and bosh and think he is a joke for not wanting it on his own, but you gotta admit he is gonna get his same love he always gets from the media.

omphalos
    Participant

I think if Lebron were going to win DPOY it would have been this season just gone by; he added the chasedowns to his game, and he was just as good as he was in other aspects as in 08-09 season when he finished second. Also, keep in mind that this is Wade’s team and he prides himself on being an elite defender also; I’ll give you Melo, Durant and maybe Joe Johnson but Wade will be guarding people like Kobe, Roy and Rose still. Its Wade’s team at both ends of the floor, not just offense.

omphalos
    Participant

I think if Lebron were going to win DPOY it would have been this season just gone by; he added the chasedowns to his game, and he was just as good as he was in other aspects as in 08-09 season when he finished second. Also, keep in mind that this is Wade’s team and he prides himself on being an elite defender also; I’ll give you Melo, Durant and maybe Joe Johnson but Wade will be guarding people like Kobe, Roy and Rose still. Its Wade’s team at both ends of the floor, not just offense.

hoopstarr5
    Participant

Mr.Knick 32 … Mike D’Antoni will have to learn what defense is before he gets coach of the year

hoopstarr5
    Participant

Mr.Knick 32 … Mike D’Antoni will have to learn what defense is before he gets coach of the year

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Yes because that the awards all about defense. Not getting wins and shocking the league. No, No, No.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Yes because that the awards all about defense. Not getting wins and shocking the league. No, No, No.

McWinning
    Participant

I dont see how a 7th or 8th seeds coach would win it, i know Scott Brooks did last year but that was a bigger turnaround, and its MUCH harder in the west.

McWinning
    Participant

I dont see how a 7th or 8th seeds coach would win it, i know Scott Brooks did last year but that was a bigger turnaround, and its MUCH harder in the west.

omphalos
    Participant

And don’t forget his 8th seed was still a 50 win team. Can’t believe how good the West was last season.

omphalos
    Participant

And don’t forget his 8th seed was still a 50 win team. Can’t believe how good the West was last season.

hoopstarr5
    Participant

Its not just about defense to win coach of the year i agree. But its a part of being able to have a good record.. Which Knicks (pretty much just swapping amare for david lee ) wont do and they will continue to miss the playoffs and hope to pick up a superstar.
    … D’antoni’s has little to no chance of winning COY this season

hoopstarr5
    Participant

Its not just about defense to win coach of the year i agree. But its a part of being able to have a good record.. Which Knicks (pretty much just swapping amare for david lee ) wont do and they will continue to miss the playoffs and hope to pick up a superstar.
    … D’antoni’s has little to no chance of winning COY this season

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Which Knicks (pretty much just swapping amare for david lee ) wont do and they will continue to miss the playoffs and hope to pick up a superstar.

That’s a almost idiotic thing to say there friend. Go look up the players NY added and Raymond Felton, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Roger Mason and more. The Knicks will be alright

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Which Knicks (pretty much just swapping amare for david lee ) wont do and they will continue to miss the playoffs and hope to pick up a superstar.

That’s a almost idiotic thing to say there friend. Go look up the players NY added and Raymond Felton, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Roger Mason and more. The Knicks will be alright

McWinning
    Participant

Theyve improved but they still have big weaknesses.

Their a TERRIBLE rebounding team, and below average defensibly, they will score a lot of points though except their bad rebounding will really hurt them.

McWinning
    Participant

Theyve improved but they still have big weaknesses.

Their a TERRIBLE rebounding team, and below average defensibly, they will score a lot of points though except their bad rebounding will really hurt them.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Amar’e is a 8-9 rebound guy, Randolph is a 6-8 rebounder, Turiaf could get 4-6 rebounds.

Chandler got 5 rebounds last season, Gallo got 5 rebounds last season.

I don’t see where this issue could be. Randolph and Turiaf are gonna get more PT too so the rebounding could increase.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Amar’e is a 8-9 rebound guy, Randolph is a 6-8 rebounder, Turiaf could get 4-6 rebounds.

Chandler got 5 rebounds last season, Gallo got 5 rebounds last season.

I don’t see where this issue could be. Randolph and Turiaf are gonna get more PT too so the rebounding could increase.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Plus Boston was 29th last season in rebounding….they made the finals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/rebounds-per-game

Portland was 26th…they made the playoffs.
    Charlotte was 22nd….they made the playoffs
    Utah was 12th…made it to the 2nd round
    Chicago was 1st in rebounds…knocked out in the 1st round

Stop overrating little things.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Plus Boston was 29th last season in rebounding….they made the finals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/rebounds-per-game

Portland was 26th…they made the playoffs.
    Charlotte was 22nd….they made the playoffs
    Utah was 12th…made it to the 2nd round
    Chicago was 1st in rebounds…knocked out in the 1st round

Stop overrating little things.

lalaila
    Participant

7rpg doesn’t mean he is 7rpg guy…both his first seasons A-Ran proved he is double double guy pretty easily with 30+min..
    so knicks will rebound pretty well i think

lalaila
    Participant

7rpg doesn’t mean he is 7rpg guy…both his first seasons A-Ran proved he is double double guy pretty easily with 30+min..
    so knicks will rebound pretty well i think

McWinning
    Participant

Boston, and Charlotte as well as Portland all play great. defense.

Knicks have decent rebounders on heir bench but when you look at their starting front court its pathetic.

At center you have Ronny Turiaf who played a lot of the season with guys like Anthony Tolliver, and Brandon Wright next to him with the fastest paced team in the league and in 20+ minutes he got 4.5 rebounds a game. And he has a 12.2 rebounding rating, that’s unacceptable for a starting center, Him starting games at center is the reason Stephon Curry pulled down triple doubles. to compare him Marcus Camby has a 22.3 rebounding rating.

Then at power forward you have Amare Stoudemire, hes a little better, he didnt play next to good rebounder though and their a fast paced team, and he played a lot so 8 rebounds a game isnt very impressive he has the 31st highest rebounding rate at his position at 14.5, i dont even wanna look up what he is overall, its safe to say hes below average at his position.

I just dont see how a frontcourt like that can be higher than a 7th, or 8th seed in the east.

McWinning
    Participant

Knicks have decent rebounders on heir bench but when you look at their starting front court its pathetic.

At center you have Ronny Turiaf who played a lot of the season with guys like Anthony Tolliver, and Brandon Wright next to him with the fastest paced team in the league and in 20+ minutes he got 4.5 rebounds a game. And he has a 12.2 rebounding rating, that’s unacceptable for a starting center, Him starting games at center is the reason Stephon Curry pulled down triple doubles. to compare him Marcus Camby has a 22.3 rebounding rating.

Then at power forward you have Amare Stoudemire, hes a little better, he didnt play next to good rebounder though and their a fast paced team, and he played a lot so 8 rebounds a game isnt very impressive he has the 31st highest rebounding rate at his position at 14.5, i dont even wanna look up what he is overall, its safe to say hes below average at his position.

I just dont see how a frontcourt like that can be higher than a 7th, or 8th seed in the east.

Toronto16
    Participant

MVP – Kobe Bryant

DPOY – Dwight Howard

Coach of the year – Eric Spo

6th man – Anthony Randolph

Most Improved – DeMar DeRozan

Rookie of the Year – Blake Griffin

Toronto16
    Participant

MVP – Kobe Bryant

DPOY – Dwight Howard

Coach of the year – Eric Spo

6th man – Anthony Randolph

Most Improved – DeMar DeRozan

Rookie of the Year – Blake Griffin

SubZero
    Participant

MVP – Kevin Durant
    DOY – Dwight Howard
    Coach of the year – Paul Westphal
    6th man – Jamal Crawford (James Harden is a darkhorse)
    Rookie of the Year – John Wall (Close between he, Griffin and Cousins, but Wall wins off hype)

SubZero
    Participant

MVP – Kevin Durant
    DOY – Dwight Howard
    Coach of the year – Paul Westphal
    6th man – Jamal Crawford (James Harden is a darkhorse)
    Rookie of the Year – John Wall (Close between he, Griffin and Cousins, but Wall wins off hype)

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Turiaf will most likely start and get upward of 30mpg. I think he could get 6 to 8 rpg per game because of the running and rebounding chances. Randolph ( who should be the 6th man) is a good rebounder and could get his rebounds.

Yes, Those 3 teams play good defense but your talking about rebounding. They weren’t good rebounding teams but good defensive teams. Just showing you the difference. New York is NOT a title contender so do they need to be a top 15 team in rebounding. If the numbers show anything- You don’t need to be a good rebounding team.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Turiaf will most likely start and get upward of 30mpg. I think he could get 6 to 8 rpg per game because of the running and rebounding chances. Randolph ( who should be the 6th man) is a good rebounder and could get his rebounds.

Yes, Those 3 teams play good defense but your talking about rebounding. They weren’t good rebounding teams but good defensive teams. Just showing you the difference. New York is NOT a title contender so do they need to be a top 15 team in rebounding. If the numbers show anything- You don’t need to be a good rebounding team.

McWinning
    Participant

Yeah but their also a bad defensive team which hurts their chance of being a good team.

McWinning
    Participant

Yeah but their also a bad defensive team which hurts their chance of being a good team.

projectpat310
    Participant

MVP – Kobe Bryant
    DOY – Rajon Rondo
    Coach of the year – Erik Spoelstra
    6th man – Mike Miller
    Rookie of the Year – DeMarcus Cousins

projectpat310
    Participant

MVP – Kobe Bryant
    DOY – Rajon Rondo
    Coach of the year – Erik Spoelstra
    6th man – Mike Miller
    Rookie of the Year – DeMarcus Cousins

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

I don’t think there as bad as last season. We actually improved on defense inside and out.

Stoudemire is a better defender then Lee. Turiaf is a good defender and Randolph plays well on the defensive end. Gallo is somewhat below average and Chandler is alright. They should be a improved defensive team.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

I don’t think there as bad as last season. We actually improved on defense inside and out.

Stoudemire is a better defender then Lee. Turiaf is a good defender and Randolph plays well on the defensive end. Gallo is somewhat below average and Chandler is alright. They should be a improved defensive team.

McWinning
    Participant

Feltons bad defensibly, Gallos bad defensibly Amares bad defensivly (not quite as bad as Lee), Chandlers decent, Turiafs good. Randolphs a good shotblocker but not all that goods defensively to me, thats part of the reason he was in the doghouse.

But the thing is its more about being committed to defense as a team, and Dantonio hasnt proven he can do that, remember last year they had Jeffries and i think they played there best ball with him, they just dont have a player that can guard the other teams best player, and they dont play well enough team defense to cover it up.

McWinning
    Participant

Feltons bad defensibly, Gallos bad defensibly Amares bad defensivly (not quite as bad as Lee), Chandlers decent, Turiafs good. Randolphs a good shotblocker but not all that goods defensively to me, thats part of the reason he was in the doghouse.

But the thing is its more about being committed to defense as a team, and Dantonio hasnt proven he can do that, remember last year they had Jeffries and i think they played there best ball with him, they just dont have a player that can guard the other teams best player, and they dont play well enough team defense to cover it up.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Felton is not terrible. Amar’e is not terrible. I clearly disagree with that.

Of course there not a team yet, some of these players never played together yet. Let’s wait and see. You dislike the Knicks so your bias towards them to a fault. All I can say is the Knicks have alright players, not every good team plays top defense ( The Clippers, 76ers, Pistons and Wizards were all top 20 defensive teams) so it will remain to be seen.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Felton is not terrible. Amar’e is not terrible. I clearly disagree with that.

Of course there not a team yet, some of these players never played together yet. Let’s wait and see. You dislike the Knicks so your bias towards them to a fault. All I can say is the Knicks have alright players, not every good team plays top defense ( The Clippers, 76ers, Pistons and Wizards were all top 20 defensive teams) so it will remain to be seen.

McWinning
    Participant

Im saying their a seventh, or eighth seed.

Is that bias considering considering they havent had a winning percentage in ten years?

Their clearly better but i dont think theyve improved as much as they had hoped they would, and their still not a good defensive team.

And all those teams you mentioned were very bad offensively

McWinning
    Participant

Is that bias considering considering they havent had a winning percentage in ten years?

Their clearly better but i dont think theyve improved as much as they had hoped they would, and their still not a good defensive team.

And all those teams you mentioned were very bad offensively

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Where did I say they were higher then that?

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Where did I say they were higher then that?

McWinning
    Participant

Im assuming when you said theyd be the breakout team, And Mike Dantonio would win COY you thought they would do better than be a playoff team in a conference that only has six good teams besides them.

McWinning
    Participant

Im assuming when you said theyd be the breakout team, And Mike Dantonio would win COY you thought they would do better than be a playoff team in a conference that only has six good teams besides them.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Don’t assume then, only makes you look like a ASS.

The Knicks won 29 games next season. If they win 40-42 games next season and look well, D’Antoni could be in the running.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Don’t assume then, only makes you look like a ASS.

The Knicks won 29 games next season. If they win 40-42 games next season and look well, D’Antoni could be in the running.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login