This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ZachAttack 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Uncledrew
    Participant

The 2011 draft was my favorite draft not only because it was the year my favorite player got drafted, it was the best overall draft class this decade which is ironic considering how it was pegged to be a historically weak class. In fact it was the exact opposite producing nearly 20 starter level players. It had great depth, underrated prospects and most importantly star potential. If a redraft were done today here’s how my top 10 would look: 

1. Cavs- Kyrie Irving- He was the rookie of the year and has been an nba allstar 3 out of his 4 years in the nba. He’s also averaged over 20 ppg in 3 out of 4 seasons as well. But what makes kyrie so special is not that he scores it’s how he scores. He completely embarrasses defenses with his handle, hands down the best handle in the nba and when he gets to the rim you know he’s looking to score but his English on the backboard with either hand is like no other. making him the best below the rim finisher in the league. Injuries have for some reason cast doubt on his ceiling but I have no doubt he can be the leading scorer of a championship team and one day take the title of best point guard in the league. Cleveland made the right choice he’s the most talented player in the draft.

2. Wolves- Kawhi Leonard- Arguably the best player in the draft kawhi is blessed with a godlike basketball body at 6’7 225 with probably the biggest hands of any nba wing. Already a NBA champion and finals mvp, kawhi continues to climb the nba hierarchy of superstars. His consistent offensive development is a testament to his hardwork and dedication to the game. Had he gone to Minnesota he would be the reason Love never left.

3. Jazz- Jimmy butler- One of the best all around players in the game. Can defend multiple positions like thompson but is a better ball handler and facilitator. Exceeded so many expectations it’s hard to Guage his ceiling but it’s atleast somewhere between allstar and best player on a championship team. Him and Gordon hayward would cause havoc in utah.

4. Cavs- Klay Thompson- Arguably the best spot up shooter in the league. Big versatile defender who is decptivly athletic. Already been an allstar and was the 2nd best player on a championship team. Playing in Cleveland with 2 of the best drivers in the game he could build a campsite at the 3 point line.

5. Raptors- Kemba Walker- Doesn’t get the noteriety as the other Eastern conference guards but he’s a big time player. One of the few bright spots on a dismal hornets team over the past few years. Would move lowry off the ball more in Toronto and run dual pg sets similar to phenoix. He’s a gamer who won’t disappoint in the clutch.

6. Wizards- Brandon knight- May not be the best fit with Beal on the roster but beal wasn’t drafted yet and we’re going best player available this early. Knight was always a good shooter but is now picking his spots better and really showcasing all star caliber play.

7. Hornets- Nic Vucevic- Best big man in this draft. A true 7 footer who rebounds well, can score in the post, and can shoot from midrange. He makes Jefferson’s workload light in charlotte and eventually expendable.

8. Pistons- Reggie jackson- This is where he finally landed so why not pick him from the jump? Escaping Westbrook’s shadow has allowed everyone to see the all star potential he has. Good in the pick in roll, above average defensively, and can make shots. The world is his for the taking in detroit.

9. Hornets- Nikoli Mirotic- The hornets missed on zeller and the jury is still out on frank while Mirotic is one of the best stretch 4’s in the nba today. Was runner up to wiggins for ROY and is picking up where he left off last year.

10. Kings- Kenneth faried- One of the best rebounders in the league. Can start for a number of nba teams and be effective without getting touches. Would clean up all of boogie Cousins missed chippy’s in Sac town.

Who’s your top 10?

OhCanada-
    Participant

I find redrafts difficult because guys like Kawhi, Butler, and Thompson really grew within the developmental concepts of their organizations. Who knows how they would have turned out if drafted by the T-Wolves.

Especially Butler and Leonard though. Those two are development anomallys. Players just don’t improve that much in 5 years. Its very rare to see a player go from potential NBA role player to definite NBA All-star.

r377r377
      r377
      Participant

Very true, no way Leonard is that good if he goes to Phillie or Sacramento. He won the lotto when he got sent to Coach Pop…

ZachAttack
        Participant

Pacers are probably feeling bad about that trade now.

Just think about this because I’m sure a lot of people have forgotten about the trade

Spurs Recieve: Kawhi Leonard

Pacers Receive: George Hill

Imagine what the pacers would be at if they had Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Would’ve probably brought a championship to Indy by now. 

Indiana really struck out that night.

ZachAttack
        Participant

Pacers are probably feeling bad about that trade now.

Just think about this because I’m sure a lot of people have forgotten about the trade

Spurs Recieve: Kawhi Leonard

Pacers Receive: George Hill

Imagine what the pacers would be at if they had Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Would’ve probably brought a championship to Indy by now. 

Indiana really struck out that night.

r377r377
      r377
      Participant

Very true, no way Leonard is that good if he goes to Phillie or Sacramento. He won the lotto when he got sent to Coach Pop…

OhCanada-
    Participant

I find redrafts difficult because guys like Kawhi, Butler, and Thompson really grew within the developmental concepts of their organizations. Who knows how they would have turned out if drafted by the T-Wolves.

Especially Butler and Leonard though. Those two are development anomallys. Players just don’t improve that much in 5 years. Its very rare to see a player go from potential NBA role player to definite NBA All-star.

Uncledrew
    Participant

Obviously each players organization and situation has influenced their progression as players but I’m basing this off of what the players have become as of today. There’s no telling what players would become if they were drafted by another team but that’s why it’s hypothetical you never will really know. And they already picked players based on there prospects that was called the draft. This is called the REDRAFT where we are allowed to use alittle hindsight.

OhCanada-
      Participant

Well in that case great list. I was looking for a way to add Isaiah Thomas or Jonas Valanciunas but I’m not sure if I would pick them over Faried however Thomas did play well in Sacramento with Cuz that 10th slot.

OhCanada-
      Participant

Well in that case great list. I was looking for a way to add Isaiah Thomas or Jonas Valanciunas but I’m not sure if I would pick them over Faried however Thomas did play well in Sacramento with Cuz that 10th slot.

Uncledrew
    Participant

Obviously each players organization and situation has influenced their progression as players but I’m basing this off of what the players have become as of today. There’s no telling what players would become if they were drafted by another team but that’s why it’s hypothetical you never will really know. And they already picked players based on there prospects that was called the draft. This is called the REDRAFT where we are allowed to use alittle hindsight.

Hype Machine

I got no real beef with your list.

Perhaps I’d slip Isaiah Thomas & Chandler Parsons in there, but only at the back end. 

I’m not a huge Kemba Walker fan, and I think Mirotic is borderline inclusion at best.  

Hype Machine

I got no real beef with your list.

Perhaps I’d slip Isaiah Thomas & Chandler Parsons in there, but only at the back end. 

I’m not a huge Kemba Walker fan, and I think Mirotic is borderline inclusion at best.  

Uncledrew
    Participant

I wanted to slip Isaiah in there but at 5’9 I felt he was too far a defensive liability and doesn’t hold much long term value. You’re right about Mirotic though he was an upside pick for me with parsons struggling to return to form and the rest of the bunch failing to separate from the pack.

Uncledrew
    Participant

I wanted to slip Isaiah in there but at 5’9 I felt he was too far a defensive liability and doesn’t hold much long term value. You’re right about Mirotic though he was an upside pick for me with parsons struggling to return to form and the rest of the bunch failing to separate from the pack.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Pretty good list. Only 3 of those 10 players where actually taken in the top 10.

Sixers and their tank happy fans take note – it is not where you draft but WHO you draft….

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Pretty good list. Only 3 of those 10 players where actually taken in the top 10.

Sixers and their tank happy fans take note – it is not where you draft but WHO you draft….

Memphisboy14
    Participant

I’d personally put Brandon Knight above Kemba Walker. I always thought that Brandon Knight would be a really good player in the NBA. Happy to say I was right about that.

Memphisboy14
    Participant

I’d personally put Brandon Knight above Kemba Walker. I always thought that Brandon Knight would be a really good player in the NBA. Happy to say I was right about that.

PulseGlazer
    Participant

So just an example to show why I hate redrafts- of Kawhai guess to the Wolves, there’s almost no chance he ends up a to ten player in the league. Guys aren’t just anyways better than others. Development and atmosphere matter.

PulseGlazer
    Participant

So just an example to show why I hate redrafts- of Kawhai guess to the Wolves, there’s almost no chance he ends up a to ten player in the league. Guys aren’t just anyways better than others. Development and atmosphere matter.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login