This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mikeyvthedon 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

The Nike Global Challenge is coming up on August 5-7 in Hillsborito, OR (Also known as "Hillsboro"). I posted earlier about the very talent heavy Canadian roster:

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/initial-canadian-rosters-2011-nike-global-challenge

Without further adue, here are the three US team rosters for the event (school they have committed to in parentheses where applicable), heights and weights as listed on the Global Challenge website:

USA East

PG Braxton Ogbueze (Verbal Commit to Florida) 6’1, 177

PG James Robinson 6’3, 206

PG/SG Rodney Purvis 6’4, 190

SG Omar Calhoun (Connecticut) 6’6, 189

SG Ricardo Ledo 6’6, 193

SG/SF Cameron Biedschild (Notre Dame) 6’7, 173

PF/C Brice Johnson 6’10, 185

PF/C DaJuan Coleman 6’9, 290

C Nerlens Noel 7’0, 201

USA West

PG LJ Rose 6’3, 189

PG J-Mychal Reese 6’2, 172

SG Rasheed Sulaimon (Duke) 6’5, 185

SG/SF Danuel House 6’7, 183

SG/SF Matt Jones 6’5, 182

SF/PF Aaron Gordon 6’8, 207

SF/PF Brandon Ashley 6’7, 191

PF Julius Randle 6’9, 243

PF/C Tony Parker 6’10, 285

PF/C Grant Jerrett (Arizona) 6’10, 220

USA Midwest

PG Marcus Paige (North Carolina) 6’2, 156

PG Terry Rozier 6’1, 168

SG Archie Goodwin 6’5, 181

SG Gary Harris 6’6, 198

SG/SF JP Tokoto (North Carolina) 6’7, 185

SF Jabari Parker 6’9, 222

SF/PF Alex Poythress 6’8, 213

PF Jarnell Stokes 6’9, 256

PF/C Mitch McGary 6’11, 258

C Daniel Ochefu 6’11, 232

http://nikeglobalchallenge.com/ngc_teams.htm

Looks like a great bunch of players, should be a number of really close match-ups. I think I honestly like the Midwest team the best. Here is a recap of last year:

http://www.nbadraft.net/nike-global-challenge-recap

The Southern team won last year, and I remember PJ Hairston being incredibly difficult to contain. The scoring guards on every team look fantastic, and more than likely many will probably choose the East to win, but it really is about how the entire team plays as a whole. PG play will be very important, and I think that the Midwest may have the best floor general in Marcus Paige. Not to mention, I expect Mitch McGary to use his size and strength to his advantage, and for Jabari Parker to more than likely be the standout underclassmen of the tourney. I am sure Adidas Nations will be stacked with some great players, but the Global Challenge has just about everyones favorite three prospects in the class of 2013 playing against each other in Nerlens Noel, Julius Randle and Jabari Parker. No 2014’s playing for any of the US teams, but I expect Andrew Wiggins to play like he belongs, much like last year.

WizardofOz
    Participant

Is there anyway we’re going to be able to watch this?

WizardofOz
    Participant

Is there anyway we’re going to be able to watch this?

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

You should be able to stream them from Oregon Live, though I am guessing information will more than likely be handed out closer to the date of the tournament. Last year, I streamed a few of the games and that was the basis of which I posted my article. So, I am guessing this year should be much of the same, hopefully.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

You should be able to stream them from Oregon Live, though I am guessing information will more than likely be handed out closer to the date of the tournament. Last year, I streamed a few of the games and that was the basis of which I posted my article. So, I am guessing this year should be much of the same, hopefully.

Johnny Chill

They have listed as PF/C.

I think his game is more fit as a true center. I doubt he has the footspeed to keep up with many PF’s in his age group.

Johnny Chill

They have listed as PF/C.

I think his game is more fit as a true center. I doubt he has the footspeed to keep up with many PF’s in his age group.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

They have him listed as a PF. I agree, he is probably more of a Center down the line, but I do not think foot speed has been to much of an issue, and he very well could play 4 or 5 in college. He is versatile and I think many list him as a 4, maybe so they can have him stand out as being a kid that went from bottom of the Top 100 to #1 PF, but I think he can probably take some time at the 4, and will more than likely do so if he plays on a team with a bigger, even less mobile player, which is certainly possible.

PS Why is everyone offended about what I wrote about probably being able to see the games on Oregon Live, which is a website on the websites home page? If I am able to see the game by live streaming last year, I will assume everyone will be able to again this year. It came in clear and well, and they will probably have more info closer to the day of the tourney. As soon as I find out exactly where it is, I will tell you all. Jesus do people get edgy on here, lol

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

They have him listed as a PF. I agree, he is probably more of a Center down the line, but I do not think foot speed has been to much of an issue, and he very well could play 4 or 5 in college. He is versatile and I think many list him as a 4, maybe so they can have him stand out as being a kid that went from bottom of the Top 100 to #1 PF, but I think he can probably take some time at the 4, and will more than likely do so if he plays on a team with a bigger, even less mobile player, which is certainly possible.

PS Why is everyone offended about what I wrote about probably being able to see the games on Oregon Live, which is a website on the websites home page? If I am able to see the game by live streaming last year, I will assume everyone will be able to again this year. It came in clear and well, and they will probably have more info closer to the day of the tourney. As soon as I find out exactly where it is, I will tell you all. Jesus do people get edgy on here, lol

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login