This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar cap777 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    idunnonymore
    Participant

this draft class seems very weak.what u guys think of it.can i get a comparison enes kanter and tell me somethin about him wat he does best and his weaknesses.please

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

this draft class seems very weak

You serious?

idunnonymore
    Participant

yea it does only see one superstar in it

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

I think this is a above average Draft Class.

Kanter, Barnes, Jones and Ivring are studs

Vesely and Donatas are the euros

There are also some super sleepers like Wesley Witherspoon and Kelea King. I think this is a potentially great draft class. The 2010 class had so much depth and this class could potentially be the same.

NashyMing
    Participant

Almost every draft class looks weak…before the season even started!!!

I recalled quite a few times people calling out weak draft class and then as the season goes on, more and more talent identified and ended up the draft became solid or even deep. It is too early to make a call.

The biggest question is in the case of an NBA lockout, who would actually come out next year? This can be the difference between a “weak” draft class and a “strong” draft class.

Morey (Rockets GM) mentioned it last year that he expected the 2010 and 2012 draft class to be strong because a lot of underclassmen would get in for 2010 draft and some people may stay an extra year to skip the 2011 draft if the NBA has a lockout. These guys would then flood into the 2012 draft to make another strong draft class.

There are quite a few players with star potential…
    Harrison Barnes, Jared Sullinger, Enes Kanter, Perry Jones, Kyrie Irving

weballin.net
    Participant

I don’t think this draft is weak, the freshman class is good (Barnes Sullinger, Knight), the overseas class is very good (Kanter, Vesely, Motiejunas and there may have some French prospects coming like centers Frejus Zerbo and Bengaly Fofana). The class may not be as deep as the 2010 class but there are a lot of good players

stanford hoops

Kanter has skills but has alot of work to do. He looks great agAinst hs stars in allstar games but no so much when matched with good college players and hs stars while at lebrons camp

McWinning
    Participant

I remember the 2009 class was supposed to be superweak.

Right now it looks like its an extremely deep class.

I dont think you can judge a class for r a long time.

JNixon
    Participant

Lol, this draft isn’t going to be weak….Plenty of talent in the 2011 class.

The 2009 class was supposed to be weak too, but look back at it now…It’s way too early to say a class will be weak

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Watch out for Keala King and Wesley Witherspoon.

Both could be 1st round picks next year.

JNixon
    Participant

I was the FIRST person on this site to mention Wesley Witherspoon. If Gatorheels was here, he could vouch for me lol

shelleyshell
    Participant

If he enters the 2011 draft Greg Smith will be the steal of the draft.Much better player than Enas Kanter,definately a top 5 bigman in the country for college players

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

NCAA returnees who I think will be in the first round:
    John Henson- lottery
    Marcus Morris- lottery
    Jimmer Fredette- late lottery
    Elias Harris- late lottery, the WCs are going to really raise his stock if he plays as well as he should.
    Travis Leslie- Terrence Williams type draft leap will be coming, late-lottery to mid-first
    Jordan Hamilton- should bust out with Bradley and James in the NBA, late lottery to mid-first
    Kris Joseph- bust out year with Johnson in the NBA, late lottery to mid-first
    Trey Thompkins- mid-to-late first
    Marshawn Powell- mid-to-late first
    Kyle Singler- mid-to-late first
    Derrick Williams- mid-to-late first
    Nolan Smith- late first
    Markieff Morris- late first
    Robbie Hummel- late first
    Yancy Gates- late first
    Kevin Jones- late first
    Klay Thompson- late first
    Jimmy Butler- late first
    Matthew Bryan-Amaning- late first

I’ll give Kemba Walker, Corey Fisher, Demetri McCamey, Malcolm Delaney, Kalin Lucas, and Brandon Triche a shot. Point guards have their stock get tied to the team’s winning more than any other position.

International
    Jan Vesely- lottery
    Donatas Motiejunas-lottery
    I’ll be curious to see Benzing, Edwin Jackson, Pablo Aguilar, and Nikolaos Pappas in the WCs.

There will probably be another 7 or 8 one-and-done first rounders.

cap777
    Participant

I played against him sophmore year before he transferred to St. Patricks. I’m still in denial of his talent because he really did not seem like anything special back then. However I was 6’5″ sophmore year and he was definitely under 6’0″ he must’ve grown a bit too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login