This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JayhawkFan23 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    JayhawkFan23
    Participant

Since the lockout is over, free agency will be starting pretty soon. There’s not any superstars out there, but there is some guys that can be good starters, and key players to teams. Lets look at some of the guys that are out there for the taking..

(R)= Restricted Free Agent

(R) Jeff Green, 2011 Team: Celtics

Glen Davis, 2011 Team: Celtics

Caron Butler, 2011 Team: Mavs

Tyson Chandler, 2011 Team: Mavs

(R) Wilson Chandler, 2011 Team: Nuggets

Kenyon Martin, 2011 Team: Nuggets

J.R. Smith, 2011 Team: Nuggets

(R) Rodney Stuckey, 2011 Team: Pistons

Tayshawn Prince, 2011 Team: Pistons

(R) DeAndre Jordan, 2011 Team: Clippers

(R) Marc Gasol, 2011 Team: Grizzlies

Shane Battier, 2011 Team: Grizzlies

David West, 2011 Team: Hornets

Jason Richardson, 2011 Team: Magic

(R) Thaddeus Young, 2011 Team: 76ers

(R) Aaron Brooks, 2011 Team: Suns

Grant Hill, 2011 Team: Suns

(R) Greg Oden, 2011 Team: Trail Blazers

Josh Howard, 2011 Team: Wizards

Where do you think these guys could end up? What team is their best fit? Let the Free Agent Frenzy begin!

bedrock23
    Participant

If im the knicks im trying to get DeAndre Jordan because they not going to have enough money for Tyson or Marc and they shouldn’t take a risk for Greg. And knicks need a big man.

JaeEvolution
    Participant

You forgot Jamal Crawford, but I have a feeling Celtics are going to get one of the elite centers, those being Nene, Gasol, Chandler, and maybe even Oden, I just feel it.

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

If fairness was the owner’s main concern in this Lock Out then the Celtics getting one of the best Centers out there is just a slap in the face to fans who sat by and waited for this to end…If The Lakers get Howard through some lopsidded trade or the Knicks get Chris Paul using the Billups contract and Landry Fields it’s a slap in the face, If the Nets trade Williams to the Mavs for a bunch of expiring contracts and Roddy Beubios it’s a slap in the face…If teams above the Tax threshold can still Rob teams blind of their talent then what did we go through this BS Lock Out for??? I knew it was a Cash Grab by the owners disguised as a Stance on Fairness(but I thought the other 25 teams not named the Heat/Lakers/Celtics/Bulls and Knicks would at least try to compete for the Talent on their own rosters…) If lopsided deals become the standard then what has changed…???

NCarmean18
    Participant

The one thing I can see happening is the Celtics going after a center.  In my eyes, I see them taking Nene from Denver.  Nene is a solid center and top 5 in the NBA in my opinion.  I may be a little biased because I am a Nuggets fan, but I have seen plenty good from this guy and little bad. 

He’d be a good option for the Celtics because of Rajon Rondo.  Rondo finds ways to get Jermaine O’Neal open dunks and I think having Nene would benefit them even more.  I like Nene here more than anywhere else as I think he could put up nice scoring and rebounding numbers for an older Celtics team.  He dunks quite well for a 7-footer and can shoot the medium range shot.  He also shoots around 70% from the free throw line. 

Good numbers all around for a team trying to make it back to the finals.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

There were rumours about the pacers going after david west, would be great for the pacers if they can get him cheap enough and he can remain healthy.

I think chandler, battier and gasol stay with their existing teams as they seem happy there – its not all about trying to chase the very highest dollar.

I could seriously see kahn doing something crazy and overpaying for oden…..

Nene is prob one of the best players and will be highly sought after.  Some may say the nuggets new tean after the melo split is actually better. If they can keep Nene and maybe add 1 or 2 more pieces they should do well again.

Prince i think is a bit undervalued but would be great for a lot contending or playoff teams.  His stock is down from last season but he still is a great team player. He usually plays 82 games most season, has all the playoff experience, plays good defence and is very versatile.  He would provide leadership both on and off the court. He would fit in well with the Mavs instead of injury prone Butler. Marion can play sf and pf so prince would fit in well with him and dirk.

Prince would also fit great with the Lakers, his defence isn’t that far off artest but he would be an asset over artest in virtually all other areas…  He would also give the Hawks a lift in the SF department if he were to sign with them.

M-DYMES
    Participant

" its not all about trying to chase the very highest dollar."

Lol.  After all that we witnessed over the last few months, I’m not so sure. 

fastdan
    Participant

Minny offering Nene and Chandler 12mil a year

Lotto Stud
    Participant

IMO these are the guys who command the most attention.

With Jordan, you just don’t find that many young talented Centers in the game with his upside right now. The big question that will be looming around La La Land is will the Clips match whatever offer comes his way. Me personally, I would hope so to keep Blake happy.

Gasol played his heart out in the playoffs, which showed he is well deserving of the tag that will be placed upon him.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Another thing is, will a team jump out the window to make Portland match Oden’s offer?

Hitster
    Participant

David West is perhaps the most proven scorer amongst the FA’s but we have yet to really see him minus CP3 and although he has only been in the league for 8 seasons, he is already 31 years old and is coming back off an injury so teams may be reluctant to give him a huge deal. That said on say a 3 or 4 year deal he’d be a good fit for the Pacers and maybe the Nets. At the Pacers, he becomes the senior player and can back up Danny Grainger and has a developing core around him and at NJ he will have a top level PG in D-Will and it gives them a 3rd option alongside D-Will and Lopez.

JayhawkFan23
    Participant

I think the Celtics need to sign J-Rich as the 6th man. He could make the celtics contenders in the East once more before the big 3 guys retire.

aamir543
    Participant

Grant Hill’s a Free Agnet? I expect a team like the Mavs, the Thunder, or even teh Grizz to make a run at him. But the Mavs would be in great shape if they could get him. He will be much cheaper than Butler, and isn’t too much of a downgrade. And if you count players from their championship run, than they haven’t lost anyone yet. I just expect them to amnesty Haywood(maybe not now, but soon), and with the addition of Fernandez and possibly another cheap but productive Free Agent, than the Mavs could be even more loaded, cause I think Hill would sign for the minimum.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Is he a FA ? He has been in the league since 1994 and deserves a shot at a ring.

Grant Hill flashback 1996 – was beasting from the SF position long before James came around

21.4pt    9reb   7.3ass

Hitster
    Participant

Grant if he decides to play another year, will surely get a lot of offers from contenders given his point forward ability, defence and being an all round good locker room presence.

JayhawkFan23
    Participant

Here’s an update after yesterdays signings

(R) Jeff Green, 2011 Team: Celtics

Glen Davis, 2011 Team: Celtics

Caron Butler, 2011 Team: Mavs    ,Signed to the Clippers for 3 years.

Tyson Chandler, 2011 Team: Mavs

(R) Wilson Chandler, 2011 Team: Nuggets

Kenyon Martin, 2011 Team: Nuggets

J.R. Smith, 2011 Team: Nuggets

(R) Rodney Stuckey, 2011 Team: Pistons

Tayshawn Prince, 2011 Team: Pistons

Shane Battier, 2011 Team: Grizzlies

David West, 2011 Team: Hornets

Jason Richardson, 2011 Team: Magic

(R) Thaddeus Young, 2011 Team: 76ers   ,Re-Signed with the 76ers on a multi year deal.

(R) Aaron Brooks, 2011 Team: Suns

Grant Hill, 2011 Team: Suns   ,Re-Signed with the Suns on a 1 year deal.

(R) Greg Oden, 2011 Team: Trail Blazers   ,Re-Signed with the Blazers on a 1 year deal.

Josh Howard, 2011 Team: Wizards

Gilbert Arenas, 2011 Team: Magic   ,Was waived by the Magic yesterday.

Vince Carter, 2011 Team: Suns   ,Was waived by the Suns yesterday.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login