This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Henry25 14 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    the barron
    Participant

The SEC had a tough year in 08-09. Only three teams went to the big dance and no players were drafted in the first round of this years draft. But as we all know Coach Cal is at Kentucky and is bringing top recruits like John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins. With the return of players like Patrick Patterson, Tyler Smith, Jarvis Varnardo(the best shot blocker in college basketball) and Micheal Washington the SEC should have plenty of potential first rounders. The SEC has plenty of talent and this is my list of the top ten prospects for the 2010 draft:

1. John Wall 6’4 PG Kentucky
    2. Patrick Patterson 6’8 PF Kentucky
    3. Jarvis Varnardo 6’9 PF Mississippi St
    4. DeMarcus Cousins 6’10 PF/C Kentucky
    5. Tyler Smith 6’7 SF Tennessee
    6. Renardo Sidney 6’10 C/PF Mississippi St
    7. Micheal Washington 6’10 PF Arkansas
    8. AJ Ogilvy 6’11 C Vanderbilt
    9. Terrico White 6’5 PG/SG Ole Miss
    10. Tasmin Mitchell 6’7 SF LSU

The SEC is loaded with plenty of potential first round talent including the probable first overall pick. Several players like JP Prince and Scotty Hopson of Tennessee, Dominique Archie and Devan Downey of South Carolina could be second round picks. Newcomers like Kenny Boynton of Florida and John Jenkins of Vanderbilt can also play themselves into the draft.

koty
    Participant

Patterson is a little too high for an undersized PF. Cousins is a better pro prospect than him.

butidonthavemoney

Don’t forget my man Daniel Orton.

JNixon
    Participant

1. John Wall
    2.DeMarcus Cousins
    3.Patrick Patterson
    4.Jarvis Varnado
    5.Michael Washington
    6.Renardo Sidney
    7.Tyler Smith
    8.Terrico White
    9.Senario Hillman
    10.Devan Downey

NYKnicksuperFan
    Participant

shocking how no Florida guys are on ths list, a testament to how theyve fallen and how Donavan should have taken the Orlando Magic job

also Renardo Sidney if he gets his personal issues starightened out can become a 1st rounder

Henry25
    Participant

If we are talking about just prospects than I’ll put Sidney at #2 right behind John Wall. Honestley Sidney is a very rare talent, and if he get his weight issues settled and has a solid season for Miss. State (something like 17-20ppg, 8-10rpg, and 2bpg) and if they make a nice little run in the tournaments then I can really see Sidney going top ten in next years draft. I would draft his over Cousins in a heartbeat. Cousins is ovverated if u ask me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login