2010 in question for the KNICKS but not the BOTTOM of the ATLANTIC DIVISION

Stanford hoops
talks means there was no

talks means there was no offer..it means they talked and either the player wanted mor emoney then a team is willing to give or the player just wasnt interested..or if the player contacted the team and the team told the player they werent interested (von wafer is one instant and i know this on for a fact because my agent nad his agent are friends) ..the knicks went after him but im pretty sure you wont find that anywhere on here..you have to realize theres alot of stuff going on that people are told or that isnt broadcasted . im not sure if you grew up in a lower class income house hold or not but if you did then you should know there are things that people in the streets know more about then the news papers or the police

bkballer
I love charles Barkley

I love charles Barkley however he has said a lot of "right" things in his career. The guy talks out of his ass 99% of the time which is why hes a funny dude, but i would never take him serious.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
iguodala9- whats you fav

iguodala9- whats you fav team?

Stanford hoops
but back to my non hating

but back to my non hating point..the knicks right now arent good

bkballer
Ummmmm von wafer was cut

Ummmmm von wafer was cut from the Knicks before last season started, and even though in hindsight that was a mistake i highly doubt we go after a guy we just cut 9 months ago, and if we did i wouldn't expect him to even listen to us. And no you are incorrect the Knicks were only looking to spend the mid-level since that is all they have and there havent been a lot of players going for that cheap. Kidd was always considered option A and we devoted the first week to him. All the players that have been signed were signed to long term deals for a lot more money. thats why u see us going for "older" players because they are cheap. We wouldnt throw a lot of money at players when we have our own players we don't know if we can pay (lee, nate). Knicks never expected to make a big signing this summer.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
im not sure if you grew up

im not sure if you grew up in a lower class income house hold or not but if you did then you should know there are things that people in the streets know more about then the news papers or the police

Josh- what does that have to do with anything?

bkballer
haha love your streets

haha love your streets reference i grew up in brooklyn buddy i know a lot more about "streets" than you. Where are you from again?

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
bkballer what part of

bkballer what part of Brooklyn u from?

I was in Gowanus Projects...

Stanford hoops
means just because you dont

means just because you dont see it in the paper or on basketball websites doesnt mean it didnt happen....if you dont understand you dont understand..time to move on.....yeah barkley is pretty funny..sometime si do wonder if he beleives some of the things he actually says..lol..but hes more of the jester of the show

The lake show2
The lake show2's picture
i know exactly what you are

i know exactly what you are talking about josh..it was pretty obvious

Stanford hoops
so the fact youre from

so the fact youre from brooklyn means you know more about the streets then me?..lol..im not even gonna dignify that with a comment...and im from south east d.c grew up in barry farms.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
Nobody asked what does that

Nobody asked what does that mean.....

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
BK ALL DAY! LOL

BK ALL DAY! LOL

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
To make a long story

To make a long story short....The Knicks will be in the playoffs 2010-2011 season.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
South DC?

South DC?

The lake show2
The lake show2's picture
ive been to both places(not

ive been to both places(not barry farms im smart enough not to go there) but i remember d.c seeing things while in and about south east d.c...glad you made it out...same with you bk if you made it to an adult out there in brooklyn...and for anyone..there are punks in all cities so where u from dont make you more street then the next guy who isnt from a rough city

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
i agree it doesn't matter

i agree it doesn't matter where u are from....people r crazy everywhere. Everybody has problems

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I agree.

I agree.

Stanford hoops
southeast d.c not

southeast d.c not south...and yeah i agree thats why i didnt make any comment about being more street then someone because where im from..pointless

Stanford hoops
yeah i think its a very good

yeah i think its a very good chance they are in the playoffs during the 10-11 season

JNixon
JNixon's picture
To Knickboy. My favorite

To Knickboy. My favorite team is the Sixers.

bkballer
I didnt mean it like that,

I didnt mean it like that, that im more street or w/e i just thought it was funny the way you phrased it, like i'm some boy in a bubble that only reads newspapers. anyways none of us really knows what will happen but it is fun to speculate and argue about it haha

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
Wouldn't it be great for the

Wouldn't it be great for the league though if LeBron went to New York? It would bring a lot of excitement for me I know that. It would be the END OF THE WORLD for Cleveland. I feel bad for Cavs fans if King James leaves...really.

Stanford hoops
i used it as a point i was

i used it as a point i was making..and trust im not taking none of this personallly and enjoy the arguements..me and knicksboy from time to time argue about plenty of things from holiday to wall to favors to the knicks..yet i dont take it personally and still will help him with the overseas part of his web site. if we all agreed all the time this site would get pretty boring

bkballer
It would definitely make

It would definitely make things very interesting, i am actually not the biggest fan of Lebron personally but without a doubt would welcome him to my team. I feel like cleveland deserves to keep lebron, if he leaves it will be a total disaster that the franchise wont recover from for about as long as the knicks have been recovering our dumb moves. That team is too old and since they have been so good lately don't have any young draft talent either. Even though this probably wouldn't happen if i could have that offseason play out my way we would get Wade, i want him a lot more than Lebron.

bkballer
haha i would hope you don't

haha i would hope you don't take it personally, arguing is one of the best parts in sports.

NYK2010
how is it bleak for the Knicks?

a lot of Knicks haters, misssing out on Hill and Kidd was a good thing. Last thing we need are two old guys, they did well in the draft getting Hill and Douglas. Walsh in one year has cleaned up most of Isiah's mess don't rule out him trading Curry or Jeffries for expiring contracts it could happen still. The team is improving they have Chandler, Galinari, Douglas, Hill pretty good young talent problem is the vets Hughes, Duhon, Jeffries, Curry, Darko, just not that good. They still have Lee and Nate to use as trade bait maybe for a draft pick next year. If the Jazz don't match Millsap's contract only OKC can offer Lee more than mid level, if he stays for 1 year the team is definately a lot better. Signing on a young team with cap room usually appeals to guys if not why is Wade basically locked up for an extension.

7 years with a bad team repeatedly making things worse w/ trades & free agent signings, waiting one more year to be competititve is def. worth it. To everyone who think the Cavs have Lebron locked up look at their roster for next year already stuck with overrated guys like Mo Williams, Varajao, West, Gibson, and project young guys Hickson, Jackson, Eyanga. If Lebron stays they don't have much cap room and and older supporting cast even when Shaq leaves.

mbrown6495
toney douglas is the future

toney douglas is the future point guard in ny

Stanford hoops
nyk2010...if hickson is a

nyk2010...if hickson is a project then jordan hill has to be a project also because i dont think he is better than hickson..id say they are even...it doesnt make sense to say mo is overrated but yet say chandler galinari douglas are pretty good talent then sau duhon jeffries,curry darko are vets. come on now..i know you are a knicks fan but are u serious.the last 3 on the knicks falls under vets catagory but mo,west and varajao fall under the overrated catagory??????

bkballer
to his credit he called the

to his credit he called the vets the problem so i don't think he was giving them a compliment. The "vets" on the knicks are awful but they do have a decent amount of young players that COULD be really good one day.

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
Hill is a lot better than

Hill is a lot better than Hickson.
Duhon is a backup at best.
Darko still has some potential. Maybe being in this new system will help.
Jefferies & Curry are scrubs now. However, Curry has apparently gotten in good shape so we will see if he has improved.
Douglas is pretty good. I think he is just another combo guard though like Bayless, Foye, etc...
Chandler has potential but he will never be a star.
Galinari is the wild card. He has to really improve this year. If he becomes a bust then New York is in a little bit of trouble.

Varejao is overated & overpaid. I would rather have Jordan Hill starting at PF than Varejao.
Mo choked in the playoffs. So did West. They are both descent guards who just can't get the job done when the pressure is on.

bkballer
And i know this draft was

And i know this draft was weak but jordan hill was projected anywhere from 5-8 and hickson was projected early second round. I dont think it was that much weaker lol, so i will give the edge to hill for now. And i do think mo is overrated, thats not to say hes worse than chandler as a player but i don't think hes as far ahead as people would say.

bkballer
i know its a stupid

i know its a stupid arguement because they do have james, but hypothetically i can say im not being biased when i say knicks > cavs without lebron

Stanford hoops
how can you give hill the

how can you give hill the advantage when he hasnt even played in the nba yet?...ok my opinion is..darko is a bust chandler is good duhon is a back up douglas is unproven mo williams is a better pg then any pg the knicks have on there roster gallinari is unproven still and injury prone Varejao played well he is what he is and he does exactly what he is suppossed to do..delonte west produces....im not gonna argue much about about this because both teams players arent very good..out of all the ones you have named ill buy chandler being good young talent..i wont buy darko since hes played for three different teams and wasnt that good for any of them..duhon sucks..basically we are comparing 2 pretty average/below average group of players

and i do think danny green is gonna be a good player

BasketballGuru24
BasketballGuru24's picture
If Lebron Leaves

If Lebron Leaves Cleveland.......Im Pretty Sure He Wouldn't be Allowed to come back

meisi4
i agree it is a good

i agree it is a good question why nobody wanted to come this summer! my answer is with players like kidd, hill or some other old FA is that they knew the knicks won´t be a good team next year! next summer that COULD be different (not saying it will happen) becuase they have more money and lets just take amare just for example they will be able to ensure him they are goning to go after antoher quality FA...
in general i think the knicks didn´t try to go after FA so desperatly like they will next year and with a much smaller amount of money that could be a reason for nobody coming... that doesn´t mean the question is bad it is just a possible answer!

okay i agree to your definiton of doing bad! for me talent on your team has to be considerd as well when we talk about success but that only makes it worse for the knicks! and youre right: the knicks are right now one of the worst teams in the league and will be next year!
all i´m saying is that they don´t have another possibility to hope for 2010!

so i see your points and agree to most of them but i would like to know what you would do if you where d'antoni/walsh? of course they are bad but they are trying to change that! or is there another way to do so in your opinion?

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
Josh....I give Hill the edge

Josh....I give Hill the edge over Hickson because I have seen them both play a lot. Hill is simply the better player. I don't have to see him play in the nba. Hill is taller, runs the floor way better, better defender, better rebounder, longer, etc..

Lets just assume David Lee stays in New York which is looking more & more likely. Look at who can surround LeBron in the 2010/2011 season. Which team do you honestly think is better? Big Z & Shaq will leave Cleveland after 2010. Both teams will have money to add more free agents in 2010 to help out LeBron.

PG-Mo Williams/Gibson
SG-Anthony Parker/West
SF-LeBron/Green
PF-Varejao/Hickson
C-????

PG- Douglas
SG- Chandler/Douglas
SF- LeBron/Gallinari
PF- Hill/Jefferies
C- Lee/Curry

Its pretty close...I think Douglas is a combo guard and would be better coming off the bench.. The Kicks need to sign a true PG. Who knows maybe the Knicks can somehow trade Curry &orJefferies. I think New York should pickup Livingston & Telfair in the 2010 free agent market. I think they could get both of them fairly cheap. Bonner would be a solid pickup (Lees' former teammate). Obviously Bosh, Amare, Boozer, & Dirk are available. I think Boozer would be the easiest to acquire just guessing.

New Lineup
PG- Telfair/Livingston/Douglas
SG-Chandler/Douglas
SF-LeBron/Gallinari
PF-Boozer/Hill/Bonner
C-Lee/Hill/Bonner

Knicks would probably find a better PG in the 2011 free agent market. Assuming Telfair, Livingston, or Dougals didn't develop into a solid starter.

knicksfreak
knicksfreak's picture
Josh

You keep bringing up the Knicks not signing the players they targeted this offseason. Those players were Jason Kidd and Grant Hill. Kidd stayed in Dallas for much more money than the Knicks could have offered. Hil stayed in Phoenix because Nash is supposed to sign a contract extension. Neither of these players have ever won a championship and maybe in their crazy minds they think they can win where they are. Who knows. I'm not upset we missed out on them. More relieved. The Knicks were not/could not go full on after any free agents this year. It is well known that we are savingour load for next year and we just stuck our toe in free agnecy this year. If you dont believe that New York is a desirable destination then you are a fool. Why do so many NBA players talk about the grandeur of New York? Who are they trying to win brownie points from?

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
Came up with a pretty good

Came up with a pretty good trade for both of these teams (sign&trade)

Knicks get: Joe Johnson, Evans
Hawks get: David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Jefferies

knicksfreak
knicksfreak's picture
I dont like it. We can

I dont like it. We can probably sign Johnson in 2010 without losing Chandler and Lee.

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
That is a good point.

That is a good point. Getting rid of Jefferies bad contract though helps a lot.

deshawynkeys91
i've finally figured it out....

i've finally figured it out.... u knicks fans have been looking at the TRASH (a.k.a your roster) for so long that its started to look like TRESURE..

Gatorheel i can't believe u said that u don't need to see a player play in the league to know what he can do.. do u remember the type of summer league j. hickson had last year he was ripping it up to the point ppl were talking about him being a soild rotation player for the cavs--> that didn't work out. do u recall the summer j. bayless had last year again not a big deal when it came to the regular season so don't tell me j. hill is better than anyone yet!

knicksfreak
knicksfreak's picture
A Toronto fan is talking

A Toronto fan is talking about a trash roster? You idiots just paid the Italian bust chucker like he's something special. Not to mention you act like Hedo will be the answer. I'm just going to laugh when Derozan is a bust and Bosh leaves next year. Lee is better than anybody on your team except Bosh(who wont be there for long). Oh, Calderon is better than Duhon whoopdeedoo. You overpaid for your Euro-trio. Enjoy mediocrity for eternity.

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
Part of scouting is

Part of scouting is projecting how good of an nba player a person can become...that being said I am telling u that Hill is better than Hickson. After this season you will see exactly what I was talking about.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
deshawynkeys91 is a idiot

deshawynkeys91 is a idiot and a hater

You dont like NY so let is go why do u care why NY fans want to believe?

RSS: Syndicate content