2010 in question for the KNICKS but not the BOTTOM of the ATLANTIC DIVISION

deshawynkeys91
2010 in question for the KNICKS but not the BOTTOM of the ATLANTIC DIVISION

2010 in question for the KNICKS but not the BOTTOM of the ATLANTIC DIVISION! It is clear that the knicks are not going to be able make any impact moves to their roster for the upcoming season (unless u consider resigning d. lee or n. robinson one which i dont) so u can write them in for bottom of the atlantic division again for this season. The question i have is with the Knicks having all there eggs tied up in HOPE for sign multiple impact players next off season is what if that falls through? what next? and which players really wants to put his name next to the dotted line before he knows there is someone else of note in N.Y first?

I think its time for Knick fans to start to worry/ open there eyes! especially when the coach is starting to become a non believer.... some food for thought ppl

-D'Antoni made a startling admission yesterday, during the Knicks' first summer-league practice yesterday at Valley High: "One star may not feel comfortable coming to the Knicks next season without a marquee sidekick."

Eight straight losing seasons haven't made the Knicks the NBA place-to-be, with Hill and Kidd using the Knicks as bargaining chips. The Knicks have cap space next summer for the superstar-studded free-agent class, but will James, Wade, Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudemire want to join a losing program on their own? Hill and Kidd didn't.

Right now, the Knicks are not relevant," said a prominent player agent with a few high-profile clients in the free agent class of 2010. "Only the media in New York keeps them relevant. The Knicks are trying to do the right thing but they've got a long way to go."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/07/11/2009-07-

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
You are underestimating the

You are underestimating the 2010 free agent market...it is loaded with LOTS of really good free agents outside of the mega stars. So the Knicks are going to be greatly improved even if they don't get LeBron, Wade, Bosh, or Amare. Not getting Kidd or Hill was a great thing for New York. Also I think a big star would come to New York alone for the simple fact that it is a big market, big stage, big payday, & a fun system to play in. Not to mention stars want the attention and they want the challenge of turning around a team.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
All and All, we need to wait

All and All, we need to wait till 2010. There are many players that can come to NY.

Rajon Rondo is a FA in 2010, Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson etc. The point is people got so happy when the cap went down because it "cripples the Knicks" when we still will have about 3/4 of the cap money unused in 2010. We could move Curry's Contract and Jefferies and we could add anyone in the league.

Kidd never wanted to be a Knick. Hill only wanted to consider the Knicks but his wife wanted to live in NY

deshawynkeys91
What u seem to not understand is

What u seem to not understand is that alot of the "MEGA STARS"(sorry but the truth is there are only 3 maybe 4 of those guys in the nba but that another topic) that you are talking about are coming to the point in there career where they have made there money and know are looking for a team that can provided them with the chance to compete for a title and if u really think the knick can afford them that oppurtunity i've just lost any respect i have for u as a knowledge basketball mind.

but i do have to agree with u about the fact that the knicks not getting kidd or hill was probably the best thing that happened for them this off season

deshawynkeys91
knickboy come on ur better than that...

knickboy come on ur better than that... the writing is on the wall for the 2010 season and we all know how it is going to go down and i'm not even saying the knicks are not going to be able to lure some free agents to new york to play for them but they will not be getting the impact players that everyone in n.y is HOPING for eg Lebron, Wade , Dirk, Amare or Bosh. at best i see them overpaying for j. johnson (who has proven that he doesn't mind going to a bad situation if the money is right!) and getting a guy like c. boozer two okay players but not the type who are going to make the knicks a really contender anytime soon

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
Haha the Raptors aren't

Haha the Raptors aren't going to be serious contenders for a title either even if Bosh stays.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
and if u really think the

and if u really think the knick can afford them that oppurtunity i've just lost any respect i have for u as a knowledge basketball mind.

Um...check how many people are FA after 2010...

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
Knicks better than the

Knicks better than the Raptors after this season? Yep I think so.

Why would a big name free agent go to New York. Well I've said it a bunch of times and I'll say it again....big payday, big market, biggest stage, good coach, fun system, great city, lots of publicity, lots of stars, etc....

Bosh can't win in Toronto, same goes for Amare in Phoenix, LeBron in Clevland, Dirk in Dalls, & Wade in Miami....why wouldn't they want to go to New York?

BasketballGuru24
BasketballGuru24's picture
Nowitzki Will Go to The

Nowitzki Will Go to The Raptors And They Will Have A International Starting Line-Up In 2010

Pg- Jose Calderon
Sg- Carlos Delfino
SF- Hedo
Pf-Dirk
C-Bargani

Wouldn't That be Intresting ??

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
Your kidding about the Dirk

Your kidding about the Dirk thing right?

I heard the Raptors maybe moving....

maravich44
Knicks are a very bad team

Knicks are a very bad team at the right time. They will be in the lotto and are likely to come out with a stud rookie such as Wall or Davis. They have enough cap room to sign one or 2 stud players, and the opportunity of playing in New York is attractive to the stars for endorsement opportunities where they can really earn money. They can also play on the big stage and have the chance to be the hero that ressurects a once proud franchise.

I've seen the Bulls hope and get shut out, but Chicago isn't the city New York is, though I prefer Chicago, New York is more attractive to most. A superstar player will choose Knicks and will bring a posse. They will be a force within 3 years. Plus the NBA wants it that way. That can't hurt. Be ready to cry "conspiracy theory".

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
Toronto would still be

Toronto would still be weak....Delfino doesn't need to start at SG

To bad the Jazz owns the Knicks' 1st round pick in the 2010 draft

j1232e
what

I have never heard that (raptors moving) where are they considering.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I heard they may move

I heard they may move to

Seattle or Kansas City. Most Likely Kansas City to remain in the East

Also, if Sacramento does not get the Attendance up and a new stadium contract, they will most likely move to Seattle.

dwat4444
dwat4444's picture
My problem with Lebron

My problem with Lebron leaving is that it will take him 3 years to get that team to championship level(like Cleveland), even with another superstar. By that time he'll be 29, I think. So he'll have 5-7 years left to win titles? Even if he wins half of those he'll only have 3, so if he wants to be compared to Jordan he should stay in Cleveland and have a chance at 6. However, if he wants more sponsors and money then he should go to NY. Your choice lebron. Best player ever or money. IMO lebron should resign with cleveland for 10 million less. That plus their big contracts expiring like Big Z's 10 they'll have 20 million to sign a superstar. Don't that seem like a better Idea? Lebron will have his star but he won't have to restart.

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
NOPE....LeBron winning 6

NOPE....LeBron winning 6 titles in Cleveland hahahhaha....he will never even win 1

His only chance at being the greatest player ever is to go to the Knicks and become a true legend
Knicks will have a better supporting cast than the Cavs

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
Thank you Gator. What sounds

Thank you Gator.

What sounds better?

Im the Best player on the.......Cleveland Cavs

or

Im the Best SUPERSTAR ON THE NEW YORK

im not even gonna put Knicks at the end because they would just lap the 1st sentence.

knicksfreak
knicksfreak's picture
Dwat444

Why would it take Lebron 3 years to win a title with Lebron? The Knicks supporting cast is just as strong as Cleveland's. Boston is very old. Orlando just got older in trading for VC. The east is up for grabs in 2010.

Interesting news I heard was that Lebron and Wade seriously talked about playing in New York together in hopes of going down as the best team ever.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
where from

where from Knicksfreak.

Right now, Im on the Fence if we are gonna get LBJ?

bkballer
Haha i love all the Knick

Haha i love all the Knick haters, saying the knicks are irrelevant and that all the hopes lie in Lebron. Both of those statements couldn't be more wrong. Sure the team has been pretty miserable lately, but thats all due to the fact that we had awful management for a whole decade. Now that this is over with you guys all better believe the Knicks will only get better. Its interesting how irrelevant teams like the Knicks still have one of the best attendances and one of the biggest fan bases in the league even when they struggle. Knicks don't need Lebron either they have a lot of young talent and trust me somebody will sign. Knicks havent been under the cap in over a decade so the big misunderstanding about the excitement of shedding salary is not the fact that Lebron James is THE free agent, its just that he happens to be one of the biggest names when the franchise finally gets some cap room. You have to be crazy to believe that NO star will want to come to New York which believe it or not is believed by many to be the greatest city in the world. The Knicks will continue to get younger and better and will have a great supporting cast for w.e star/s decide to come.
I don't know if Lebron comes to New York or even leaves cleveland but the team thats in most trouble is the Cavs. IF they do lose Lebron they have NOTHING. No young talent and no free agent would ever consider cleveland without Lebron there. Cleveland could be headed for a very miserable rebuilding decade that the Knicks are just getting out of.

Stanford hoops
ya'll keep giving these

ya'll keep giving these reasons for players wanting to come to the knicks but ya'll didnt sign one free agent that ya'll was after..not saying the knicks wont sign any good ones next year but no one was killing there selfs to try to play for them this year..as far as d'antoni hes proven he is strickly a offensive coach but doesnt coach any defense ..so if a team is serious about winning a title then the knicks arent the answert..if they wanna score alot of points and be exciting while just getting a big pay day then yea the knicks are a good choice, which is why i think if the big names dont go there it will be because of those things...d'antoni's track record speaks for its self as far as what type of coach he is

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
Josh I think you hate the

Josh I think you hate the Knicks....

bkballer
His track record? The suns

His track record? The suns had an amazing team that has been doing nothing but slowly declining since hes left. And if you watched their games carefully one could argue that he was a lot closer to a championship than what a lot of the haters think. That year they lost to the spurs they had them before all the suspensions. To be very competitive in the west 3-4 years ago means a lot, that suns team would have won the east every year. And how do you expect Kidd to turn down over 8 million dollars a year when hes going to be 39, he was always very vocal about how he wanted to be a knick but at his stage in his career how can he turn down a final contract like that. And plus aging stars might not want to be part of a rebuilding process its not secret knicks wont win a title next year. But in another year they will get better and someone in their 20s is going to see this as a great opportunity.

bkballer
The only player to play for

The only player to play for d'antoni and not say he loves the guy was marbury and we all know the motives behind that. almost every lottery pick this year went on record to say that their dream is the Knicks to play for coach d'antoni.

Funny thing is when the knicks do get stars and do get good there will be new haters kinda like the ones the yankees have saying knicks are just big market bullies. New york teams will always be hated, if they struggle people pay attention and when they become good people find other reasons to hate.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
LOL....couldn't say it

LOL....couldn't say it better myself.

meisi4
first thing i read was that

first thing i read was that the knicks will be gonig for wall or davis in 2010? you know that will be difficult without a draft pick right!

second: i don´t see how anyone can say the knicks are doing bad? bad would have been to sign kidd and hill! but what else would you do with a team like this when you take it over? you have a bad team with almost no good contract and a buch of players that nobody wants even if he has to give nothing in return (think of jeffries). so what do you do else than try to get them off the books as soon as possible and hope to get some goof FA if that has happend!

i´m not saying lebron is coming or wade, bosh or amare but i think they could have a real chance for amare or bosh and then they will have some money for someone like johnson... that won´t make them a contender but a playoff team at least and with another trade or two and a lucky draft pick in some years they could have a real chance in two or three years.

and even if like you said nobody will be willing to go to NY (which won´t happen at least one decent player will want the money) is there anything that could get worse? i mean hoestly if you are paying more than 15 million for eddy curry and jared jeffries is there a way to make things worse? is there a way to get worse contracts in 2010? i don´t think so!

the knicks are doing the right thing! it is not sure it will work but it is the only thing they can do!

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
Only Josh says the Knicks

Only Josh says the Knicks are doing bad...

bkballer
Knicks have been pretty bad,

Knicks have been pretty bad, however to say that we don't have a MUCH better future now than we did at this point last year is just silly. We were just recently a big joke, however don't be too surpised if they sneak into the playoffs this year.

meisi4
i know only josh is saying

i know only josh is saying that and i kind of adressed him... i wanted to give my opinon here on the situation:

can´t get any worse in NY!

Stanford hoops
first the knicks are doing

first the knicks are doing bad..when you have the record that they had then youre doing bad...could they be doing worst yes..ya'll have a different definition on what doing bad is then i do obviously...to me..making the playoffs is doing good...barely missing it is doing not so good..anything other that is doing bad..with me its that simple..it has nothing to do with not liking the knicks its just some of ya'll are way too sensitive ....some of ya'll say how great it is to play in newyork and this and that so i asked a simple question...if its so great why havnt free agents been rushing to play there this year even if its for a year...if a realtor said some area was a great place because of everything they had yet no one moved there wouldnt you at least ask why no one has moved there yet?..thats a very basic non hating question...so dont be so damn sensitive about it...and meisi4 saying..it cant get any worst means that they are a horrible team correct?..cuz if something cant get any worst then that means they are at rock bottom if im not mistaken

Stanford hoops
so what would ya'll say the

so what would ya'll say the knicks are right now??..good?..average team?...thats a negitive and ya'll know it..you call a spade a spade its that simple

bkballer
Noone is being sensitive and

Noone is being sensitive and noone is saying the Knicks havent been bad, thats not what we are discussing here. You stated that Knick fans should be worried because noone will want to play here based on your brilliant research of two aging players, one of which was unbelievably overpaid and the other who has kids enrolled in school in phoenix. You are also stating that Knicks are headed in the wrong direction because they are clearing cap space which is complete baloney because Walsh inherited a big mess and while we wont be championship contenders just yet we wont be in the bottom 10 either. I just think its unnecessary to state that the Knicks have had a bad few years because its not rocket science and your opinion of them not getting better is ludicrous and just sounds like wishful thinking. Get over it Knicks will clear money and people will come. I wonder what team you are a fan of....

The lake show2
The lake show2's picture
first ..josh huestis..is

first ..josh huestis..is that youre real name?..i have a nephew by that name who plays hs basketball in montana..i told people about him on here a month a ago and people laughed because he plays in montana..well now after playing in the big cali aau tournaments he is being looked at by ucla arizona and cali as well as a bunch of other highmajor schools...anyway im a knicks fan a pretty big one and i have to say they are pretty bad..i notice when peopel say the knicks are bad or lebron isnt comming some people think the person hates the knicks which i dont really understand because right now we are bad..im not talking about the future cuz who knows what will happen but our team is bad now we were bad last year aand untill we sign some stars we will continue to be bad..so to the other knicks fans out there can we start being a lil realistic and realize what we are right now at this point in time which is a bad team

bkballer
I know we are a bad team, im

I know we are a bad team, im just wondering why we should be worried like we are not doing the right thing right now. I have stated numerous times yes we are bad, but do you really believe we are in worse shape than last summer?

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
No, it sounds like your a

No, it sounds like your a hater. The Knicks are a team on the upswing. Since you play ball and stuff, please name drop for us. Who did the Knicks contact? I mean J-Kidd went to Dallas for more Money and Grant's Hill's wife wanted him to come to NY.

The Knicks are the biggest Basketball market on the east coast. If the Knicks get alot of cap space, they could get a good portion of players. Mostly young because they know the Knicks are a big market and if your good, you will be loved here. The Knicks will have a big bunch of money in 2010 and they will get some good player to revive the franchise.

People seem to forget. Look at some of the players the Knicks added. Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford, Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury, Antonio McDyess. Those players had good season before they came to the Knicks. Some had good seasons here and to be honest ( no lie here) some people thought we were on a comeback in 04 when we made the playoffs. I remember people saying Marbury was the Franchise. Then they got swept of course.

ANOTHER THING. People forget, Donnie Walsh. He is in charge now and his track record is amazing. He will make good choices on players. So, whatever.

Stanford hoops
no thats my cousins name who

no thats my cousins name who plays football..i picked this awhile ago to pump him up..as far as youre nephew ive seen him play and worked out with him before ( which i said awhile ago ) when i was in cali..hes a very good player..plays like a young grant hill. from what i see hes gonna be a big deal in a couple of years..all the nba players that where there playing with him said he has nba potenial. but anyway bkballer where did i say no one will want to play there based on 2 aging players? becaus ei dont see anywhere were i said that. and where did i say the knicks are headed in the wrong direction? are you making stuff up now?...my comments were to the fans who said i hate the knicks. i dont know what the hell you are talking about

bkballer
and this has nothing to do

and this has nothing to do with James not coming im actually confident he wont, but the assumption that noone will come to me that sounds like someone hating the knicks.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
The Last time the Knicks had

The Last time the Knicks had alot of cap space (1996), the Knicks added the 2 best free agents avilable. Allan Houston and Chris Childs were the 2 best players on the market and the knicks added them both in 96.

Stanford hoops
IF big names dont come

IF big names dont come there?..is that what are are trying to make into "big names WONT COME THERE"...and i do recall saying now not next year as far as the knicks not being a good team. so that means ya'll are saying they will be a good team and make the playoffs this year. so how is that hating on the knicks..i dont recall saying anything about how they will do next year i said they are a bad team now..im still not seeing where the hating on the knicks is comming from..if thats the case iim hating on the kings and timberwolves because i think they are also bad teams right now.

Stanford hoops
there are alot of haters in

there are alot of haters in the world then because alot of people think the knicks are a bad team right NOW

bkballer
"The question i have is with

"The question i have is with the Knicks having all there eggs tied up in HOPE for sign multiple impact players next off season is what if that falls through? what next? and which players really wants to put his name next to the dotted line before he knows there is someone else of note in N.Y first?

I think its time for Knick fans to start to worry/ open there eyes! especially when the coach is starting to become a non believer.... some food for thought ppl"

I know this isn't you but this is the point that i am talking about since it is the reason this thread was started.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
Youre saying because a OLD

Youre saying because a OLD PG and SF did not come to play in NY, you saying why would anyone play in NY...or am i mistaken?

"if its so great why havnt free agents been rushing to play there this year even if its for a year...if a realtor said some area was a great place because of everything they had yet no one moved there wouldnt you at least ask why no one has moved there yet?"

Stanford hoops
why havent the free agents

why havent the free agents (any not just a old yet good pg who the knicks did try to get) come to sign with the knicks...thats a very valid question..you take that and turn it into hating the knicks because im asking why?..its no different then me asking why people like tea so much..im not hating on tea im just asking why?..which means someone (if they know) is suppossed to answer the why question..then i say oh....im not seeing where u are getting hating from any of that

bkballer
I never directed the hating

I never directed the hating to you you are just the only person thats arguing with me right now. Im just curious who these other free agents are though? The old yet good pg who got offered 25 MILLION over the 18 we offered? The only player that actually TURNED us down was grant hill who has kids that were already enrolled in school before the knicks even made a move. Over the hill Grant Hill alone is clearly not a big enough sample to state anything valid.

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
The thing is Jason Kidd

The thing is Jason Kidd isn't good enough to turn around the Knicks by himself. The same goes for Grant Hill. This is why they didn't go to New York. Well LeBron or Wade are different characters. They aren't afraid to carry a team. They want the challenge of turning around New York. The Knicks will have a better supporting cast then Cleveland or Miami so dont be shocked if the Knicks land a mega star. Even if they don't they are sitll going to get good free agents...that is a fact..get over it

Stanford hoops
the knicks went after a

the knicks went after a couple of free agents just liek most teams went after a coupld of free agents that werent announcced because neither side was serious...i think inside the nba.com or some name like that says who has been talking/contacted by who..its like college basketball and how teams recruits alot of players but only the real big names ever get reported on the big sites even though there were more players getting recruited ..i asked a simple question that people seem to feel hurt about because now i hear old pg and over the hill because they didnt sing with the knicks ...thats no different then ya'll wanting to get a girl ,she turns you down, then all of a sudden shes ugly. but before she turned you down there was no bad thing said about her. there were some knicks fans who said negitive things about them before they turned the knicks down but most of ya'll didnt have a single negitive word to say about kid or hill untill he turned ya'll down

bkballer
Again, the knicks are not in

Again, the knicks are not in serious talks with free agents because they don't have money. They went after two because they wanted a veteran to help the young team. I have nothing bad to say about either player but kidd got offered A LOT more money in dallas so i wouldnt call that being turned down. And for you to say that people don't want to play in New York is ridiculous a lot of people came out on record saying they want to come here....Amare, Nash, Kidd has said it multiple times even though he resigned with dallas ($), Gortat stated he wanted to be a Knick but we didnt need him because we drafted big and got darko for a back up, watch pre draft interviews ull see almost every kid said he wanted to get drafted by the knicks (flynn, rubio, curry, jennings, thabeet, etc) What other team in the league gets so many people to actually say thats where they want to play. There must be some sort of pull to the greatest city in the world and whether you like it or not you will witness it eventually. Someone here mentioned last time the Knicks had money in 96 they had a very good summer, another one is coming soon.

bkballer
Before you say Knicks went

Before you say Knicks went after OTHER free agents i would really like to see where you found this information. I live in NY where every little move by the knicks gets put under a microscope, trust me if they made an offer to anyone else, even if it wasn't considered by the other player it would be all over the news.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
I said it a million times I

I said it a million times

I never wanted Hill or Kidd. I'm a honest Knick fan. Sorry. I rather have Ramon Sessions anyway. If he does not come to NY i wont be mad at him.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
bkballer is right. I live in

bkballer is right. I live in NY, who are we targeting?

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Man

Charles Barkley said it perfect, "The only people that think New York is the place to be and think they're going to make a huge splash are the people from New York"

RSS: Syndicate content