2010 Lottery Teams: Same As 2009?

GreenLantern
GreenLantern's picture
2010 Lottery Teams: Same As 2009?

With the definite exception of Washington and possibly Phoenix, both of which were injury riddled flukes anyway, what team do you guys think could make the leap next year? I don't see any of these making the playoffs next year. And I say this as a big OKC fan. On the bright side, next year's draft (The John Wall Sweepstakes) is considered to be way more top heavy and could be the draft that propells the lotto teams this year over the hump. Thoughts?

NYK423
disagree

knicks, bucks, bobcats, clippers, outside shot: thunder and grizz.
knicks, bucks, and bobcats will battle for spots in the east and clippers if they can ever find cohesiveness have the talent to make the playoffs. Grizz and thunder could possibly battle for the eighth spot in the west but it is a longshot. Plus you have to add in trades and offseason aqusitions before you can really make judgement on this.

GreenLantern
GreenLantern's picture
The Knicks making the playoffs?

Next year? With what? And you have to consider who is gonna get knocked out the playoff picture.

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
Knicks

won't make the Playoffs because the East will be something like
Cavs, C's, Magic, Heat., Hawks, Pistons, Bulls, and 76er's.
C's will be back and healthy. Cavs and Magic...DUH. Heat still have D-Wade. Pistons...may actually fall out. Bulls will only get better as will 76ers hopefully Brand helps them out.
Um. Bucks, Bobcats, and Nets will be fighting, but no Knicks. Just aren't good enough. They'll be back once more.

grkgreg
the knicks were in the

the knicks were in the playoff picture all season long! what makes u think that they r going to get worse? they might not be in the playoff next season but they will be in the hunt all season long. screw all u knick hating &$#%#&@!!

derekmorris21
pistons

dont see pistons making playoffs because they are probably in rebuilding mode, and i see the raptors maybe making it if they stay strong and keep bosh..

cheesepillow
my 3 choices

Nets
T-wolves
Raptors

comes to mind

NYK423
i never said

the knicks were going to be in the playoffs, i said they will battle teams for a spot. Danilo and wilson chandler are only going to get better, with a good draft pick and a solid offseason there is no reason to think they wont be in the playoof hunt. I agree its probaly a long shot that they make the playoffs but with detroit probaly falling out of the picture and u never know who could be the next washington there is a chance.

NYK423
t-wolves

are an interesting team because they could be a big suprise if al jefferson comes back healthy a line up of al, love, miller, foye, and curry, flynn, holiday, or maynor could be a very solid team but probaly a longshot with the lack of depth they have

cheesepillow
re: NYK423

also, you probably need half a season to gel a team with a new point guard running the show in his rookie year unless you're spectacular (Wade, Rose etc), that T-wolves would benefit from being in the lottery next year...I can see them having something after the 2010 draft for sure

knicksfreak
knicksfreak's picture
A rookie wont start at PG

A rookie wont start at PG for us. We are definitely in the hunt as long as we re-sign Lee. We were in the hunt last season even after we changed the team late in the season.

GreenLantern
GreenLantern's picture
Knicks

I hope the Knicks re-sign Lee instead of Robinson. It's an unfortunate situation for them but I can definitely see New York getting one of the bigger names in Free Agency next year. They won't make the playoffs, but that might actually be a good thing considering the deep draft next year combined with their upcoming cap space. THEN we can talk about the Knicks making waves in May.

The8thDeadlySin
The8thDeadlySin's picture
I just cant see the Pistons

I just cant see the Pistons making the playoffs. They are letting Rasheed and AI go and possibly trading Hamelton or Prince. THey could fight and sneek in but prolly will miss out.

RSS: Syndicate content