2010 FREE AGENCY:THE REAL QUESTION

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
2010 FREE AGENCY:THE REAL QUESTION

Who gets the most important pieces at all. Not Lebron not Bosh not Stoudimire not Wade. Who is gonna get those extremely benefical role players like

Allen
Haywood
Ginobli
Wright
House
Watson
etc.etc.

I honestly have a wierd feeling that wherever Haywood or Allen goes...unless they stay put.Wherever they go has a great chance of winning a Championship because they seem like that missing key that a Superstar in this class can really benefit from these players

If you would like to add on to the list you can im just lazy

The Scare Crow ...
David Lee

Lee gets Lost in the shuffle...possible 20/10 guy not getting love from the Knicks...I feel like whoevers gets Lee will be contender...Bulls/Heat/Nets(If they sign Lebron)Okc(cant see it)Kings(Have cap space and need a Power Foward) I can see the Knicks S and T Lee to the Kings for top pick and pieces...

Chrispy
Chrispy's picture
Ummm

Manu resigned already with the Spurs for 3 years.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Ginobli deal is done.

Ginobli deal is done. Question is what young rookie will force a team to not have to sign mid talent free agents for what they want forcing them to take deal 5 mil and lower. Ray Allen is staying in Boston. No one else will pay him more. There will be a lot of talented guys availble for cheap. This leads me to that thought against that Detroit was really stupid.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Manu can always be set up for

Manu can always be set up for a sign and trade...

Chrispy
Chrispy's picture
No, Wrong.

For a sign and trade there would be a commitment from the two participating teams to set up the contract and figure out the players to be exchanged fo the contract. That would simply be a trade.

Biggysmalls
I think there are a handful

I think there are a handful of guys who are not getting talked about at all that could be really valuable signings

1. Mike Miller: was a really solid player before being traded to the Twolves 2 years ago. Was always a solid 3 point shooter and a 11 to 15 ppg guy. Could be a great piece for Miami, or maybe Chicago.

2. Udonis Haslem: a great role player. A guy who could go to a young team and give a great veteren presence and leadership. Not a great statistical contributor, but will find a job and will provide whoever signs him with great value.

3. Travis Outlaw: a guy who was injured all year and traded to the Clippers. I think Outlaw will be a good signing for any team, because he is a good defender, and a great athlete. A solid SF, or a very good 7th man for a playoff team.

OrangeJuiceJones
OrangeJuiceJones's picture
Actually, Outlaw -- with all

Actually, Outlaw -- with all of his physical tools -- has never been considered a good defender. IMO, there's no reason why a guy with his gifts shouldn't be able to at least be a force in the passing lanes and on weakside blocks.

the barron
carlos

Let's not forget Boozer. Thats the one guy with a really high chance of leaving Utah.

NYK2010
I wouldnt' pay Boozer 15 mill

I wouldnt' pay Boozer 15 mill a year not with his history of injuries and him being undesized against the premier PF's like Gasol
Allen - might resign for one last run with the Celtics
Haywood - resign with Mavs if they move Damp, if not he's a very valuable big man for some team.
Ginobli - resigned with Spurs for one last run though they are capped out and not sure they are elite contenders.
Wright - who knows where he goes
House - you kidding me right
Watson - not much offense he's a back up
David Lee - also not sure where he goes NJ, Chicago, OKC and resigning with Knicks if they miss out on Amare and Bosh
Rudy Gay - no idea where this guy lands

Mike Miller - can be a great 6th man or start for some teams he's a very good shooter and decent scorer
Udonis Haslem - also can be a great 6th man or start at PF good defender and will hit open jump shots, remind anyone of Charles Oakely?

Travis Outlaw - injured last year that means he's a perfect fit for the Clips, maybe the Spurs take a chance on him if they can move RJ which will be tough.

RSS: Syndicate content