2010 draftees are up for extensions

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
2010 draftees are up for extensions

The deadline to sign 2010 draftees to an early extension is 10/31. We all know that John Wall (5 years/$80 million) and Larry Sanders (4 years/$44 million) have been extended. Who else gets extended early and how much do you think they'll receive?

- Evan Turner
- Derrick Favors
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Greg Monroe
- Gordon Hayward
- Paul George
- Eric Bledsoe
- Avery Bradley
- Greivis Vásquez

CavFanPR
Paul George, Greg Monroe and

Paul George, Greg Monroe and Cousins are the only ones.

B-ball fan
I think Gordon Hayward and

I think Gordon Hayward and Paul George definitely should get early extensions. Maybe 4 years - $40 mil for Hayward and 4 years - $44 mil for George. Other than that, it is harder to tell.

Bradley and Favors both have promise and a few years of experience on the same team, but both are still flawed, so next season could be a big proving ground for them. An early extension is unlikely for them. Monroe is worthy of an extension, but the Pistons frontcourt is really crowded. If I were the Pistons, I'd be looking to trade Monroe to somebody who will give him that extension. Cousins has supreme potential, but giving him a big contract is too risky to be worth it. It still may happen, though.

Vasquez simply isn't worth such an extension, especially given the Kings slim chances at making the playoffs, and Bledsoe and Turner both have failed to earn early extensions or definite roles on their respective team's moving forward.

the I in win
the I in win's picture
I think George will get

I think George will get closer to the 5 year max, maybe not all of it but close.

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
Yea, I agree. Larry Bird

Yea, I agree. Larry Bird isn't crazy... He wouldn't even bring an offer of 4 yrs/$44 million to Paul George's agent.

George is the first player from his class to make an All-Star team. Last season he was arguably the best wing defender in basketball and made 2nd Team Defense. He was on 3rd Team All NBA.

George is going to get a max deal. At this point, I'm only wondering if his agent pushes hard for the same deal John Wall got.

the I in win
the I in win's picture
Bird would be the only reason

Bird would be the only reason he doesn't get all of the max in my mind.

XYRYX
XYRYX's picture
Watch out for the Spurs to

Watch out for the Spurs to ink Kawhi Leonard to a pretty fat long term deal very soon and I love it. I see him getting 18/7.5/3 next year along with good shooting numbers. I'm still not Sold on him as a franchise player cause I miss the killer instinct in him right now but to be he still is one of the most exciting young Wings in the league.

Mr. HookShot
Mr. HookShot's picture
I think Bledsoe will get some

I think Bledsoe will get some kind of extension, depending on this year. Remember, they traded for him so whenever he does well this year, he will get an extension.

Oh and agree, George will definitely get a max extension.

r377
r377's picture
Josh Smith got $56 mill for 4

Josh Smith got $56 mill for 4 years with the Pistons.

I would be absolutely heartbroken if they couldn't sign Monroe and Drummond to extensions

apb540
apb540's picture
Evan Turner

I think there is a good chance ET gets traded and signs long-term with the acquiring team. Also, I feel like resigning Favors makes too much sense for the Jazz not to.

@activehustle
@activehustle's picture
If Indiana don't give Paul

If Indiana don't give Paul George the max someone else will...

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
I think all the guys on that

I think all the guys on that list will get extensions before the deadline....All expect Vasquez and Turner.....Having to play for a bigger contract might motivate Evan Turner to play better...

Pacers will be fools not to resign George..I hear the Lakers would love landing him......Folks in Chicago say he'll look good in a Bulls uniform...They will have to make some roster moves to get him...Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
I think all the guys on that

I think all the guys on that list will get extensions before the deadline....All expect Vasquez and Turner.....Having to play for a bigger contract might motivate Evan Turner to play better...

Pacers will be fools not to resign George..I hear the Lakers would love landing him......Folks in Chicago say he'll look good in a Bulls uniform...They will have to make some roster moves to get him...Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com

The Scare Crow Rises
The Scare Crow Rises's picture
The 76ers should extend Turner for cheap NOW

Because I think he'll be a better player than he's shown in his career thus far

Paul George should get a Max Extension Offer BUT I think it'll be hard to live up to that contract, look at Rudy Gay for example, PG is still going to be one of the best young players period so they'll pay that Man handsomely

Monroe should be in Detroit's plans but they just inked Jennings and Smith and will have to think ahead to Drummond's extension in 2 years, Greg Monroe has been the best player in Detroit and deserves better BUT I think he's the odd man out and he'll be Traded and Extended by his New Team, I just wish Philly could pull something off to get Monroe

Cousin is too much of a Wild Card BUT he's not going to be replaced easily if he leaves Sacramento so they'll overpay him, they just let Tyreke Evans go so I think they had this in mind, if Cousin acts up and becomes a team killer he'll be hard to move down the road but it's worth the risk to the Kings

Greivis Vasquez might not be extended but he'll find a place in the league as a Back Up Pg/Spot Starter

Bledsoe and Bradley have to be extended for the right price IMO, they both have great attributes that help a team in the new Point Guard Era, they can attack their man on offense and defend them well for stretches

Derrick Favors will likely get overpaid when the Jazz extend him, with all Big men the price can sky rocket and with Favors' much lauded "potential" the Jazz will be the first in line to sign Favors

Gordon Hayward will be the steal of this entire process IMO, even if he get's a 4 year/40 million deal, he'll be worth every penny to Jazz fans and Coaches, he's their best everything right now, my vote for M.I.P of the year along with Evan Turner

Lastly, the 76ers MUST extend Evan Turner IMO, he's do to break out and if he does he'll be a very good player for the Team, ET for all his inconsistences has still been a solid overall player and he's worth a 4 year/32 million dollar extension (6 million per season) he brings a lot to the table and the 76ers shouldn't plan on being bad for very long

Ny2daDeathOFme
Ny2daDeathOFme's picture
A 4 year contract at 32

A 4 year contract at 32 million would be 8 million a season and not 6.

theballerway
theballerway's picture
All of them

I think.

Vasquez will get a extended by the Kings . He may not be their pg of the furture but hes onnly making 2.15 this year and hes a good fit for that team as a distributer/facititator.

Favors would have to have a horrible year not to be extended by the Jazz after they got rid of AJ and PM and spent so much time developing him.

If Philly skips on Turner then his next team will as stated above. Without D. Collins on the sidelines I expect him to grow, I didnt think they blended

RSS: Syndicate content