This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar franfran 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    BKKnicksfan
    Participant

I know it’s been what, 7-8 months since the draft? But whatever, here’s how I think the draft would have been done over if done today. Tell me what you think AND give me a reason why you don’t like a pick. Here’s my top 10.

• Washington: John Wall
    • Philadelphia: DeMarcus Cousins
    • New Jersey: Greg Monroe
    • Minnesota: Evan Turner
    • Sacramento: Derrick Favors
    • Golden St: Ekpe Udoh
    • Detroit: Al Faroqu Aminu
    • Los Angeles Clippers: Paul George
    • Utah: Landry Fields
    • Indiana: Eric Bledsoe

What do you think?

gone
    Participant

Geez how many SFs do you want the Pistons to have?

Edit: Maybe Ed Davis instead and Pacers get Aminu

gone
    Participant

Geez how many SFs do you want the Pistons to have?

Edit: Maybe Ed Davis instead and Pacers get Aminu

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

Well, the Pistons are the real loser in all this, but not all bad.

I think Aminu is going to be similar to Moute of Milwaukee but with some more scoring. Aminu should be able to play SF and PF at times. If he were to go to the Pistons, he would have been entered as probably a role player coming in, but if he progressed, you could have move Prince for a post player

Edit: Or the Pistons could have said "Here LAC, Prince for your 8th pick?" and then take Ed Davis like you said?

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

Well, the Pistons are the real loser in all this, but not all bad.

I think Aminu is going to be similar to Moute of Milwaukee but with some more scoring. Aminu should be able to play SF and PF at times. If he were to go to the Pistons, he would have been entered as probably a role player coming in, but if he progressed, you could have move Prince for a post player

Edit: Or the Pistons could have said "Here LAC, Prince for your 8th pick?" and then take Ed Davis like you said?

llperez

i think turner and favors would both still go ahead of monroe based on potential. ANd i havent seen much of aminu or udoh, but paul george really has a lot of potential and i might take him over those 2.

llperez

i think turner and favors would both still go ahead of monroe based on potential. ANd i havent seen much of aminu or udoh, but paul george really has a lot of potential and i might take him over those 2.

Counting Stars
    Participant

People lost their mind when Fields was drafted 39th, could you imagine if he jumped all the way to 9th?

Counting Stars
    Participant

People lost their mind when Fields was drafted 39th, could you imagine if he jumped all the way to 9th?

NYK2010
    Participant

Something wrong with this list if Fields isn’t in the top 4 or 5.

NYK2010
    Participant

Something wrong with this list if Fields isn’t in the top 4 or 5.

llperez

i like fields as much as anybody, but top 10 is a good spot for him, he doesnt have as much upsode as some of the other guys.

llperez

i like fields as much as anybody, but top 10 is a good spot for him, he doesnt have as much upsode as some of the other guys.

sheltwon3
    Participant

I think it is still too early.  You have yet to give these guys a full year.  A lot of guys that did not play well early on or did not get minutes are playing really well lately like Monroe, Davis, Udoh, George, and a few others.  I think next year we will get to see who takes that next step.  Also Favors to me is going to take a while like Bynum did but he should pan out and has already shown more than I expected this early. A lot of teams will need to see what they got and make moves.  Damien James should be pretty good for NJ when he gets healthy.  I am actually interested to see how Udoh does in a full year when he is healthy because supposely he is helping GSW in limited minutes.  I hope they trade Wright then to give him more minutes and get some needed bench help.

sheltwon3
    Participant

I think it is still too early.  You have yet to give these guys a full year.  A lot of guys that did not play well early on or did not get minutes are playing really well lately like Monroe, Davis, Udoh, George, and a few others.  I think next year we will get to see who takes that next step.  Also Favors to me is going to take a while like Bynum did but he should pan out and has already shown more than I expected this early. A lot of teams will need to see what they got and make moves.  Damien James should be pretty good for NJ when he gets healthy.  I am actually interested to see how Udoh does in a full year when he is healthy because supposely he is helping GSW in limited minutes.  I hope they trade Wright then to give him more minutes and get some needed bench help.

NYK2010
    Participant

The Knicks don’t really run plays for Fields and he’s already the top rebounding guard in the league.  Also he has the best 3pt% in the 4th qtr in the whole NBA.  Some of the other players might have more potential.

NYK2010
    Participant

The Knicks don’t really run plays for Fields and he’s already the top rebounding guard in the league.  Also he has the best 3pt% in the 4th qtr in the whole NBA.  Some of the other players might have more potential.

franfran
    Participant

1-WALL

2-COUSINS

3-FIELDS

4-PAUL GEORGE

5-FAVORS

6-MONROE

7-ED DAVIS

8-TURNER

9-BLEDSOE

10-AMINU