This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar balla619 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Tha_Prince
    Participant

Hey guys, just want to see your feedback on who you think is going to be MVP, here are my top 3 picks, so far:

Dirk Nowitzki – 24.5 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, .544% fg

Is at the top of my list mainly because of Dallas’s 25-4 impressive win record, and also has been a big week for him as he recently passed Larry Legends scoring record, think the crazy german can hold onto this position?

Amar’e Stoudemire – 26.4 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.1 bpg, .526% fg

Second on my list because he took a bad team and put them into playoff contention. Setting records for most consecutive 30 point games is pretty crazy too, and with Dantoni’s up tempo offense I’m fully expecting to see more of these games from him.

LeBron James – 24.7 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 7.1 apg, 1.4 spg, .472% fg

Started out pretty rough, and it seemed like the world was saying how the Heat have all choked, but honestly could 3 superstars on a team equal a .500 team? The Heat are 9-1 in their last 10 games and even had a 12 game streak, LeBron has done a good job being the #1 option in my opinion and I think the Heat have finally found their niche and the team in general know’s now what it takes to win games.

sacphil_08
    Participant

Dwight howard needs to be in the discussion. he’s putting up 22 ppg 13 reb 2.3 blks a steal and an assists a game. with orlando’s acquisitions dont be surprised to see them move into top contention with boston in the east for the top spot and then we’ll see dwight in the discussion i believe. i think i was one of the few who brought this up over the summer… we’ll see if it comes to fruition

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Deron Williams

Dwight Howard

Derrick Rose

Rondo

All deserve consideration too but I think thus far Amare is my pick.

Tha_Prince
    Participant

Good points, This my just my list of the first 30 games or so of my top 3, guarentee it will look different come April. Dwights been a monster so far and I look for him to rise, Rondo has been good so far but his health hasn’t.

Steven

i hate to say it, cause i hate him and the team he’s on, but manu ginobli is def. up there.

JNixon
    Participant

Derrick Rose or Amare have to be top 2 as of right now.

mwalling2117
    Participant

I never thought I would say this, but Amare has to be the MVP favorite at this point in the year.

DanEboy
    Participant

I say Dirk is the MVP right now.

Top 5

Dirk

Deron

Rose

Amare

Dwight

The race is so wide open now, you can make a case for about 10 guys.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

isnt it funny that people say amare shouldnt win the mvp award becuz he’s a weak defender? then those same folks say dirk should win it..

and when has dirk made an all defensive team?

balla619
    Participant

I agree with Rude Boy.

Glad to see no one said Kobe should be MVP esp. since their schedule has been a joke so far.

I would say Amare becaz the Mavs were the #2 seed last year and still are this year.

Amare has made the Knicks a much better team this year and if they had some bigs or played some better D they’d be elite.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I think Rose,Dwight,Dirk,Deron & Amare should be the top 5…But if it remains as close as it has been so far…Dont be surprised if Kobe or Lebron wins it…The guys that vote would hate getting the same flack they got when Nash won it the 2nd time…

llperez

kobe. Seond in the league in scoring while playing the least minutes since he was a teenager. Still defeding too better then just about anyone else you guys mention as mvp. I understand why people overlook him though, expectations are so high. DUdes who arent on his level on either end of the court get more love becasue kobe is expected to dominate.

balla619
    Participant

True Perez is rite, only difference is the other teams Boston, Dallas, San Antonio have better records.

Not sure about your other comment.  Its not like he’s on a level better than anyone on both ends of the court if that was the case he’d be the best player in the league by far which isn’t the case.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login