This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Mr. 19134 13 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

2010-11 John R. Wooden Award Preseason Top 50

Name, Height, Class, Position, University, Conference
    Ty Abbott, 6-3, Sr., G, Arizona State, Pac-10
    Lavoy Allen, 6-9, Sr., F, Temple, Atlantic 10
    Kevin Anderson, 6-0, Sr., G, Richmond, Atlantic 10
    Talor Battle, 6-0, Sr., G, Penn State, Big Ten
    Kenny Boynton, 6-2, So., G, Florida, SEC
    William Buford, 6-5, Jr., G, Ohio State, Big Ten
    Alec Burks, 6-6, So., G, Colorado, Big 12
    Randy Culpepper, 6-0, Sr., G, UTEP, Conference USA
    Malcolm Delaney, 6-3, Sr., G, Virginia Tech, ACC
    LaceDarius Dunn, 6-4, Sr., G, Baylor, Big 12
    Kim English, 6-6, Jr., G, Missouri, Big 12
    Corey Fisher, 6-1, Sr., G, Villanova, Big East
    Jimmer Fredette*, 6-2, Sr., G, Brigham Young, Mountain West
    Austin Freeman, 6-4, Sr., G, Georgetown, Big East
    Ashton Gibbs, 6-2, Jr., G, Pittsburgh, Big East
    Steven Gray, 6-5, Sr., G, Gonzaga, West Coast
    Jordan Hamilton, 6-7, So., G/F, Texas, Big 12
    Elias Harris, 6-7, So., F, Gonzaga, West Coast
    Jeremy Hazell, 6-5, Sr., G, Seton Hall, Big East
    John Henson, 6-10, So., F, North Carolina, ACC
    Cory Higgins, 6-5, Sr., G, Colorado, Big 12
    Tyler Honeycutt, 6-8, So., F, UCLA, Pac-10
    Robbie Hummel*, 6-8, Sr., F, Purdue, Big Ten
    JaJuan Johnson, 6-10, Sr., F/C, Purdue, Big Ten
    Kris Joseph, 6-7, Jr., F, Syracuse, Big East
    Kawhi Leonard, 6-7, So., F, San Diego State, Mountain West
    Jon Leuer, 6-10, Sr., F, Wisconsin, Big Ten
    Kalin Lucas*, 6-1, Sr., F, Michigan State, Big Ten
    Shelvin Mack, 6-3, Jr., G, Butler, Horizon League
    Demetri McCamey, 6-3, Sr., G, Illinois, Big Ten
    E'Twaun Moore, 6-4, Sr., G, Purdue, Big Ten
    Marcus Morris, 6-9, Jr., F, Kansas, Big 12
    Jacob Pullen, 6-0, Sr., G, Kansas State, Big 12
    John Shurna, 6-8, Jr., F, Northwestern, Big Ten
    Kyle Singler*, 6-8, Sr., F, Duke, ACC
    Chris Singleton, 6-9, Jr., F, Florida State, ACC
    Nolan Smith, 6-2, Sr., G, Duke, ACC
    Tracy Smith, 6-8, Sr., F, North Carolina State, ACC
    Durrell Summers, 6-5, Sr., G, Michigan State, Big Ten
    Jeffery Taylor, 6-7, Jr., G/F, Vanderbilt, SEC
    Isaiah Thomas, 5-9, Jr., G, Washington, Pac-10
    Trey Thompkins, 6-10, Jr., F, Georgia, SEC
    Klay Thompson, 6-6, Jr., G, Washington State, Pac-10
    Joe Trapani, 6-8, Sr., F, Boston College, ACC
    Brandon Triche, 6-4, So., G, Syracuse, Big East
    Nikola Vucevic, 6-10, Jr. F, USC, Pac-10  
    Kemba Walker, 6-1, Jr., G, Connecticut, Big East
    Derrick Williams, 6-8, So., F, Arizona, Pac-10
    Jordan Williams, 6-10, So., F, Maryland, ACC
    Chris Wright, 6-8, Sr., F, Dayton, Atlantic 10

(Based on a preseason poll. Players listed alphabetically.) *indicates player chosen to the 2010 Wooden Award ballot

JNixon
    Participant

No problem with this list for the most part, since they omitted Freshmen from the list.

Don’t sleep on Chandler Parsons though!

TRC1991
    Participant

no kenneth faried?

stanford hoops

jeremy green should be on this list. second team all pac-10 as a soph now gonna be the main point man on the team

td8118
    Participant

wow this just shows me how bad the talent is in college basketball this year

stanford hoops

talent in college basketball has been going down slow since my class. the players of today dont seem to be as good as back in the day

you had actually big men on top of big men who could play pf/sf you had very good guards

hell i remember when my brother was playing college ball just about every team had a nba prospect even low major teams

stanford hoops

then again these guys could be better then we think just like last years draft class that most people thought wouldnt be that good

Moon River
    Participant

Brandon Triche, really?  I think it is still running down his leg from last years tournament game against Butler.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

i WOULD OF LIKED TO SEE WHAT FRESHMAN THEY THINK HAVE A CHANCE BECAUSE THEIR ARE A HANDFULL OF FRESHMAN THAT HAVE JUST AS GOOD A CHANCE AS ANYONE

JNixon
    Participant

"jeremy green should be on this list. second team all pac-10 as a soph now gonna be the main point man on the team"

Jeremy Green should not be on the list. He was 2nd Team All-Pac 10 because the Pac-10 sucked last year. He has -100% chance of winning the John Wooden award.

llperez

i see jeremy green being pac 10 second team again. About 17-18 points.  shooting is the only thing he really does great. BUt man he has nba range and shoots them contested like nothing. BUt his ability to create his own shot is average and he played off fields a lot last year so we will see how he does now as the man.

stanford hoops

but brandon triche should be on the list?..lol..you can name 40 guys onthe list that have a 100% chance of not winning it

freeman

kim english

vucevic from usc

whats funny is i read a old post where someone said almost the exact same thing about landry fields before the season. pac-10 sucked last year so does that make fields or anyone in the pac-10 less of a player because the conference is bad?..guess flip murry should have never been drafted

how many guys on this list do more then one thing good or anything great??..exactly

OhCanada-
    Participant

Chandler Parsons really got ripped off here..

stanford hoops

chandler has 100percent chance of not winning it as well so maybe he shouldnt have been on the list either

JNixon
    Participant

Parsons has a WAYYYY better chance than Green does. Florida will be a tourny team, and Stanford will not. And Parsons is poised for a breakout season and an expanded offensive role.

Just about every player on that list will be better than Jeremy Green. I guarantee if Green played for Mizzou he wouldn’t play over Kim English, who was a 3rd team player in a conference with WAY better talent than the Pac-10. Same should be said for Austin Freeman, who does all the stuff Green does except with more efficiency. Just because you like Stanford doesn’t mean Jeremy Green needs to be on this list.

Brandon Triche probably shouldn’t be on the list, but that’s like 1 person, and he could be replaced with Parsons.

"whats funny is i read a old post where someone said almost the exact same thing about landry fields before the season. pac-10 sucked last year so does that make fields or anyone in the pac-10 less of a player because the conference is bad?..guess flip murry should have never been drafted

how many guys on this list do more then one thing good or anything great??..exactly"

What are you babbling about? Landry Fields wasn’t a Wooden candidate, and Jeremy Green won’t be either. Both put up good numbers on a terrible team, and both weren’t mentioned in the Wooden race because of it. This topic is about the Wooden award, not about who gets drafted where. I don’t know what Flip Murray has to do with anything about this LOL.

stanford hoops

chandler has zero chance just liek most of the guys on there.

flip was mentioned because you doubted green because of how weak the pac-10 was. flip played division 2 basketball so i used that example to demonstrate that it doesnt matter how weak youre conference is if youre good youre good. thats what flip has to do with this conversation.

chandler isnt on there for a reason, probably the same reason green isnt because the powers that be dont think hes good enough. i think green is good enough and you think chandler is good enough yet you wanna down grade green just because YOU dont think hes good enough and if you dont think so then it must be law. sorry doesnt work that way. youre opinion is chandler is good enough and has a better chance. the powers that be think not just like my opinion is green should be on there and the powers that be think not

stanford hoops

and we can say if so and so played at so and so then they would do this or that. youre gurantee means nothing because we cant prove it can we? falls into the same catagory as me saying i gurantee i can be on this list if i played for mizzou but that would just be guess work with zero proof that it would be true if i did play there

JNixon
    Participant

"chandler has zero chance just liek most of the guys on there."

He has a better chance than Jeremy Green to be a candidate though. And that’s all this post is. A candidate list.

"and we can say if so and so played at so and so then they would do this or that. youre gurantee means nothing because we cant prove it can we? falls into the same catagory as me saying i gurantee i can be on this list if i played for mizzou but that would just be guess work with zero proof that it would be true if i did play there"

I know he wouldn’t play over English. For a fact. He’s not better than Kim English is. I don’t think anybody besides someone that likes Stanford or that has never seen Kim English play would say Jeremy Green is better.

"flip was mentioned because you doubted green because of how weak the pac-10 was. flip played division 2 basketball so i used that example to demonstrate that it doesnt matter how weak youre conference is if youre good youre good. thats what flip has to do with this conversation."

You said I thought that Flip Murray woudln’t get drafted . That had NOTHING to do with Jeremy Green’s -100% chance of being a John Wooden award winner or candidate.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

I read like 4 or 5 names on there that even has a chance from that list.

This list tells you nothing about who really has a shot at winning the award. 90% of this list doesn’t have a shot.

I really like the Purdue trio.

I like they got Fisher and freddette on here alont with Burks and Higgins.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login