This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar benjo34 12 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    fgrrghg
    Participant

I was just looking through some recent drafts and I noticed that in 2009 there were quite a few point guards taken in the first round. Most of these guys are playing important roles on teams this year, I was just wondering where you guys would rank them 3 years after the draft… (Not putting tyreke in the pg category either)

where they were picked in the draft:

5. rubio

6. flynn

7. curry

10. jennings

17. holiday

18. lawson

19. teague

20. maynor

21. collison 

25. beaubois

29. douglas

I think flynn clearly looks like the biggest dissapointment here. I’d probably rather have any of these other pg’s ahead of him. Other than that though, these guys have all played a role or have shown flashes of getting there (beaubois)

invalid
    Participant

1. rubio

2. curry

3. lawson

4. jennings

5. holiday

6. collison

7. maynor

8. teague

9. beaubois

10. flynn / douglas. tie for last pick meh

benjo34

i dont think that Flynn is a bust…he had a solid rookie season,afther that he didnt have much chance to play..it would be good for him if Rockets can trade him to team that need PG..

dwilks101586
    Participant

1. Rubio ( I have rubio above Curry because he makes his teammates better)

2. Curry

3. Lawson

4. Jennings

5.Holiday

6. Collison

7. Teague ( I have him above the rest because he should be a starter but Kirk’s there)

8. Beaubois

9. Douglas ( Douglas is good but i feel hes a system player jus like Fields)

10.Maynor (Maynor is nice and Utah should have never let him go)

11. Flynn

Jlv2011

Tyreke and Curry are the best ones.  Rubio has played 14 games so too early.

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

1. Rubio

2. Lawson

3. Curry (drops to 3 because he has not been able to keep healthy with that nagging ankle)

4. Holiday (has the body reminiscent of Gary Payton and is a reliable scorer and facilitator)

5. Jennings (drops to 5 because his scoring inconsistencies and not so pleasant Assist/turnover ratio) 

6. Collison

7. Teague

8.Maynor

9. Roddy Buckets

10. Douglas

11. Flynn (Ouch….Look how low he has come since his rookie year)

the microwave
    Participant

razorsharpe… thank you my friend.. These other guys putting Jennings ahead of Jrue is a joke.. Head to head Jrue killed him the other night.. If you like flash i understand picking jennings over jrue, i for one prefer substance.. Jrue is on another level..

fgrrghg
    Participant

everyone with rubio over curry eh? When everyone is healthy here is my list for I would rather have on my team right now:

1. curry

2. rubio

3. lawson

4. jrue

5. jennings

6. collison

7. teague

8. douglas

9. maynor

10. roddy B

11. flynn

and at benjo… I’m not too sure how you cant consider flynn a bust at this point. Maybe bust is a bit harsh already but he has to be a major dissapointment atleast. He’ll he’s playing for mchale, the man that drafted him and he still is behind dragic for the backup spot. As the 6th overall pick thats pretty dissapointing, considering that there are 10 point guards contributing a lot more that were picked after him.. 

joecheck88
    Participant

Anyone think Johnny Flynn would look good in a Lakers uniform? He is small but he would infuse athleticism to that team from the point if only for 16 mins a game.

invalid
    Participant

benjo did you think why doesnt flynn gets playing time anymore?

microwave about jennings vs jrue .. its as if you can really pick someone that is the right choice? the op made us rank.. and i just answered based on my own likings. if you cant take someomes opinion, you are the joke.

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Good list, idk why people are puttin Bj ahead of jrue, Jrue always kills him head to head and is a better player in the long run

invalid
    Participant

fgrrghg i wanted to put curry too at first as he already proved himself, but now he is injured and i felt rubio’s potential might caught his level or surpass him at some point 🙂

Maniac Maciej
    Participant

…make an argument for Lawson at the top. Especially if Denver keeps playing well.

Is Curry really a PG that can lead a team to the playoffs? Seems like he could be a great 6th man for a really good team, a la James Harden. 

I’d only take Rubio first if my main goal was trying to sell tickets.

fgrrghg
    Participant

As much as i like lawson i still rank him a notch below curry and rubio. He’s more of a scoring point and id rather have better facilitators. 

As for curry i definitely think he is a winning point guard if he can stay healthy. The guys been a beast when healthy. 

and i find that rubio comment just absurd… he’s clearly making everyone around him better already and he’s still a rook. I can definitely see why hes ranked first on many peoples lists

benjo34

@fgrrghg look man i just say that i think Flynn isnt a bust..you have your opinion i have mine..

@invalid i just said my opinion i dont dissrespect nobody 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login