This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar midwestbbscout 13 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    rhofern
    Participant

2009:

PG: John Wall

SG: Eric Bledsoe

SF: Darius Miller

PF: Patrick Patterson

C: DeMarcus Cousins

BN: Daniel Orton

BN: Darnell Dodson

2010:

PG: Brandon Knight

SG: Doron Lamb

SF: DeAndre Liggins

PF: Darius Miller

C: Terrence Jones

BN: Stacey Poole

BN: Josh Harrellson

2011:

PG: Marquis Teague

SG: Doron Lamb

SF: Michael Gilchrist

PF: Darius Miller

C: Anthony Davis

BN: Kyle Wiltjer

BN: DeAndre Liggins

If everone pulled a 2008 UNC:

PG: John Wall

SG: Brandon Knight

SF: Michael Gilchrist

PF: Anthony Davis

C: DeMarcus Cousins

BN: Marquis Teague

BN: Eric Bledsoe

LOL but seriously i would have to say that its close between 2009 and 2011 but i think 2009 is the best team and 2010 is the worst.

jaysmith1987
    Participant

If the recruits from 2011 are as good as advertised they will be the best team because Deron Lamb is returning and he is already solid and I think contrary to belief this Uk team makes the sweet 16 then next years team comes in ready to take the next step

jaysmith1987
    Participant

If the recruits from 2011 are as good as advertised they will be the best team because Deron Lamb is returning and he is already solid and I think contrary to belief this Uk team makes the sweet 16 then next years team comes in ready to take the next step

jaysmith1987
    Participant

gregoden08
    Participant

Darius Miller will NOT be starting over Kyle Wiltjer.

gregoden08
    Participant

gregoden08
    Participant

immaletufinishbut
    Participant

Lamb might be one and done……………..

immaletufinishbut
    Participant

immaletufinishbut
    Participant

mj23mj23bestever
    Participant

i agree that lamb is prolly a one n done

mj23mj23bestever
    Participant

mj23mj23bestever
    Participant

hiphopismylife
    Participant

Its 2009 to me. This 2011 class is a bit overhyped in my book. On paper and by rankings they look better than 2009 but not on the court. Anthony Davis looks like a potential top-five pick, but Michael Gilchrist and Marquis Teague are both highly overrated from what i’ve seen. Watching

Teague in high school he certainly has his moments, but he too often makes very little impact on the game and disappears, while not being on a great team. Terone Johnson and D’vauntes Smith-Rivera, who are ranked well below him, have outplayed him all three teams i’ve watched them go at it. I don’t see a franchise NBA point guard, but I have heard hes been working this summer so he could break out this season. He has plenty of potential but he is nowhere near John Wall. Physically he is more like Eric Bledsoe but doesn’t shoot as well right now.

Gilchrist will be an impact guy from day one because he competes and is very unselfish, but his skill set is nothing to rave about. He manages to make plays with the ball but I still look at him as a power forward as his ball handling is not very smooth and his jump shot is a non-factor at this point. He makes the great majority of his scoring plays right under the basket at this time. He finds a way and will definitely be a very good player for the Cats but, like Teague, I don’t see NBA stardom in his future.

To what gregoden08 said, I disagree and think that Miller would in fact play over Wiltjer. Yes, Wiltjer is a 5-star guy but that doesn’t always automatucally mean coming in like gangbusters. He has a very unique skill set with his shooting touch and face-up ability, but because of his major lack of athleticism I think it will take some time for him  to make the adjustment to that level of basketball. Regardless I am excited about this 2011 class because that’s just my observation, scouts are crazy about them. We’ll see.

hiphopismylife
    Participant

Its 2009 to me. This 2011 class is a bit overhyped in my book. On paper and by rankings they look better than 2009 but not on the court. Anthony Davis looks like a potential top-five pick, but Michael Gilchrist and Marquis Teague are both highly overrated from what i’ve seen. Watching

Teague in high school he certainly has his moments, but he too often makes very little impact on the game and disappears, while not being on a great team. Terone Johnson and D’vauntes Smith-Rivera, who are ranked well below him, have outplayed him all three teams i’ve watched them go at it. I don’t see a franchise NBA point guard, but I have heard hes been working this summer so he could break out this season. He has plenty of potential but he is nowhere near John Wall. Physically he is more like Eric Bledsoe but doesn’t shoot as well right now.

Gilchrist will be an impact guy from day one because he competes and is very unselfish, but his skill set is nothing to rave about. He manages to make plays with the ball but I still look at him as a power forward as his ball handling is not very smooth and his jump shot is a non-factor at this point. He makes the great majority of his scoring plays right under the basket at this time. He finds a way and will definitely be a very good player for the Cats but, like Teague, I don’t see NBA stardom in his future.

To what gregoden08 said, I disagree and think that Miller would in fact play over Wiltjer. Yes, Wiltjer is a 5-star guy but that doesn’t always automatucally mean coming in like gangbusters. He has a very unique skill set with his shooting touch and face-up ability, but because of his major lack of athleticism I think it will take some time for him  to make the adjustment to that level of basketball. Regardless I am excited about this 2011 class because that’s just my observation, scouts are crazy about them. We’ll see.

hiphopismylife
    Participant

midwestbbscout
    Participant

Davis, Gilchrist, and Teague have all been ranked number 1 in the past year and a half…..

hiphopismylife
      Participant

@midwest would you take 2011 or 2009?

hiphopismylife
      Participant

hiphopismylife
      Participant

midwestbbscout
    Participant

Davis, Gilchrist, and Teague have all been ranked number 1 in the past year and a half…..

midwestbbscout
    Participant

midwestbbscout
    Participant

cuz I they are my early favorite to win it all which is something ’09 didn’t even come close to doing….if Knight stays I take ’11 fo sho….. 

midwestbbscout
    Participant

cuz I they are my early favorite to win it all which is something ’09 didn’t even come close to doing….if Knight stays I take ’11 fo sho….. 

midwestbbscout
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login