This topic contains 40 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JoeWolf1 9 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Mad Max
    Participant

with 10 years in the books, I think there’s been plenty of time to properly re-draft the 2004 drafted. If you recall, two big men were the center of the draft as people debated who should go #1, the high school pehnom Dwight Howard or National Champion and NABC Player of the Year Emeka Oakafor. Well, the Magic took Dwight Howard (unpopular at the time) #1 and made the right call, as Dwight has proven to be the top player from the class of ’04. There are plently of productive players from 2004, but outside of Howard, nobody is a franchise superstar (and I’m not sure Howard is one either, imo.) But here’s a re-draft.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_history/2004.html

1. Orl: Dwight Howard (1)

2. Cha: Al Jefferson (15) (lol, they eventually got him.)

3. Chi: Josh Smith (17)

4. LAC: Loul Deng (7)

5. Dal: Andre Igudala (9)

6. Atl: Kevin Martin (26)

7. Chi: Devin Harris (5)

8. Tor: Jameer Nelson (20)

9. Phi: JR Smith (18)

10. Cle: Trevor Ariza (44)

11. GS: Tony Allen (25)

12. Sea: Anderson Verajao (31)

13. Por: Emeka Oakafor (2)

14. Uth: Shaun Livingston (4)

15. Bos: Kris Humphries (14)

16. Uth: Delonte West (24)

17. Atl: Beno Udrih (28)

18. NO: Dorrell Wright (19)

19. Mia: Sebastian Telfair (13)

20. Den: Sasha Vujacic (27)

The rest is unbearable and not worth fisnish the final 10 picks for. It was a very interesting draft in a couple senses, the lack of big time all-stars/scorers, most of the quality players went in the 1st round except for Ariza (the only real 2 rd standout). Also if you had done this 3 years after 2004 in 2007, someone like Ben Gordon would be a lot higher and Josh Smith would be lower. 

Another interesting tid-bit, the Mavericks currently have Devin Harris and Jameer Nelson who were All-Stars in 2009.

Shout out to Blake Stepp, Andre Emmett and Kirk Snyder who all thought would have solid careers, but never did much.

Anyways, discuss and look back on the class of 2004 with found memories and be on the lookout for my re-draft of 2005.

JoeWolf1

Damien Wilkins went undrafted in 2004, and I think I’d take him over Sasha for sure maybe Sebastian. He’s not in the league anymore, but in his prime was a good defender, and glue guy who was well respected around the league. 

JoeWolf1

Damien Wilkins went undrafted in 2004, and I think I’d take him over Sasha for sure maybe Sebastian. He’s not in the league anymore, but in his prime was a good defender, and glue guy who was well respected around the league. 

Mad Max
      Participant

Well at this point your arguing about dirt.

Mad Max
      Participant

Well at this point your arguing about dirt.

Mad Max
        Participant

Didn’t know there were so many Damien Wilkins fans here, go dawgs!

Mad Max
        Participant

Didn’t know there were so many Damien Wilkins fans here, go dawgs!

JoeWolf1

You should have just stopped at 18 if you think there’s no merit in discussing the last few picks.

Mad Max
            Participant

I just find it funny the only thing you mention is Damien Wilkins, it’s like arguing what’s the better Owen Wilson movie, Hall Pass or Drillbit Taylor?

JoeWolf1

Not even arguing, man. You were the one who opened up the topic, and I just stated my opinion in a pretty matter of fact way, and for some reason you seem to be upset by it. 

You took some time, and made a good re-draft ( way better than that other guy JM40, or whatever ) but then turn around and troll people who have something to say about it? 

You may not agree with me, but rather than stating your case, you troll? I don’t get it, man. You list was a better look than you trying to be funny.

Mad Max
                Participant

I gotcha man I’m just giving you a hard time and trying to have some fun. Thanks for the compliment, actually means something from a guy who’s pretty knowladgeable.

JoeWolf1

It’s cool, man. Not trying to be too serious, just wasn’t sure where you’re coming from.

And by the way, no Owen Wilson movie is worse than You, Me, and Dupree, lol

JoeWolf1

It’s cool, man. Not trying to be too serious, just wasn’t sure where you’re coming from.

And by the way, no Owen Wilson movie is worse than You, Me, and Dupree, lol

Mad Max
                Participant

I gotcha man I’m just giving you a hard time and trying to have some fun. Thanks for the compliment, actually means something from a guy who’s pretty knowladgeable.

JoeWolf1

Not even arguing, man. You were the one who opened up the topic, and I just stated my opinion in a pretty matter of fact way, and for some reason you seem to be upset by it. 

You took some time, and made a good re-draft ( way better than that other guy JM40, or whatever ) but then turn around and troll people who have something to say about it? 

You may not agree with me, but rather than stating your case, you troll? I don’t get it, man. You list was a better look than you trying to be funny.

Mad Max
            Participant

I just find it funny the only thing you mention is Damien Wilkins, it’s like arguing what’s the better Owen Wilson movie, Hall Pass or Drillbit Taylor?

JoeWolf1

You should have just stopped at 18 if you think there’s no merit in discussing the last few picks.

Chewy
    Participant

I STILL would take Deng over Josh Smith (Iggy too).

Robert Swift lol

Chewy
    Participant

I STILL would take Deng over Josh Smith (Iggy too).

Robert Swift lol

Mad Max
      Participant

I think Smith is a better player but for majority of his career has been forced to play out of position, but I understand why you say that and could easily swap them

Mad Max
      Participant

I think Smith is a better player but for majority of his career has been forced to play out of position, but I understand why you say that and could easily swap them

Chewy
        Participant

is a great talent, but he turned himself into a jumpshooter waaay to early in his career. He wasted his unbelievable athleticism by refusing to slash and try to dunk on people. He hasn’t developed his outside shot enough to play the way he plays.

On the other hand, Iggy, who has the same shooting limitation will give you more consistant defense, rebounds, steals and assists. He is an underrated passer in my book.

I’m not going to look it up because I watched it year after year for the Bulls, but Deng had a run of like 7-9 straight years where he played a ridiculous mpg and somehow remained relatively healthy. I always considered him a top 15-20 SF and yet he has no problem playing like a glue guy for the betterment of the team.

Chewy
        Participant

is a great talent, but he turned himself into a jumpshooter waaay to early in his career. He wasted his unbelievable athleticism by refusing to slash and try to dunk on people. He hasn’t developed his outside shot enough to play the way he plays.

On the other hand, Iggy, who has the same shooting limitation will give you more consistant defense, rebounds, steals and assists. He is an underrated passer in my book.

I’m not going to look it up because I watched it year after year for the Bulls, but Deng had a run of like 7-9 straight years where he played a ridiculous mpg and somehow remained relatively healthy. I always considered him a top 15-20 SF and yet he has no problem playing like a glue guy for the betterment of the team.

Mad Max
          Participant

If you’re only the 15-20th best sf in the nba, you should be playing like a glue guy….

Mad Max
          Participant

If you’re only the 15-20th best sf in the nba, you should be playing like a glue guy….

username_taken
    Participant

Trevor Ariza’s been in the league for 10 years? Seems way shorter than that.

username_taken
    Participant

Trevor Ariza’s been in the league for 10 years? Seems way shorter than that.

Chewy
      Participant

being shocked that the Lakers let him go. He had his best year ever (in a Laker jersey) the year before he moved on playing in all 82 games.

Then he went to Houston and started 71 games for them and then was moved to NO, and again I was shocked.

I really valued his game but he has bounced around the league a lot.

Chewy
      Participant

being shocked that the Lakers let him go. He had his best year ever (in a Laker jersey) the year before he moved on playing in all 82 games.

Then he went to Houston and started 71 games for them and then was moved to NO, and again I was shocked.

I really valued his game but he has bounced around the league a lot.

nick5354
    Participant

Redrafts are very hard because most of us forgot team structure, team needs etc when doing redrafts, especially one’s 10 years ago. But assuming this is done by BAP and you are not able to change a players mindset I wouldn’t take Josh Smith that high. He is just too much of a low percentage, low IQ and all round damaging player to have on your team. I would rather have Iggy and Deng on my team.

nick5354
    Participant

Redrafts are very hard because most of us forgot team structure, team needs etc when doing redrafts, especially one’s 10 years ago. But assuming this is done by BAP and you are not able to change a players mindset I wouldn’t take Josh Smith that high. He is just too much of a low percentage, low IQ and all round damaging player to have on your team. I would rather have Iggy and Deng on my team.

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Shaun Liv would go top 5 again haha. I know hes had injuries, but His potential was through the roof! Smooth, quick, pass first.. Amazing Talent at Peoria HS

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Shaun Liv would go top 5 again haha. I know hes had injuries, but His potential was through the roof! Smooth, quick, pass first.. Amazing Talent at Peoria HS

Mad Max
      Participant

you’re such a chach

Mad Max
      Participant

you’re such a chach

Roland209
    Participant

about Shaun Livingston "He could be the best player of this draft in 10 years." I remember thinking 10 years being so far away. Time flies. And yeah that analyst was wrong. 

Roland209
    Participant

about Shaun Livingston "He could be the best player of this draft in 10 years." I remember thinking 10 years being so far away. Time flies. And yeah that analyst was wrong. 

MattP31
      Participant

Livingston’s knee injury at the start of his career very likely changed the whole course of his career, so I wouldn’t go as far as saying the analyst was wrong about him. Though I still look at him today and wonder what if 

MattP31
      Participant

Livingston’s knee injury at the start of his career very likely changed the whole course of his career, so I wouldn’t go as far as saying the analyst was wrong about him. Though I still look at him today and wonder what if 

King Calucha
    Participant

Am I the only one who thinks Devin Harris is way too high? He’d be 11-12th on my list.

King Calucha
    Participant

Am I the only one who thinks Devin Harris is way too high? He’d be 11-12th on my list.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login