This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar james1337 12 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Bmore_DC
    Participant

This draft reminds a lot of us of the 2000 draft, and maybe thats not a bad thing…

Kenyon Martin, Mike Miller, Jamal Crawford, Turkoglu, DeShawn Stevenson, and Michael Redd (and a couple other guys) have been decent/good players in the league. 

But to me, the 2011 NBA Draft reminds me more of the 2005 NBA Draft.

Im not saying it will be as good, but they are similar in that if you look at the 2nd Round in 2005 it is very decent. Brandon Bass, Ersan, CJ Miles, Monta Ellis, Louis Williams, Andray Blatche (I hate you), Ryan Gomes, Amir Johnson, and Gortat all in the 2nd round!?

These guys arent superstars (maybe Monta i donno) but if you do your research and REALLY scout this 2011 Draft…you might be able to find some diamonds in the rough.

Guys like Josh Selby, JaJuan Johnson, Jeremy Tyler, Norris Cole, Malcolm Lee, Travis Leslie, Chandler Parsons, Iman Shumpert, Shelvin Mack, Cory Joseph, John Leuer, and a couple other guys ALL have potential to be 2nd round sleepers. Even David Lee was picked LATE 1st Round. 

It is quite possible that when we look back on this 2011 draft, the SECOND round may be not far off from the FIRST round, just like 2005 (minus Chris Paul and Deron Williams)

Although i understand the intrigue, and why Cleveland would take him, Im not quite sold on Kyrie Irving and i may catch some negative feedback from that but heres a quick list of the guys I really like and would pick if only i was an NBA GM (damnit!!!)

Derrick Williams, Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, Kawhi Leonard, Tristan Thompson, Chris Singleton, Jordan Hamilton, Kenneth Faried, and Josh Selby. 

TheBigEasy
    Participant

It’s a way to look at things, but I don’t think that this second round has near the talent that the second round of 2005 had. Nevertheless this draft intrigues and the more experts are screaming that it’s a weak draft class, the more it intrigues me and the more I root for those guys (except the Morris twins, who are really getting on my nerves with all the talk).

Bmore_DC
      Participant

Yea I mean its hard to say until its all said and done. Im not saying the talent is equal but go back and look at 2005 and the first round is equal to the second…that could easily be the case here in 2011

Bmore_DC
      Participant

Yea I mean its hard to say until its all said and done. Im not saying the talent is equal but go back and look at 2005 and the first round is equal to the second…that could easily be the case here in 2011

james1337
    Participant

Just let it play out. The Rookie vs sophmore game should be the start of understanding where the draft highlights future is heading. For all anyone would know, this could be the best of all time. Just because of how players are scouted higher than others doesn’t mean that everything will play out the way it should. For all we could know, there could be a player who becomes a stealing mastermind like Scottie Pippen and all they needed was a good coach. My point is you can’t measure dedication off of stats from early years.

Also, the 2000 year draft was horrible, no where near as bad as the one with Len Bias. You know it’s bad when the best player in the draft got a torn ACL for two seasons. Bad luck I guess. The point is they’re responsible for having bad allstar games for years 2003 and 2004 you relie on upcoming stars like them to bring in a few new guys that just wasn’t the case.

james1337
    Participant

Just let it play out. The Rookie vs sophmore game should be the start of understanding where the draft highlights future is heading. For all anyone would know, this could be the best of all time. Just because of how players are scouted higher than others doesn’t mean that everything will play out the way it should. For all we could know, there could be a player who becomes a stealing mastermind like Scottie Pippen and all they needed was a good coach. My point is you can’t measure dedication off of stats from early years.

Also, the 2000 year draft was horrible, no where near as bad as the one with Len Bias. You know it’s bad when the best player in the draft got a torn ACL for two seasons. Bad luck I guess. The point is they’re responsible for having bad allstar games for years 2003 and 2004 you relie on upcoming stars like them to bring in a few new guys that just wasn’t the case.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login