This topic contains 32 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Im Your Father 13 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    skate1385
    Participant

bulls 1-Elton Brand

Grizzlies 2-Manu Ginobili

Hornets 3-Shawn Marion

Lac 4-Steve Francis

Raptors 5-Baron Davis

Timberwolvs-6-Richard Hamilton

Wizards 7-Ronald Artest {ron}

Cleveland 8-Andrei kirilenko

Suns 9-Lamar Odom

Hawks 10- Jason terry

Cleveland 11-Andre Miller

Raptors 12 -Wally Szczerbiak

Seattle 13- Corey Maggette

Timberwolvs 14-Raja bell

nyk 15- Chris Andersen

Top 15 of the 1999 nba draft a lot of good players in this draft

Hale
    Participant

Too bad B-Diddy didn’t become the player he could’ve. Injuries and poor decison making on the court ‘ruined’ a potential HOF career. Super athlete with great strength who could score and pass with the best of them, still has had a nice career though.

Hale
    Participant

Too bad B-Diddy didn’t become the player he could’ve. Injuries and poor decison making on the court ‘ruined’ a potential HOF career. Super athlete with great strength who could score and pass with the best of them, still has had a nice career though.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Baron Davis should be 3. He had better careers then Shawn Marion and Steve Francis. Also, He had a better career then Manu as well.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Baron Davis should be 3. He had better careers then Shawn Marion and Steve Francis. Also, He had a better career then Manu as well.

Chewy
    Participant

won co-ROY award with Brand. He was the best player in this class. Then Van Gundy went to Houston and made up an offense that completly negated all the good points to his star players game. Yao was good, but not good enough to screw over Francis.

If were going by their whole carreer than no his isn’t that great, but his first few years were amazing.

Chewy
    Participant

won co-ROY award with Brand. He was the best player in this class. Then Van Gundy went to Houston and made up an offense that completly negated all the good points to his star players game. Yao was good, but not good enough to screw over Francis.

If were going by their whole carreer than no his isn’t that great, but his first few years were amazing.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Stevie Franchi$e could arguably be #1 overall IMO

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Stevie Franchi$e could arguably be #1 overall IMO

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Steve Francis was not that good. Sorry people who liked him, he wasn’t that good.

I admit, he had great numbers but he wasn’t better then Baron Davis.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Steve Francis was not that good. Sorry people who liked him, he wasn’t that good.

I admit, he had great numbers but he wasn’t better then Baron Davis.

Steroid
    Participant

This was one of the worst drafts ever. lol

Steroid
    Participant

This was one of the worst drafts ever. lol

utehawkfan1026
    Participant

steve francis should not be in the top 5 and prolly not even the top 10. I’m pretty sure he never got out of the first round in the playoffs and also he’s the only guy on this list who isn’t in the NBA right now

utehawkfan1026
    Participant

steve francis should not be in the top 5 and prolly not even the top 10. I’m pretty sure he never got out of the first round in the playoffs and also he’s the only guy on this list who isn’t in the NBA right now

Im Your Father
    Participant

I don’t think that draft was bad. It had quite a few good players, many of whom were all-stars. No real superstars, although some of the top players were on that level for a short period. Brand at his best, right before he got hurt was a legit franchise player. Francis and Davis too were for a while drifting just below that Franchise status. I actually think it was quite a good draft, filled with stars, just not superstars.

Im Your Father
    Participant

I don’t think that draft was bad. It had quite a few good players, many of whom were all-stars. No real superstars, although some of the top players were on that level for a short period. Brand at his best, right before he got hurt was a legit franchise player. Francis and Davis too were for a while drifting just below that Franchise status. I actually think it was quite a good draft, filled with stars, just not superstars.

mgreener_34
    Participant

"steve francis should not be in the top 5 and prolly not even the top 10. I’m pretty sure he never got out of the first round in the playoffs and also he’s the only guy on this list who isn’t in the NBA right now"

Man if I was a GM with the 11th pick and knew I was going to get a guy who could give me an exciting 20-5-5 a night I would probably die. 

mgreener_34
    Participant

"steve francis should not be in the top 5 and prolly not even the top 10. I’m pretty sure he never got out of the first round in the playoffs and also he’s the only guy on this list who isn’t in the NBA right now"

Man if I was a GM with the 11th pick and knew I was going to get a guy who could give me an exciting 20-5-5 a night I would probably die. 

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

Anyone else notice that five of these guys have played for the Clippers at one point or another

LazarusMunoz
    Participant

Anyone else notice that five of these guys have played for the Clippers at one point or another

JoeWolf1

Steve Francis only had 6 good seasons and fell off signicantly afterwards, a lot of guys ranked after him are still playing a high level today.  If you were redoing the draft with the information we have now, why would you take someone who only played 6 good seasons when you could have a guy who is still playing at a high level 10 years later?? Give me AK47, Odom, Rip, Andre Miller, Magette or even Baron Davis over Stevie Francis, NO way in hell I would draft a player high if I knew he’d only play at a high level for 6 years and be out of the league after 9 years.

JoeWolf1

Steve Francis only had 6 good seasons and fell off signicantly afterwards, a lot of guys ranked after him are still playing a high level today.  If you were redoing the draft with the information we have now, why would you take someone who only played 6 good seasons when you could have a guy who is still playing at a high level 10 years later?? Give me AK47, Odom, Rip, Andre Miller, Magette or even Baron Davis over Stevie Francis, NO way in hell I would draft a player high if I knew he’d only play at a high level for 6 years and be out of the league after 9 years.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Other factors contributed to Francis’ downfall like bad situations who trades for him to play alongside Steph Marbury thats just retarded…

Steve Francis is probably the best player on this list in his prime at taking a game over.  Only Manu, or B-Diddy could compare to Francis in terms of taking over a 4th quarter in the NBA.  

If I had to pick one player to win a game off this in their prime it would be Francis.

For a career its hard not to say Manu.  He can do so many things for a team.  And he brings winning intangibles. 

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Other factors contributed to Francis’ downfall like bad situations who trades for him to play alongside Steph Marbury thats just retarded…

Steve Francis is probably the best player on this list in his prime at taking a game over.  Only Manu, or B-Diddy could compare to Francis in terms of taking over a 4th quarter in the NBA.  

If I had to pick one player to win a game off this in their prime it would be Francis.

For a career its hard not to say Manu.  He can do so many things for a team.  And he brings winning intangibles. 

Im Your Father
    Participant

I dunno, I may be biased being a Duke fan, but I’d definitely take Brand in his prime. Explosive, yet polished big men are hard to find. People forget now because of all the injuries just how good Brand was. First of all  he is big, actually not undersized contrary to popular belief, with a huge wingspan. He used to be very light on his feet and explosive too. He has a great post up game and used to play great defense man-to man as well as block two shots per game and rebound the hell out the ball. 

Im Your Father
    Participant

I dunno, I may be biased being a Duke fan, but I’d definitely take Brand in his prime. Explosive, yet polished big men are hard to find. People forget now because of all the injuries just how good Brand was. First of all  he is big, actually not undersized contrary to popular belief, with a huge wingspan. He used to be very light on his feet and explosive too. He has a great post up game and used to play great defense man-to man as well as block two shots per game and rebound the hell out the ball. 

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Brand is not undersized at all i never understood where that idea came from…And I’m super biased against Brand cuz he decided to leave his prime when he came to Philly.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Brand is not undersized at all i never understood where that idea came from…And I’m super biased against Brand cuz he decided to leave his prime when he came to Philly.

Im Your Father
    Participant

I know right, he was listed at 6’8 for his whole career while he measured at 6’8.25 in socks and 6’9.5 in shoes. If anything he could have been listed at 6’10. Plus he has a super long wingspan of 7’5, so he played even bigger. Really, with his size, length and athleticism, he was capable of guarding a lot of centers, but instead people looked at him as an undersized 4. Why people considered him undersized his beyond me. 

Im Your Father
    Participant

I know right, he was listed at 6’8 for his whole career while he measured at 6’8.25 in socks and 6’9.5 in shoes. If anything he could have been listed at 6’10. Plus he has a super long wingspan of 7’5, so he played even bigger. Really, with his size, length and athleticism, he was capable of guarding a lot of centers, but instead people looked at him as an undersized 4. Why people considered him undersized his beyond me. 

Im Your Father
    Participant

It really was a shame that played for the Clippers for so long, because I really think he could have had a huge impact on some winning teams. Although granted he did lead them to a playoff birth or two.

Im Your Father
    Participant

It really was a shame that played for the Clippers for so long, because I really think he could have had a huge impact on some winning teams. Although granted he did lead them to a playoff birth or two.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login