#1 Pick for 2013?

qDizzle32
qDizzle32's picture
#1 Pick for 2013?

Last year it became pretty obvious that Anthony Davis was gonna be the #1 pick less than halfway of last season. But this year it's still very unanimous of who should go #1. Nerlens Noel, Shabazz Muhammad, Ben McLemore, Alex Len and Cody Zeller are the leading candidates as of right now. I've been saying Shabazz Muhammad for a year now to go #1 in 2013 but he hasn't really shown enough to go #1 yet. It could very well be Nerlens Noel if he would only be a little more coordinated with his offense and Ben McLemore is the black horse to #1 this year, he really seems to be built for the NBA despite not being ranked very high is high school. 6 out of 7 times from 2000-2007 a big man went #1 overall but the trend has stopped after Kwame Brown, Andrew Bogut, Andrea Bargani and Greg Oden (due to injuries) were obviously not the best players in their classes. Big man are harder to find now a days but if a team without a good frontcourt win, Cody Zeller and Alex Len do have shots at it. Who do you think should go #1 and say why you think they deserve that spot?

Lebron's Hairline
Lebron's Hairline's picture
There is no seperation of

There is no seperation of talent in the top 8 players of this draft like last year, all f them have holes in their games and aren't sure fire stars at the next level; I don't know why people are making a big fuss at Ben Mac being #1 on the mock, doesn't matter who goes 1-5 imo

tli232
Unanimous means IN agreement,

Unanimous means IN agreement, just sayin.

BO-Lieve
BO-Lieve's picture
lol

lol, also the correct term you're looking for is is "dark horse" not "black horse". You're welcome.

HotSnot
My issue with Len, Noel and

My issue with Len, Noel and Zeller is trying to imagine them playing against starters on ANY team in the NBA. Obviously there is lots of room for improvement but I get the feeling these players would get eaten alive at the moment. There's just no way they could compete for a starting job or even regular minutes. I have a feeling all 3 would be nothing more then bench players for their first 2-3 years in the league. When you look at it that way, none of them should be the #1 pick.

BigChamp12
IMO

Who will be lottery picks is up for grabs this year. However I feel like there's only a few players that are worthy of using a number one pick on. I feel like you #1 picks on guys you plan on to be the future of a franchise and a Superstar rather than just a good player. I like Cody Zeller a lot, but I dont see him going number one. I think he'll be a good player in the league but never the best player on his team and not a 20ppg scorer. I think Noel, Bazz, and Mclemore are all worth taking at #1. IMO they all have the ability to change a franchise a become faces of the team. Not saying that other guys in this draft will not end up being stars, but only saying that they arent worth the top draft pick.

Lindsey
The thing with this is year

The thing with this is year is you could make a serious mistake drafting the best player available instead of filling a team need. But this draft will have plenty role players and second fiddles offensively, and thats not really bad thing.

1st I would go Shabazz still.

But after that I think if Bennett keeps his pace up with the Rebels, a team will be very happy with Milsap/Maxiel hybrid. As a top 5 pick. I would take him over ZEeller and Len. And it really depends on team need between a top 3 of Bennett, MccLemore and Shabazz.

Lindsey
The thing with this is year

The thing with this is year is you could make a serious mistake drafting the best player available instead of filling a team need. But this draft will have plenty role players and second fiddles offensively, and thats not really bad thing.

1st I would go Shabazz still.

But after that I think if Bennett keeps his pace up with the Rebels, a team will be very happy with Milsap/Maxiel hybrid. As a top 5 pick. I would take him over ZEeller and Len. And it really depends on team need between a top 3 of Bennett, MccLemore and Shabazz.

Meditated States
Meditated States's picture
Cody Zeller

I take him 1st. Seven feet and a Gazelle. I know his arms are short but he is tall.

drk3351
drk3351's picture
I think shabazz will end up

I think shabazz will end up being #1, he's had a good season just his struggles have been over emphasized, noel maybe and i think zeller is a tad overated

Meditated States
Meditated States's picture
I think Zeller is

Becoming underrated. I could see Shabazz but kid only goes left most of the time. I like him but just something I see. I am taking the Center with skills.

JJeff6
JJeff6's picture
Honestly the 2013 draft isnt

Honestly the 2013 draft isnt exciting at all to me. 2014 is a whole different story. Whichever two teams tank badly, will receive SUPERSTAR potential players in Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins (if they declare for the draft). At this rate, Washington could be setting themselves up to actually be solid if they can get two top 2 picks in these next drafts. a talented but still unproven John Wall, Brad Beal who will eventually come into his own to be a stud, as well as top of the draft talent in 2014 (assuming they also get a good player this year, but you never know because none of these guys are surefire), they actually could have a strong young nucleus to add with a (hopefully at some point) healthy Nene. Not as doomed as one might think.

RSS: Syndicate content